vaping at stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganfl22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Lakeland, FL, USA
true enough, to me if Im gonna vape in a store I will but its on an aisle where noones around and ill normally stealh vape, I carry my mod all the time anyways being that vamo in 18650 mode is a bit tall and i unfortunately havent wrapped yet and its chrome so i tend to try not to pocket it lol. Anyways high pg less vapor small tokes blown out kind of hard disperesees the vape very quickly for me. Huge clouds arent stealthy and are always gonna cause an issue. stupid as it may be, but Ive always carried a tank and a vv/vw device or 2 lol and leave my nemesis with the nimbus dripper at home

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
walmart iv asked why they will not alow it any more and they said its a public hazord

As long as this is the argument being put forth by stores/establishments, then the following is the proper response.

I'm beginning to feel some good old fashioned civil disobedience is in order.

A vaper that concludes otherwise is plausibly an anti-vaper in the making, even if they can't bring themselves to admit to that openly.

KAI789

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Murfreesboro, TN
Do I vape in stores? Sure, as long as I hold in my vape to the point that when I exhale, minimal to no amount of vapor is released. Why? Because I don't want the issue.

Restaurants? I won't vape, because I don't really want vapor clouding up my food, and I'm sure no one else does.

However, should someone inside a store ask me to stop, I will kindly say sure and proceed to vape somewhere else.

More often than not however, doing this has garnered curiosity as opposed to distrust

Vosblod

Apr 16, 2014
UK
I definitely wouldn't vape in a food store - I don't remember a time you would ever smoke in them either. They have always sold cigarettes but that didn't mean it was OK to smoke. A hardware or clothes store? Well I am probably not going to be in them long enough to have to have a vape. One of the really large stores well, if they didn't provide a convenient smoking area half way through, then I would discreetly. If someone wants to try and throw me out due to the dangers of water vapor and lose my trade so be it - they make enough money to provide a vaping area which I would happily use.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I agree with most here. We didn't smoke in stores, I fully realize vapeing is completely diffrent, but most don't know that. I figure we have enough problems now, we don't need to add to it. As for me I'm satisfied with just living by the old smoking laws. Sure, in a perfect world I would love to vape as I buy my breakfast cereal. But not a big deal, I can wait.

I haven't been doing this long and maybe my approach isn't "helping the cause" but I treat vaping like smoking at least for the time being. Just because you can vape indoors doesn't mean you have to. People are still very ignorant and scared and my belief is that if you push your agenda on people and flaunt it people will resent you no matter what. To me that hurts the cause. I still vape outside at home sometimes just to mimic what I did when I smoked. Even when out in public, I vape in my car or outside a business just to be respectful of those who wish not to be around it.

PosingOwl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
Clovis, NM
I know individuals that work at walmart and they are not allowed to vape unless on a break but the back rooms are ok. I have vaped in walmart everytime I go, just last week I was waiting about 30 minutes to be helped, the store manager walked by and asked if I needed anything all while I was vaping. Fortunately he didnt ask me to stop he just went about his business. Everywhere I have been to I vape unless asked not to. Like at applebees,I asked if I could vape and they said only at the bar I didnt have a problem with it, just went to the bar.....

But I bet it also have to do with where you live. I am in a small town of about 20 to 40 thousand.

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
I know individuals that work at walmart and they are not allowed to vape unless on a break but the back rooms are ok. I have vaped in walmart everytime I go, just last week I was waiting about 30 minutes to be helped, the store manager walked by and asked if I needed anything all while I was vaping. Fortunately he didnt ask me to stop he just went about his business. Everywhere I have been to I vape unless asked not to. Like at applebees,I asked if I could vape and they said only at the bar I didnt have a problem with it, just went to the bar.....

But I bet it also have to do with where you live. I am in a small town of about 20 to 40 thousand.

i use to work at walmart and the store i was at we could use them in backroom(where i worked anyways) then eventually only on break, then they made us go outside, needless to say i left there few weeks after that. Still vape all the time as long as no ones in the aisle ( usually go after 1am so no ones there anyways...i hate most people in public)
the upside to only being in a 20-40k city is that.. less people to piss you off ;) at least in my perspective lol

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
People are still very ignorant and scared and my belief is that if you push your agenda on people and flaunt it people will resent you no matter what. To me that hurts the cause.
For everyone who says, "hey that's cool," there are more people who quietly complain about it when I'm out of earshot. It's not worth doing damage.

When I smoked, there were places I could do it and places I couldn't. I apply the same philosophy to vaping.

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
But not a big deal, I can wait.

This-icon.jpg

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
most people dont know tommatos have nic in them and alot of outher food so as for second hand nic vape its bs on the buzz and for jobs doing a piss test for nic what would they do to us that vape bc i know my insurence we up bc of it and they say bc its bc no one knows whats in it thats bs to only vape 100% vg and 36 nic

Kind of a Faulkner Sound and the Fury thing you've got going there. Well done.

dmetzcher

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
California, USA
I doubt that Walmart thinks vaping is a public hazard (or, at least, that this is their reason for not allowing vaping in their stores). That employee was probably just parroting what he/she had heard somewhere. The reason businesses may tend to disallow vaping in their stores (which is their right) is that they don't want to deal with complaints from other customers. From the store's perspective, one person vaping could generate several complaints from other customers. If that happens several times a day, employee productivity would decline because they'd have to deal with it, and no employer wants that. If, worst case, someone is going to leave the store, they feel it would be better that one person (the vaper) leave (which is very unlikely anyway -- I think we can all wait a few minutes until we get outside), rather than five other customers leave, which is more likely if they have someone blowing vapor around them and have no idea what it is. Ultimately, it's not the store's responsibility to change the public's mind or educate them, and most will not want to police it.

Captainlady

Aug 7, 2014
Canada
I don't care about vaping inside at stores. I think it's rather silly to do that. Just wait a few minutes.

I wish sometimes I could vape at work but we go outside.

I vape inside my home whereas I only smoked outside.

I vape on "non-smoking" patios but I would often smoke there too. Now I just don't worry about disturbing others while I do it.

I've actually discovered that the idea that vaping may renormalizing smoking behavior makes sense. Yea, okay, maybe it won't cause people to actually start smoking cigarettes but I have met a few who took up vaping regularily from being an occassional cigar smoker and even non-smokers who think its cool. People who admittedly would smoke if it wasn't for the cigarettes being cigarettes.

Vaping isn't a healthy habit and nothing someone should just take up for fun or because it is cool. While it is a better choice than cigarettes, it is not harmless. Yea, yea, I get it some of you have vested interests in vaping becoming even more popular than smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread