Vaping is way more expensive to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWalker

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
NM
Gotta quit vaping. I vape 10ml a day costs $5.00 per day. Cigarettes only cost $5 every 2 days....but I hate smoke so I like chew.....a $2.00 can lasts me a week ($2 a week).
:

10ml is a lot, 5ml is alot....

But i want to know where you get this $2 chew that lasts a week! Let me know. I see no tobacco products on the shelf for $2 much less a weeks worth.

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
DIY is the only way to go. As for 10ml a day being a lot it depends on what PV you use and what voltages it runs at and how much idle time you have. When I was unemployed at home all day using my GGTS with AVS running at 7.4v I'd often go through 12ml-18ml a day, now I'm working 9 hours a day and using my VV Ali'i with a HV atty at about 6v I go through roughly 3-4ml a day.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Zen~, I'm either using a 5 volt GLV2 or my Buzz set anywhere from 4.5 to 5.2 volts. Usually with a 2.5 to 3 ohm carto and I can't go through more than 5 or 6 ml vaping like a steam engine all day. I still say if you're going through 10 ml in a day you gotta be throwing 3 or 4 ml away. Can't see it, sorry.
Methinks the OP exaggerated a touch.

Well, I'm so cheap I still have my first communion money... I throw NOTHING away, and yes, I vape through that much.

Grab yourself a CE2 R4, do the syringe mod so you can see the juice in there... it wicks so fast you can see the level dropping.

I vape one flavor, not switching out cartos all day.

And I absolutely vape through that much juice, without question, and it actually doesn't matter if you can see it, understand it, or explain it... the best thing about the truth is that it is what it is.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
OK, if you say so Zen~. Wasn't trying to start an argument or piss anybody off. Just doesn't seem possible to me.
I saw a post one time where a guy said he smoked 5 packs of cigarettes a day and I didn't think that was possible either (still don't) but I guess maybe it's not my place to say it.
I guess if the OP wants to go back to the analogs or dip snuff the rest of his life because vaping is too expensive then so be it. I only know that I'm vaping my head off and spending $200.00 a month less than I did on cigarettes. That is also the truth.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
mist, I spend WAY less on vaping than smoking... and that's a good thing!

In NY, a pack of smokes is 10-11 bucks... My DIY juice costs me between 80 cents and a $1.25 per day! Add a box of cartos that lasts me a month, and I'm at 30-40 bucks a month... a savings of $260-$270 per MONTH!

The problem is vaping stuff that costs 5 dollars for a 10ml bottle! If a guy wants to vape that much juice, then he should DIY some cheaper juice instead of sending money to a juice supplier. Heck, even the dekang stuff is 50ml for 11 bucks or so at Mad Vapes... he could be at 2.00 a day in an instant! If he bought 24mg and cut it 50 % with PG and add a dash of tasty puff flavoring he could be at a dollar and change.

Some people can't be bothered by mixing, and they either pay the price, or go back to analogs.

I sleep 4 - 5 hours a day... I vape nearly constantly, which I know is probably a bad idea, as I'm vaping sitting at my desk all day... watching TV, driving down the road... etc.

But I LOVE being a non-smoker... I'm HOPELESSLY addicted to nicotine, but I'm a non-smoker and it's the way I will remain.

And mist, you didn't piss me off... you made an assumption about MY truth based on YOUR truth, people do it all the time... no big deal.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Well it seems like your comparing apples to oranges if your not vaping the same amount as you would be smoking.

Vaping 10ml a day is like 5 packs a day in cigs. I don't think you getting them for a buck a pack.
So you must smoke less per day in analogs.

Its like saying I drive 500 miles in my honda and it costs me soooo much more....
than going 20 miles in my Hummer ...
Does that make sense. The only thing they have in common are four wheels.

And it seems the only thing your smoking and vaping have in common are you inhale them.
You just are inhaling 3000% more of one than the other.

I guess I don't see the point of the post. Well you did ask for comments or thoughts so here is mine.
QUIT VAPING SO MUCH PER DAY :)

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
10ml is a lot, 5ml is alot....

But i want to know where you get this $2 chew that lasts a week! Let me know. I see no tobacco products on the shelf for $2 much less a weeks worth.

I want to know how you get smokes for 2.50 a day. That would be 5 cigs per day for me in NY.

Last edited:

Sully

Sep 30, 2010
Midwest
Ok I have a bunch of menthol juices that just don't do it for me. I'm curious how do you use the menthol crystals once you buy them? Do they dissolve in VG? I'm just wondering if they're chunky - do you have to dilute them somehow, heat them up, what? I'm thinking I can add those to my menthol juices I've already invested in to get the high flavor I need.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I used to smoke a pack a day. During the summers, I would switch to copenhagen chew, and would go through about a can every other day. Arent cans of chew about 6 or 7 bucks? If you are going through only a can a week, you must not have much of a nicotine habbit.

That being said, tasty vapor sells 48 mg nic juice. Most of their flavors come in doublers without nic, so you can stretch out the higher nic juices, assuming you dont want to DIY.

I have spent close to $700 in 3 months, but saved $450 on the analogs I would have smoked. I am at the point that it will be down hill from here, as I have about 1000 ml of juice which will last me 7 more months at least. So all I should be buying would be replacements for my all day vape juices, along with a few attys, and ego batteries. I have about 30 cartomizers, so those will last a long while too.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I use C-E2 XL cartos. Usually load 1.7 mL's in each. Two lasts me a workday/night. On my weekends I go through 3. That's a smidge over 5 mL's. And I have my PV in my hand almost every minute. Maybe the OP needs to increase his nic level. Can't imagine anybody going through 10 mL's a day. I DIY my juice, and refill cartos forever it seems. Have been using these same 5 cartos on two Li'l Sister's in rotation for going on 4 weeks. Reason I use two PV's is my cartos vape hot, and I can easily overvape the wicking ability of these cartos. So, the dwell time afforded by switching back and forth between two lets it cool and lets it wick. This is just my solution, may not be for others. But, to the original problem of too much expense for vaping, just find a cheaper way. I don't think the chaw is a good solution. I've had two of my best friends die recently, both were told the chewing tobacco was the cause. I was shocked and didn't believe it, but. . .they both died from it. Good Luck with your continued search for a better. . .cheaper solution.

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread