How much or often do you vape??

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
the first week or two of vaping, i paid pretty close attention to how much juice i was using and how often i was vaping. at the time i read somewhere the average was 18ml a week. i thought 18ml a wk was excessive since it was taking me 2 weeks to go through a 15ml bottle. now it doesnt seem so much especially when i realized today i finished a 10ml bottle that i just bought on saturday! granted, it burns faster than my normal juice since it was an 80/20.

day 1 - 15
juice usage: 1ml a day
timing/duration: 2-3 times an hr/3-5min duration (similar to smoking)

day 16+
juice usage: 15-20ml a week
timing duration: busy times 1-2 times an hr/driving or watching tv: almost constantly

the difference has made vaping more expensive than i thought it was gna be but still costs less than smoking.

TrueV

Feb 17, 2013
Alabama, US
First of all 80/20 is normal juice/eliquid. It is the best blend by far or something like 70/30. pg does not clog up atomizers, carts, or clearomizers. Also, pg does not bio accumulate in the body and even if ingested it is out of the body with in 4 hours. Vg on the other hand is needed to increase "smoke effect" more vapor and to smooth out the throat hit. Any more than about 30% of mixture though and it has a detrimental effect on the equipment, throat hit, and possibly breathing over time. Anyway, sorry about unasked for info. I use about 60to 80 ml per month of 80/20 Dekang eliquid.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/rachy_b/3788-one-month-monitoring-my-usage-lol.html

First take your right hand and make a fist. Extend your pointy finger and thumb and take hand to head. Now repeat after me...'Looooooooooooooser!'

I think I took my measuring a bit too far huh?! Still, in a couple of days, I can post the TWO month version!!!! Oh the excitement! I usually use anywhere between 0.5ml and 2.5ml a day but I'm cutting back on my strength too.

I find that I use more using tanks than cartomisers but if you're concerned about vaping too much, might you think about dropping your nic to balance it out?x

Mud Pie

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
Cypress, TX
While at work, I smoked maybe 3 a day. The whole "get up, walk to the elevator, wait for it, go down, go outside, smoke one, go back in, stop at the restroom, wash up, go back to work" routine made smoking not feasible. Smoking a cig took maybe 3 minutes, the whole procedure to smoke one took maybe 15. I'm took busy to lose that time too often.

Now, with vaping, I can sit at the keyboard and puff away. I find myself hanging one (I use a cig-a-like) from my mouth a lot. A LOT. Now at home, I no longer have to get up, go outside and burn one. I can sit on the couch or in bed, watch TV and vape away. The convienence of vaping is allowing me "smoke" more than I did with analogs.

I've only been vaping a month, not too long in the big scheme, and I'm glad I am vaping, but I wonder several things; am I vaping more "just because" ? Am I vaping more often because of the novelty ? Am I vaping more because of the lower nicotine (I used to smoke Marlboro 100's, not the lightest cigarette) ?

I know I've gone overboard buying things. I, too, like many here, almost always have "vape mail" in progress. But I feel better already, haven't lit an analog, and my wife has no problem with all the coin I'm dropping on this stuff. When yet another package arrives in the mail, she hands it to me with, "At least it's not another carton of Marlboro's. Stick with it." She sends random congrats texts to me during the day noting how many days and cigs I've been smoke free.

So, yes, I vape a lot. Will I slow down ? Time will tell.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
let me clarify, i just posted this to see what the average is in vaping. whether i vape 2 ml or 5 ml a day, i dont have any concerns about it. im enjoying it and thats all that counts as long as its keeping me from smoking. the post was also a way to just try to get to know ppl on the forum alittlr more since im new here.

i made mention of the 80/20 mix as different only bc the brand i usually buy is much thicker but mix is "proprietary" so i dnt have a clue what it is i just know its a higher vg content. based on the companies that list their mix it seems like 80/20 is pretty average. it does seem to get used faster in my clears but i dnt have to replace them as quickly as the other brand.

thanks for all the info. glad to see some replies to my posts. not always sure what to start off with and dnt want to just post replies to other posts.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
btw since ive only been vaping for 2 months and quit smoking cold, ive gotten wrapped up in all the new toys. ive been getting something in the mail every 2 wks, usually 2 packages. but ive still spent less on vaping than i would have spent on smoking so im happy. i figure once i find 4-5 flavors that i can rotate during the day then my spending will taper off and boil down to extra clearomizers and juice refills once a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread