Vaping nicotine issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
nicotine salts might help as you suggested.

You could also try mixing something at 1.5 mg/ml. Just make sure you give it a good shake and let it sit a while. If it doesn't blend well you can hit pockets of concentrated nicotine when you vape. Especially if the eliquid is cold or has a high VG ratio.

Vertigo can also be related to a problem with the inner ear. I wonder if vapor can reach the inner ear if you are blowing out your nose? I never looked into that idea. Perhaps the nicotine is causing vasoconstriction or inflammation in the inner ear. Although I would think the cigarette smoke would as well...

Are you a dual user? As in, do you smoke and vape? Maybe it has to do with factoring in the overall amount of nicotine you are getting from both sources.

The only other wacky idea I can think of is making sure you are very hydrated before and after vaping. That's very generic advise, but hydration can solve a lot of problems.

I think my only option left is to put very small amounts of nic in the eliquid and work my way up.
I do make sure I shake it for a solid 5 minutes. I've even tried airing it out for an hour or so.

When I first starting vaping, I stopped smoking entirely for a week, so i'm certain it is not duel use. I don't exhale through my nose either.
Yes I also constantly drink plenty of water.

The other issue is the feeling of being stoned it gives me, is the really weird symptom, almost like a dissociative so im not sure if an ear issue would cause this?

My nic salts arrived today so I will update after I've tried this

• Optimistic
Reactions: CAAB

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well, if they are 10ml bottles of 18mg nic, then that would indeed give you 60ml of 3mg juice as a result. So I have no idea what to say. For some reason, liquid freebase nicotine doesn't agree with you maybe? Maybe the bottle of nic you bought is actually stronger than labeled?

Maybe try 1mg? That means you have to only add 2.9ml of that 10ml bottle of 18mg nic. So about 1/3rd of the bottle of nic.

Nic Shot Calculator - Adding Nicotine To Shortfills & eJuice

• Useful
    Reactions: Letitia

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
    Well, if they are 10ml then that would give you 3mg. So I have no idea what to say. For some reason, liquid freebase nicotine doesn't agree with you maybe? Maybe the bottle of nic you bought is actually stronger than labeled?

Maybe try 1mg? That means you have to only add 2.9ml of that 10ml bottle of 18mg nic. So about 1/3rd of the bottle of nic.

yeah I bought some salt nic which didn’t work either so next I’ll be trying in very small doses. But if the dose it too small I’ll end up wanting a cigarette anyway so it’s not great

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    yeah I bought some salt nic which didn’t work either so next I’ll be trying in very small doses. But if the dose it too small I’ll end up wanting a cigarette anyway so it’s not great

The 18mg nic, is that based in 100% PG solution?

What about the 50ml of juice, what is the PG/VG ratio of that?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well you will never know for sure until you completely remove the PG.

All you can do at this point is reduce the nic drastically and if that doesn't work you have to look into getting 100% VG juice and mix with 100% VG nic. I don't even know if that's available in the UK.

People who cannot tolerate PG can either not tolerate any at all or only tolerate a small %, like maybe 20% of less.

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
    Well you will never know for sure until you completely remove the PG.

All you can do at this point is reduce the nic drastically and if that doesn't work you have to look into getting 100% VG juice and mix with 100% VG nic. I don't even know if that's available in the UK.

People who cannot tolerate PG can either not tolerate any at all or only tolerate a small %, like maybe 20% of less.
    Hey, I think I said in my original post that I have tried pure vg and pure pg, I tried flavourless also. This is how I discovered it was the nicotine through a matter of elimination.
    I think the only thing left is to try and make 1.5mg or 1mg nic

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
    Ohm yeah, Maybe,. I don't remember reading it. In that case, your only option now is to reduce nic and hope that it's enough to satisfy your craving. Because other than that I have no clue what else you could do here.
    Yeah it’s quite annoying since I’m a smoker. And the doctors have been no help pointing me in a direction to find a cause or solution

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah it’s quite annoying since I’m a smoker. And the doctors have been no help pointing me in a direction to find a cause or solution

Well I highly doubt a doctor is going to help you here, but what do I know about UK medicine. I mean, if the only time you have this problem is when you vape, the best they can tell you is to not vape and quit smoking some other way.

Tell me: Have you ever used nicotine lozenges or gum? If so, how do those things affect you?

Last edited:

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
    Well I highly doubt a doctor is going to help you here, but what do I know about UK medicine. I mean, if the only time you have this problem is when you vape, the best they can tell you is to not vape and quite smoking some other way.

Tell me: Have you ever used nicotine lozenges or gum? If so, how do those things affect you?

well the main problem is that I still love smoking, so vaping was the perfect alternative for me. I dislike chewing gum also :/

At least I can vape without nicotine in the worst case. So I can get some sort of throat hit from pg maybe that will suffice eventually

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    well the main problem is that I still love smoking, so vaping was the perfect alternative for me. I dislike chewing gum also :/

At least I can vape without nicotine in the worst case. So I can get some sort of throat hit from pg maybe that will suffice eventually

Right. I'm not saying you should try gum/lozenges instead of vaping. I'm just wondering if the nic in those things also has the same affect on you as vaping. That could give you an idea if non-combusted nic is your problem. As far as I know, gum/lozenges use the same nic base we use for vaping.

Although, as I have told people before (for a different reason), if you find that the nic in gum/lozenges does not affect you like nic vaping does, then one thing you could do is use gum/lozenges to get a nic fix and use vaping for your hand-to-mouth addiction and throat hit addiction.

It unfortunate, but still better than smoking. In the USA, we have both gum and lozenges so if gum isn't for you, the lozenges might not bother you...as much.

• Useful

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Would nicotine patches have the same effect?

I don't know. Every time I have ever used nic patches I have always smoked. Although I believe i am addicted to nicotine, that is a small addiction for me. I am addicted to the act of smoking. I don't even really need the throat hit anymore. I'm down to 6mg freebase juice. Because of the problems we have with tyrants in t USA, I plan on reducing that again soon to make sure I don't run out of nic. We hardcore vapers in the USA have been forced into hoarding nicotine base.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread