Vaping questions, mouth problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob kiefer

Jan 11, 2019
Hello, I have been vaping for years, at 1.8 nic strength. I have some questions.

First of all I think I've made a problem by vaping on (all kangertech devices and coils), at .5 ohms, but I only vape at 20-24 watts. Is this wrong? Anything higher is way too hot, and I just don't enjoy it. I've bought a smok mag and other devices that wont fire under anything 50 watts and it was way too strong so I never use it.

Also, over the past 6 months I've developed some mouth sores I'm pretty sure it is
Tobacco Stomatitis
I know this is from vaping or smoking, the heat I guess is causing this. I've told my dr. about this he never really looked (I was in for something different than this), he replied try to vape point it downwards towards my tongue and I have been doing this for months, but to no avail with the mouth sores going away.

I can't quick vaping. I tried for a few days and I smoked more cigarettes than I ever did. It was actually hotter I noticed. I still smoke cigarettes when I drive, just a weird habit and at work on breaks. I vape all day at work when my boss isn't around.

I'm going to stick to just the unflavored e juice from now on. I'm also cutting the strength back. I also tried cutting it before with 0% percent e juice and to no avail my mouth sores are still there.

Sorry for the diatribe but I just have a few questions.

Does smoking at 22 watts and sometimes below with sub ohm coils, is this bad? I've been doing it for years now. The problem is I bought a ton and I find it hard to find coils now over 1 ohm. It seems all they sell not days is .5 coils. And I've tried nickel and and they just burn in a day, even with the settings they are supposed to be at, so I'm really at a loss as to what to do.

Also has anyone else experienced the tobacco stomatitis as I have?

Last edited:

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I know mtl is mouth to lung. I vape straight to the lungs. direct lung I believe?

Gotcha. I won't be of much help to you then.

I can empathize with you because I hate a hot, even warm vape. So I vape MTL on 1.8 ohm coils at 11w. Nice cool vape. Is building your own coils an option for you? Maybe experimenting with different builds at different wattage might find something more suitable to your mouth.

jacob kiefer

Jan 11, 2019
Gotcha. I won't be of much help to you then.

I can empathize with you because I hate a hot, even warm vape. So I vape MTL on 1.8 ohm coils at 11w. Nice cool vape. Is building your own coils an option for you? Maybe experimenting with different builds at different wattage might find something more suitable to your mouth.

What kind of device do you use? I will try a higher ohm coil. There are just so many devices out there I get overwhelmed and Kangertech has been ok for me. So I have just sort of stuck with it. I vape all day, and I mean all day. To be honest I do not know if starting vaping was the best idea. I'm no advocate for cigarettes believe me, but the amount of cigarettes I started smoking after quitting vaping for a few days had me very worried. I nearly tripled what I usually smoked. I was about 3/4 a pack a day kind of guy. I would have been smoking 2 packs a day if I quit vaping.

jacob kiefer

Jan 11, 2019
When was the last time you went to a dentist or periodontist?

A few months ago for a cleaning. They said nothing, I think I even forgot to bring it up. Again, I don't think it's serious from what I'm reading, but I damn sure don't want it to turn into some sort of cancer or what not. It doesn't hurt at all, but when I can feel it with my tongue every day, you start to get a little worried.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I actually want to help you (quit smoking) but we have had too many new people come here and blame all sort of health issues on vaping. We don't need this. Please focus on questions about vaping, devices, and e-liquids... then you will get good advice and lots of support. For health issues, go to a doctor/dentist or do your own research.

jacob kiefer

Jan 11, 2019
I actually want to help you (quit smoking) but we have had too many new people come here and blame all sort of health issues on vaping. We don't need this. Please focus on questions about vaping, devices, and e-liquids... then you will get good advice and lots of support. For health issues, go to a doctor/dentist or do your own research.

Well the issue is real, and ruling out vaping as a cure all is just not true. There are consequences. I've seen them first hand in trying to quit vaping. I'm not trying to start and argument.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
You may have already read this, or something like it. The wikipedia entry is pretty clear that this shouldn't lead directly to a premalignant condition. But, I'm not a doctor. Did you say the 'sores' were painless, like in the article?
Maybe instead of self-diagnosing, you should visit your doctor specifically to address this issue...have him determine what it is.
Stomatitis nicotina - Wikipedia

jacob kiefer

Jan 11, 2019
What tank are you using, a Kanger Subtank Mini?

I'm using a nebox for all day usage (been using this for years, at 18-22 watts), and while at home I use the kangertech spider that is rated for 200 watts, but I have a
Kanger CLTANK 4.0 Sub Ohm tank on it. I use this at 22 watts as well.

Sorry for the bold... whenever I cut and paste it comes out in bold.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You need to "cool it" (I looked the condition up) I mean many people push the watts too high for more vapor or just because they don't understand it's not necessary. Less watts, slow short draws, and a slight break between draws (also better for your coils) It's also very important to sip water while vaping (for several reasons)

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread