Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Why do I say this?

Well the last time I lit up any tobacco was on the 17th of October last year and while I was amazed at not suffering cravings/withdrawal symptoms, at the start I counted the days, then the weeks then the months, anxiously charting my progress to a full year but not daring to really think that far ahead.

vaping however has taken over seamlessly from smoking ( 50+ year Smokin' Man in the Mark Twain mode ) and has just become a part of my life...and a good part.

I've learned a lot from the Forum here and while I might have gone back to regulated mods and tanks for simplicity, along the way I have learned to build coils, work a dripper, work a squonker and DIY my own juice ( which I still do and do not see myself doing anything else in the future.)

The changeover has been so seamless that it's only just now when I looked at my watch that I realised that the 17th of this month and the nine month point had passed without me noticing it.

All I can say to anyone taking up vaping instead of smoking, or struggling through the early stages is - "Stick with it - it really can be brilliant...and it really really does work!"

Happy vaping all!

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The first week I vape I didn't realize until the end of the week that I was only smoking about 6 cigs a day, down from 40+. I kept on doing that for a while and decided one day to just not buy anymore cigarettes when my pack was empty. I did that and never even missed smoking. It's been over 6 years now and I absolutely haven't had a desire to smoke again.

Vaping works, but I'm afraid the hand to mouth habit continues on. I don't want to think about giving up vaping.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Yes Vaslovik - I tried one of those budget ego pen things about three years ago and it didn't work for me so I went back to smoking pdq.

And I certainly am of the same school as Dave - I failed on two quit smoking courses with NRT simply on reflection because I hadn't the hand to mouth thing - vaping gave me that and looking after my kit gave me the same interest that looking after my pipes did.

Well done all on the stopping smoking thing!

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
@Falconeer, congrats on your putting down the pipe! A little over three years here away from a 50 cigarette a day habit and yes, it really really does work, keep at it! :thumbs: Funny, but for me, when I am enjoying a dripper it reminds me of an old uncle in my youth who smoked a pipe, the rituals of scraping, tamping etc, always with a big old strike anywhere match. I enjoy the ritual of vaping with some nice NET juice. It for me is a relaxing and enjoyable simple pleasure.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Congrats, @Falconeer ! We are glad you're here!

way_to_go_classic_round_sticker-r672da640136849aea0317c8ec5c56aae_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

Reactions: Falconeer

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I have done VNeil - I'm 66 - I've 14 GS Airs and 100 coils for them, 4 Nautiluses, and 2 Tritons for which I'm stocking up on coils, 3 squonkers, 3 drippers, 7 iSticks, 4 K boxes and two mech mods plus batteries chargers, wire cotton and nic. Almost the first thing I found when I joined here was that even in Europe restrictions were coming - I calculate I have 10 years supplies, which at my age should see me out!

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Congrats falconeer :thumbs:

My achievement is a lot less than yours, 10 years smoking for me 50 years for you, but still...

Good man :banana:

I must admit, I used both cigs and devices together for a while and then I just lost the satisfaction I got from cigs. Seamless for me too.
1.6 years later. Happier, healthier, better in general but
My pockets are possibly lighter :(
And this addiction is not so much nicotine based,
rather an obsession, or shinyitis. Whatever it's called, I got it

Edit; Bad

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Love stories like this. "They" can call it "anecdotal" all they want. We know the truth. What amazed me was that I tried quitting many times. I was getting to the end of my desire to quit and was mentally tormented. I was willing to try anything as was my wife. 2 days using Blu's and Njoys and it was game set match. I knew they were the bottom of the barrel type of vape in 2013 so making it 2 days told me that it was game set match. Went to a local vape shop for protanks and spinners and I was in heaven. 3 years and 1 month later I'm stocked up on everything for a decade or more.

Desire to quit is an important part of the success but ecigs made it sooooo darn easy it was pretty much a modern day miracle.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Why do I say this?

Well the last time I lit up any tobacco was on the 17th of October last year and while I was amazed at not suffering cravings/withdrawal symptoms, at the start I counted the days, then the weeks then the months, anxiously charting my progress to a full year but not daring to really think that far ahead.

Vaping however has taken over seamlessly from smoking ( 50+ year Smokin' Man in the Mark Twain mode ) and has just become a part of my life...and a good part.

I've learned a lot from the Forum here and while I might have gone back to regulated mods and tanks for simplicity, along the way I have learned to build coils, work a dripper, work a squonker and DIY my own juice ( which I still do and do not see myself doing anything else in the future.)

The changeover has been so seamless that it's only just now when I looked at my watch that I realised that the 17th of this month and the nine month point had passed without me noticing it.

All I can say to anyone taking up vaping instead of smoking, or struggling through the early stages is - "Stick with it - it really can be brilliant...and it really really does work!"

Happy vaping all!
Hear hear!

It sure does!

Smoked for 35 years. Vaped 3 years. I thought i would NEVER be free of the nicotine demon until an early grave.

With DIYing my Juice i gradually weaned myself off nicotine. Tge 28th of July i will be nicotine free for 7 months.

Saippenu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2016
U.S. Northeast
Why do I say this?

Vaping however has taken over seamlessly from smoking ( 50+ year Smokin' Man in the Mark Twain mode ) and has just become a part of my life...and a good part.

Happy vaping all!
Why do I say this?

Happy vaping all!

Congrats ! :thumbs:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Congratulations, that is truly wonderful!!!! Been almost three years for me. Vaping does really work!!!!!
Thats because vaping is a COMPLETE replacement for smoking instead of a partial replacement such as Patches and gum.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Two_Bears wrote: Thats because vaping is a COMPLETE replacement for smoking instead of a partial replacement such as Patches and gum.

I enjoy vaping much more than I did smoking. My wife tried an eGo for a while and didn't care for it. I admire her ability to quit using Chantix. I needed a replacement, not a quit smoking product.

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread