vaping taste like ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krieger9

Feb 16, 2020
Hello, i got joyetech atopack penguin, ego aio+ ego aio pro, but after 6 days its taste not good, a 1 years ago i got smoktech vape pen plus, 25day good taste, then i change atomizer, why its smell like sh**? Its because nowadays they produce trash or the world has conspired against me? Btw when i change atomizer on penguin its smells bad too, I already fired him after 3 months, cant smoke trash nonhealthy but liquid smell OK

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Are you priming your coils when you change them? If the term is new to you, priming means dripping ejuice wherever you see wicking (usually white) in your coil. Then install the new coil, fill the tank and let it sit for 5 - 15 minutes. If you don't prime, you can burn the coil when you first hit fire because the ejuice hasn't soaked into the wick yet. Then the coil's toast and it tastes bad forever.

Some coils just last longer than others. 1 - 2 weeks isn't an unusual lifespan for coils, so the Penguin may only last that long. It also depends on how much you vape and which ejuice you use.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello, i got joyetech atopack penguin, ego aio+ ego aio pro, but after 6 days its taste not good, a 1 years ago i got smoktech vape pen plus, 25day good taste, then i change atomizer, why its smell like sh**? Its because nowadays they produce trash or the world has conspired against me? Btw when i change atomizer on penguin its smells bad too, I already fired him after 3 months, cant smoke trash nonhealthy but liquid smell OK
Welcome and glad you joined.
Pods can get pricey but worth the cost to wean you off smokes.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly (Vaping 101)
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
Introduction and guide to e-Cig mods
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/x...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
@BrotherBob has given you some good info (as usual) Take some time and do some reading. The advice about "priming" a coil is very important. Some other issues may be hitting your device too hard/too often (you need a better device for that) What is the VG/PG ratio of your juice (70/30, 50/50 ect)? Does it have a "burnt/scorched" taste? That's the wick (in the coils) frying.

Reactions: Baditude

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
My husband has a Joyetech penguin and a dolphin in his daily rotation and hasn’t had any issues except for the occasional bad coil which can happen with any brand. I will say that they both smelled AWFUL when they first came out of the package so after asking a member here who said the smell was nothing to be concerned about, I just let them air out for a couple of days before using and the smell went away. Good luck!

• Useful
Reactions: fiddleshe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread