Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
We've been having a discussion over at new-smoke about making a tea e-juice .. so tonite I tried it. Here are the results.

1. I took about 15-20ml (haven't measured it yet) of PG in a tiny saucepan, slowly heated it just to the point that it started vaporizing, then pulled off of the stove

2. Into the warm liquid, I please one Lipton Pyramid teabag (Bavarian Berry flavor, made of natural black tea to which was added real dried blackberry, blueberry and raspberry pieces) and let it steep in the liquid for about 15 minutes, swirling around a few times

3. I took my eye-dropper and pulled out a few drops of the liquid. I dripped 2-3 drops into an atty and

WOW!!!! Nice flavor (mostly the berries) and tons of vapor. No NIC, no VG, no nothing, just tea in PG

It may be by imagination, but I got a little buzz, kinda like you get from slugging down a big redbull ... guess it is an efficient caffeine delivery system LOL

Anyway, this stuff may just break me of my nic habit, how about that?
huh.gif

Anyone have a reason why I should NOT vape this concoction? I can't think of any.

Merry Christmas
Alan (call me BUZZ LIGHTYEAR) haha

Reactions: Cloudd

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Update .. it yielded 25ml of juice (and the teabag soaked up a little) .. so the original PG was more like 26-28ml ...

Good deal, 25ml of caffeine berry juice for practically nothing LOL

Let's see the FDA ban herbal tea hohoho

Now watch this become commercially available soon

Last edited:
Reactions: LeeLee26

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
I've done a similar using chamomile, there's also a thread about coffee diy steeping;
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/239733-coffee-flavor.html

Thanks for the link, I am making my first batch of coffee extract, Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle, thanks to you. Followed instructions 2 a T, except I used a 1/2 oz (25ml) vial, so if I understand correctly, I should have about 12ml of extract when it finishes filtering (tomorrow morning probably). Smells wonderful :)

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas
Kris Kringle

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Thanks for the link, I am making my first batch of coffee extract, Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle, thanks to you. Followed instructions 2 a T, except I used a 1/2 oz (25ml) vial, so if I understand correctly, I should have about 12ml of extract when it finishes filtering (tomorrow morning probably). Smells wonderful :)

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas
Kris Kringle

i used equal amounts of coffee grounds to PG/VG mixture to make my extract and it seems to work for me

My mind jumped to the possibility that, by introducing things like the berries and such, there might be a perishability issue with juice storage over time. Don't really know, but it's something to think about. I might try that with some green tea and blueberries, myself.

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
  • Deleted by burnsy

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
It does take a while! :p And of course, the longer you let it sit before filtering, the more flavor it extracts. I know someone who lets it sit 2 weeks or more before filtering...

OK, I have another container that is marked "do not open til New Year's Day" .. LOL

Reactions: LeeLee26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread