The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping through your nose

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by brittlebynature, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brittlebynature

brittlebynature Full Member

Feb 7, 2015
    TN
    So I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, and I definitely needed my vape when my surgery was over. To avoid getting dry socket, I'm of course not supposed to suck on anything. The nurse mentioned putting gauze in to avoid it sucking out the clot. But I'm paranoid about it happening anyway and am now vaping through my nose. :)

Anyone else ever done this? I will say I am pleasantly surprised at still how much enjoyment I can get from vaping through my nose for the time being. Though I'm a little more careful about not doing it in public. Lol.

2. mcol

mcol Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Missouri
    Wonder how many are reading this and trying it, LOL

3. brittlebynature

brittlebynature Full Member

Feb 7, 2015
    TN
    Haha. It's definitely interesting. My friends have gotten a kick out of watching me vape like this.

4. dbrandt01

dbrandt01 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    I've done it once as an Instagram challenge :facepalm: It was interesting, but I will never do it again. I will say one side of my nose was clogged, but after that it was wide open with breathing haha

5. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    When the urge hits we do what we must to fulfill our needs. I remember getting creative with analogs when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Get well and eat milkshakes with a spoon.

6. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2014
    Arizona, Ecuador
    I think I'll get a drip tip permanently affixed to my left nostril, how bad could that be?............:)

Just stick different atomizers to it throughout the day, I like rotation.

Prolly get a drool cup affixed too, for holding the battery-atomizer.....:unsure:

Vape on my friend.....:headbang:

7. Wissel Joe

Wissel Joe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Medina, Ohio
    I had all my wisdom teeth out and tried to smoke any way possible didnt work just kept bleeding and bleeding, i just had to tuff it out for 3 days.

8. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    Not me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Prolly cuz you already tried it once, Stacy.

10. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    Luckily I've never been in a situation to where I couldn't vape through my mouth. I really don't think that vaping through my nose would have crossed my mind in that situation though. Maybe I'm just not creative lol

11. Pokie825

Pokie825 Full Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Utah
    I've done this for a challenge on one of the groups I'm apart of. .6 nic .09 ohm mutation x and a comp cap

12. Joules_Verne

Joules_Verne Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2013
    SW France
    I was forced into this last November when I lost a 30+yr fight to save a molar.
    Cut the nic way down, not so much throat-hit as nose-hit, :shock:and it works OK, good enough for a short while and doesn't create any suction in the mouth.

13. Chris54

Chris54 Full Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Palm Springs, CA
    I had implant surgery Tuesday and I think vaping is irritating it. Dentist wanted me to stop vaping for a while but I didn't until Saturday when I stumbled on the idea about vaping through the nose. Its working for me and a God send after oral surgery if you are desperate like I am (42 year nicotine user). So laugh, but I'm so relieved. Thanks for posting this so I could find it on Google.

14. Paramaniac413

Paramaniac413 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2014
    South Central PA
    I had a tooth pulled a few years ago...ended up with dry socket right out of the gates - and I hadn't been smoking! I hadn't even thought of 'through the nose' at that time. Dentist packed it with 'Witches' Brew' (nasty fowl horrible bantha fodder tasting stuff!) so I said to heck with it and smoked. Just watch you don't end up like my niece after she smelled the M&M's...I'd never seen my Mom so panicked before trying to get the green M&M out of my niece's nose! I'd imagine a drip tip is a lyre harder to explain. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Kraetes

Kraetes Full Member

Haha, I honestly thought you meant exhaling through your nose. I wouldn't try sticking your drip tip into your nostril and inhaling from there. The vapor can get hot/warm and your nose definitely will not like it. Exhaling through the nose on the other hand is something I personally can't do well. I almost always get a runny nose after I exhale from it.

16. Chris54

Chris54 Full Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Palm Springs, CA
    Using the drip tip in the nostril is easily regulated via low voltage and brief duration so no problem at all with heat and my nose seems to actually love it. Again, if you are recovering from oral surgery, its a completely different game from normal vaping and you will do what you have to do. The alternative is to stop vaping for a while which I am not into like I was never into quitting smoking. I stopped smoking accidently with vaping. Normally of course I prefer mouth inhale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.