Vaping through your nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittlebynature

Feb 7, 2015
TN
So I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, and I definitely needed my vape when my surgery was over. To avoid getting dry socket, I'm of course not supposed to suck on anything. The nurse mentioned putting gauze in to avoid it sucking out the clot. But I'm paranoid about it happening anyway and am now vaping through my nose. :)

Anyone else ever done this? I will say I am pleasantly surprised at still how much enjoyment I can get from vaping through my nose for the time being. Though I'm a little more careful about not doing it in public. Lol.

Chris54

Jan 14, 2015
Palm Springs, CA
I had implant surgery Tuesday and I think vaping is irritating it. Dentist wanted me to stop vaping for a while but I didn't until Saturday when I stumbled on the idea about vaping through the nose. Its working for me and a God send after oral surgery if you are desperate like I am (42 year nicotine user). So laugh, but I'm so relieved. Thanks for posting this so I could find it on Google.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
I had a tooth pulled a few years ago...ended up with dry socket right out of the gates - and I hadn't been smoking! I hadn't even thought of 'through the nose' at that time. Dentist packed it with 'Witches' Brew' (nasty fowl horrible bantha fodder tasting stuff!) so I said to heck with it and smoked. Just watch you don't end up like my niece after she smelled the M&M's...I'd never seen my Mom so panicked before trying to get the green M&M out of my niece's nose! I'd imagine a drip tip is a lyre harder to explain. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I honestly thought you meant exhaling through your nose. I wouldn't try sticking your drip tip into your nostril and inhaling from there. The vapor can get hot/warm and your nose definitely will not like it. Exhaling through the nose on the other hand is something I personally can't do well. I almost always get a runny nose after I exhale from it.

Chris54

Jan 14, 2015
Palm Springs, CA
Using the drip tip in the nostril is easily regulated via low voltage and brief duration so no problem at all with heat and my nose seems to actually love it. Again, if you are recovering from oral surgery, its a completely different game from normal vaping and you will do what you have to do. The alternative is to stop vaping for a while which I am not into like I was never into quitting smoking. I stopped smoking accidently with vaping. Normally of course I prefer mouth inhale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread