Vaping Too Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I know I've read on here about people who are 24/7 chain vapers. I am one of those. However, for the life of me, I can't seem to get hydrated enough to still be able to taste my juices. I drink anywhere from 64 to 96 fl. oz. of water per day and sometimes more and even Pedialyte. I've switched down from 80/20 PG/VG to 50/50 and have been avoiding cinnamon.

Juices either have no flavor all together or start off great then go bland and I can't taste anything.

I guess my question is this. How can I keep my taste buds firing on all cylinders while vaping 24/7?

-vape-aholic

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Thank you for the reply. Actually I was never a heavy smoker really. I smoked a pack a day for 2 years before I took up vaping (May 2013). I went through the whole vaper's tongue thing after quitting smoking and have been trying to constantly stay hydrated and maintain my oral hygiene so I can taste juices. It has worked in the past but for the past month or so, no dice.

If I could stop vaping for a few days it might return. Either that or my tastebuds are just fubared completely and will never return. I can only blame it on dehydration right now since I always feel super dried out and can't seem to catch up.

I've switched between fruity, menthol, tobacco, bakery, etc. I don't know... maybe it's just me. I enjoy vaping for flavor and since I'm losing the flavor side of things.... :(

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I guess my question is this. How can I keep my taste buds firing on all cylinders while vaping 24/7?
-Vape-aholic

Do you have any sinus issues? People generally don't realize how important a good sense of smell is to taste. Have you ever done a nasal lavage? (Slideshow: Nasal Irrigation: Relief for Colds & Allergy Symptoms). If you've never done it before, done properly, you will be shocked at what will come out. If I've had a cold, I do this (I do a deep lavage where a lay on the bed with my head over the edge and fill my sinus completely and soak for 3 minutes). You need to get the lavage solution correctly balanced with salt to create the correct hypertonic solution. It will loosen and remove built up material and properly balance the hydration of the tissue. You may have to do it more than once.

Secondly, have you done a tongue scrape? You probably have a lot of dead tissue on your tongue. Go to the drug store and get a tongue scraper (Tongue cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and get rid of the dead tissue. Once thats done, brush the rest of your mouth well. Then, make the same salt solution you did for your sinus and hold that solution in your mouth for 3 minutes. Again, you're rebalancing your tissue hydration with a hypertonic solution. And again, you may have to do this more than once.

Thats the cheapest, easiest and best way to deal with what you're describing.

EDIT: Oral and nasal tissue renews regularly so over time, unless dealing with a medical condition, your sense of smell and taste should come back if you lay off a bit on what you're doing too much of. If it doesn't, see your doctor because something is definitely wrong.

Last edited:

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Thank you for the replies. I've found that my sinuses HAVE been more messed up than I thought. Been doing a sinus rinse and it seems to be helping. I've tried Biotene, pickles, jalepenos etc, but it seems to all be going back to having inflamed sinuses. I have noticed that some juices are worse than others on my sinuses. I'm gonna try and quit vaping for a day or so (or maybe just 100% VG) and see if I can reset things.

I was just wondering if other people had this same problem when they vape constantly like I do. I go through about 6-8ml per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread