Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
And wow.
Turns out I really like it. I'd like to look into this side of vaping further.

My first "taste" was just tonight. I tried some Mt Baker 12mg 50/50 that I bought for mixing.
Clean, clear, slightly sweet, slightly peppery. Lovely.
That was in a Vivi Nova.
I can't wait to see what it's like in my Reo Grand with RM2 on to and a micro coil.

I have no complaints, and the price is right for sure at $29 for 236ml.

A question for you unflavored pros..
Is there a vendor that is known as "best" for unflavored. Something I should know about from those vaping unflavored for a long time?

Like I said, I'm very happy with my MBV unflavored, but it's a brave new world for me, and I'm sure there is all kinds of wisdom here I am yet to even think about.

I'd like quantities over 200ml
I'd like reasonable shipping to Australia.
I'd like to know if the pros vape 50/50
I'd like to ensure I'm using a good vendor.

Any and all unflavored tips appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,
Josh,

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I think your biggest problem will be the 'shipping to Australia' part. I'd recommend both Wizard Labs and Nude Nicotine (both much cheaper than MBV) but neither ships out of the US.

One thing you might consider is buying slightly higher-strength nicotine (let's say 24mg in PG base), then diluting it 50/50 with plain VG when you get it (so you'd end up with 12mg 50/50 liquid). VG can be bought here in the US quite cheaply at a regular pharmacy. That should save you a bit on shipping.

Good luck. I wish I had some sources for you.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
And wow.

My first "taste" was just tonight. I tried some Mt Baker 12mg 50/50 that I bought for mixing.
That was in a Vivi Nova.
I can't wait to see what it's like in my Reo Grand with RM2 on to and a micro coil.

Is there a vendor that is known as "best" for unflavored. Something I should know about from those vaping unflavored for a long time?

Like I said, I'm very happy with my MBV unflavored, but it's a brave new world for me, and I'm sure there is all kinds of wisdom here I am yet to even think about.

Thanks in advance,
Josh,

Josh I don't have any answers for you but I, too, bought the $29 236 ml from MBV. My usual vape is 24 mg so I got it in 24. I know it is cheaper to buy huge bottles of PG at local stores (pharmacy for PG), VG online I think and then order "nicotine" but I am not quite ready for DIY (I do think I will go there eventually, coupla months maybe). I wasn't mentally ready for a gallon of PG or 3-4 liter amount. Or purchase of nicotine (requiring purchase of safety equip for handling). I will be ready, but not yet.

The purchase made sense to me since heck if I didn't like it, I can get some flavorings and begin like a "mini DIY", I can mix it with juices I find too strong etc. Several ppl on this forum had "sung the praises" of unflavored. Now I "get it."

I do NOT regret it! It is a good flavor! My 24nic unflavored is a little strong on the throat hit for me (50/50 as all my juices are). And I buy a number of MBV flavored liquid. I assume this means the flavorings must mute some of the nic "hit". Glad you posted that you have tried it also. Good luck to you!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Myfreedomsmokes ships internationally and they have great prices!

I've bought unflavored from nude nicotine and wizard labs. also from myfreedomsmokes. all were good
as mentioned above myfreedom does ship internationally. the lowest nic they sell is 24. if you contact them they might agree to send you the nic level and pg/vg ratio you want. you would have to buy the pg/vg from them and then they would mix it. they did this for me a long time ago, it's worth asking if you don't want to mix/dilute yourself.
I'm glad you like unflavored :) it's a great option!

oh, and I vape it at 6mg nic, 50/50 pg/vg :)

Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
Myfreedomsmokes ships internationally and they have great prices!
They sure do, but I think I looked at them last night and they don't make at 12 mg and 6mg, which are my day/night strengths, and with unflavored so cheap in volume, I'd rather not mix myself.
maybe I'm best sticking to MBV as I have no complaints really...
J.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
You will get more information about unflavored in the DIY liquids forum, I think. This thread will make a good read for you.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/298547-nicotine-comparisons.html

I learned a lot just reading that thread. I have vaped 100%vg out of necessity for a while and the vg does have a sweetness to it. It was rather pleasant. I have not vaped unflavored with nic at 50/50, but now that is something I will try. It would be so easy to take a small amount and put a hint of flavoring in it if you get bored with it.

I have read about a number of people here on ECF that do vape unflavored. Some just once in a while, some for longer periods.

And wow.

That was in a Vivi Nova.

Thanks in advance,
Josh,

Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
Yeah, after only about 24 hrs with the unflavored, I feel a drop or two of a flavor would be plenty if I felt like it.
Amazing how quickly this has turned me around.
When I think about this, then look at all the flavored juices I have at home, and the unflavored base I have in the freezer and on its way from MBV. I realise 2 things
1: I won't have to spend on juice for at least a year if a don't want to.
2. Using my flavored juices as 'additives' only, to my unflavored base ADV, the flavors I have would last me about 5 years!

Vaping was already cheap..
It just became almost free for me.
I have a Reo and make my own coils, and wick with cotton wool.

I'm ready for the vapepocolypse and wasn't even trying !
J.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
They sure do, but I think I looked at them last night and they don't make at 12 mg and 6mg, which are my day/night strengths, and with unflavored so cheap in volume, I'd rather not mix myself.
maybe I'm best sticking to MBV as I have no complaints really...
J.

josh, did you see what I posted earlier?
as mentioned above myfreedom does ship internationally. the lowest nic they sell is 24. if you contact them they might agree to send you the nic level and pg/vg ratio you want. you would have to buy the pg/vg from them and then they would mix it. they did this for me a long time ago, it's worth asking if you don't want to mix/dilute yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread