Vaping voltage and @Oms?:/?$&@?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2021
Hi guys , thanks for reading my thread and hopefully I learn more about vaping and oms, voltage and other stuff... quick question for you guys, I bught a kangertech Evod mega 1900mah , it came with double coil 1.5 oms ( is that the way you put it ? Oms” I can’t find that shaped U thingy anywhere on my keyboard phone )

Anyway it worked ok for a few hours and I’m getting dry hits here and there . I’m wondering why .

The other coil I had was also 1.5 but lasted me for good 3 weeks ! It had few dry hits after a week also here and there but I’m cheap and I dragged the air out or twisted coil a bit so air bubbles get out and it was still good and worked for few more hours so that’s why it lasted 3 weeks , this one is new and only few hrs so it shouldn’t .

I’m using 80% pg juice
I primed it nicely over night with few drops in (kanger 101 ) went thru that
Cleaned coil always
juice is pomango so bright light pink color a touch of sweetness in it . ( I heard they tend to clog coils but never had issues with other coils or atomizers.

but I’m thinking maybe voltage is to high for this coil. The other one worked extensively well and was very impressed how much steam is coming and I had to cough more often to get water steam out of my lungs lol very powerful setup .....very steamy and nice flavor with huge boost compared to my other e cig pens like Evod ll 2.2 ohm and 3.3 -3.5 volts which has also nice dense Vape and flavor , but not like the 1.5 oms one . This one is a beast ! Maybe too powerfull? That’s why I get dry hits faster?

I have a graph here and a picture :

The battery generates 3.7 voltage so the coil should be around 2.1-2.5 not 1.5 oms ?

but since it’s double coil maybe it’s different... hmmmmm

What you think ? Is the graph correct ?

thanks again for reading and any feedback will help , please forgive my mistakes if there is any , English is my second language and still learning. ;)

God Bless You all!!!!

Attachments

• 69CFECB2-8B16-460E-9B32-0FA927E04BF8.jpeg
    69CFECB2-8B16-460E-9B32-0FA927E04BF8.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 9BBF1AB8-09D8-4E5E-81E5-AA570A2AC3A4.jpeg
    9BBF1AB8-09D8-4E5E-81E5-AA570A2AC3A4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • D2CE4363-4C81-49A3-ABB9-623494400391.jpeg
    D2CE4363-4C81-49A3-ABB9-623494400391.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Przemix

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2021
I just red something interesting about that device here I will plagiarize a bit so u can see it as well “ The coils that come with the unit are rated at 1.5 Ohms and you can replace them with other coils too. We have seen 1.8 Ohms readily available and at times we have found a 0.8 Ohm replacement coil to bring the device into the realm of sub-ohming.“

wow from 1.8 to 0.8? That’s huge difference

What is sub-ohming?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    What is sub-ohming?

Welcome to ecf @Przemix :thumbs:.

Sub ohm is using any coil rated below 1 ohm. As for priming the coil, I would usually squirt juice down the center of the coil and the side holes before installing into the tank. I get really messy with it. Let it sit, then blow out any excess juice.

Here's a thread with a similar question that goes into more detail. Good luck, I hope you can work this out.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    I had coil 1.8 om at 3.2 volts and that setup didnt give me any dry hits at all

same as 2.2 om coil at 3.7 volts same no dry hits and a lot of steam still

the minute i change it to higher even 4.1 after few pufs right away dry hits, EVOD variable voltage pen

and also I think most e-cig pens non voltage regulated like GS EGO lll 3200 mah they dont have the chip that keeps the voltage regulated because they do give me dry hits if i put 1.8 or even2.2 oms at 2.5 oms they are very nice and no dry hits

its so hard to find the big battery these days with variable voltage. anyone know a place i can find one of these massive batteries? here is a picture:

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    e-Cigarette-Vapor-Battery-4500mah-Adjustable-Voltage-4500vp.htm
    they are 4500 mah WOW !!! and Variable Voltage but everywhere is not in stock
    Twist-Vapor-Battery-4500-4

• Red LED = 3.2v
    • Blue/Red LED = 3.7v
    • Blue LED = 4.2v
    Specifications:

• Connection threading: 510 series
    • Battery capacity: 4500mah
    • Charging voltage: 4.2V
    • Battery safety: 5 times locks function
    • Charging time: 10 hours
    • Adjustable Voltage: 3.2V, 3.7V, 4.2V (Press the battery button 5 times to change)
    • Battery life: Above 500 times recycling use
    • Product weight: 260g
    I wish I could get my hands on one of these

:/

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    Welcome to ecf @Przemix :thumbs:.

Sub ohm is using any coil rated below 1 ohm. As for priming the coil, I would usually squirt juice down the center of the coil and the side holes before installing into the tank. I get really messy with it. Let it sit, then blow out any excess juice.

Here's a thread with a similar question that goes into more detail. Good luck, I hope you can work this out.
    nice thread, thanks for it , looks like the guy is having same issue like me , a lot of knowledge there, i will read it again probably 3 times, thanks a lot

Reactions: smacuser

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Przemix - I've used Evod Mega Kit set-ups for probably 4-5 years now. I liked them so well from the beginning, that I've got several more in my "vape stash" for use later.

I've never had a problem with dry hits when using the authentic KangerTech Dual Coils that come in the white box of 5. I've used the 1.8ohm, 1.5ohm, and the 1.0ohm coils. I also have 2 bricks (10 packs of 5 coils in each brick) of the 1.2ohm coils, but haven't tried them yet. Several people I've gotten started with vaping have also used the Evod Mega set-up and the 1.5ohm and 1.8ohm coils...with no dry hit complaints either.

Maybe you're using the wrong coils or clone coils, or...you aren't priming the coils well enough? It could also be that you may not be giving the coil enough time to absorb more eliquid between puffs...resulting in the dry hits. Are you repeatedly hitting it with little to no time between puffs?

Last edited:

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    I’m using authentic kanger I think , here is pic

You are correct it might be dry hitting because I do take hits repeatedly with little time between. I will take longer pouses next time and see if it helps .

What’s the difference in vape as of smoke wise and flavor if I change it to 1.8 ohm or 1.0 ohm?

Attachments

• 870F52B7-CBA4-496E-8E58-87FA51578E31.jpeg
      870F52B7-CBA4-496E-8E58-87FA51578E31.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 11

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    @Przemix - I've used Evod Mega Kit set-ups for probably 4-5 years now. I liked them so well from the beginning, that I've got several more in my "vape stash" for use later.

I've never had a problem with dry hits when using the authentic KangerTech Dual Coils that come in the white box of 5. I've used the 1.8ohm, 1.5ohm, and the 1.0ohm coils. I also have 2 bricks (10 packs of 5 coils in each brick) of the 1.2ohm coils, but haven't tried them yet. Several people I've gotten started with vaping have also used the Evod Mega set-up and the 1.5ohm and 1.8ohm coils...with no dry hit complaints either.

Maybe you're using the wrong coils or clone coils, or...you aren't priming the coils well enough? It could also be that you may not be giving the coil enough time to absorb more eliquid between puffs...resulting in the dry hits. Are you repeatedly hitting it with little to no time between puffs?
    thanks

I’m using authentic kanger I think , here is pic

You are correct it might be dry hitting because I do take hits repeatedly with little time between. I will take longer pouses next time and see if it helps .

What’s the difference in vape as of smoke wise and flavor if I change it to 1.8 ohm or 1.0 ohm?

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

Your pic of the box appears to be the authentic KangerTech coils. So, the problem IS likely too frequently puffing with little to no time between them.

As far as the differences between using the 1.5ohm coil...and a 1.8ohm or 1.0ohm: With the 1.8ohm you'll likely get a slightly cooler vape than the 1.5ohm gives you. With a 1.0ohm coil a warmer vape will result, than with the 1.5ohm. Your battery should last longer (before needing to be charged) with the 1.8ohm coil, but less time with a 1.0ohm coil than when using the 1.5ohm.

As far as flavor...I get the same good flavor with any of the 3 I've used. Vapor-wise, the 1.0ohm provides the most vapor of the 1.0ohm, 1.5ohm, and 1.8ohm, IMO. I'd imagine the 0.8 would provide even more. Personally though, I like less vapor, since I'm not interested in cloud size at all.

Last edited:

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    Your pic of the box appears to be the authentic KangerTech coils. So, the problem IS likely too frequently puffing with little to no time between them.

As far as the differences between using the 1.5ohm coil...and a 1.8ohm or 1.0ohm: With the 1.8ohm you'll likely get a slightly cooler vape than the 1.5ohm gives you. With a 1.0ohm coil a warmer vape will result, than with the 1.5ohm. Your battery should last longer with the 1.8ohm coil, but less time with a 1.0ohm coil than when using the 1.5ohm.

As far as flavor...I get the same good flavor with any of the 3 I've used. Vapor-wise, the 1.0ohm provides the most vapor, IMO. Personally though, I like less vapor, since I'm not interested in cloud size at all.
    thanks I appreciate that, great to know, what an amazing forum .

Reactions: JCinFLA

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021

As far as the differences between using the 1.5ohm coil...and a 1.8ohm or 1.0ohm: With the 1.8ohm you'll likely get a slightly cooler vape than the 1.5ohm gives you. With a 1.0ohm coil a warmer vape will result, than with the 1.5ohm. Your battery should last longer (before needing to be charged) with the 1.8ohm coil, but less time with a 1.0ohm coil than when using the 1.5ohm.

As far as flavor...I get the same good flavor with any of the 3 I've used. Vapor-wise, the 1.0ohm provides the most vapor, IMO. Personally though, I like less vapor, since I'm not interested in cloud size at all.
    do you fill your juice all the way up or only half a tank?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Generally speaking, the lower the ohms the warmer the vapor. The warmer the vapor the more pronounced the flavor can be.

Although, on a small coil like that, given that you seem to be using the old style that uses silica wick instead of cotton wick, it's doubtful you will notice any better flavor from 1.8 to 1.0 ohms, but you might. If you want better flavor, use the Kangertech VOCC-T coils instead. Same coil head but with organic cotton wicks (but single, vertical coil, I believe).

L9SfEfg.jpg

The ones you are using in the white box are the older style with silica wicking material.
    lQILCft.jpg

As far as the recommended voltages for certain coil ohms, they mean very little. There are other factors that come into play in determining how much voltage you can apply to a given coil without dry hits or burnt taste. Some of those factors include...
    • Thickness of juice (more VG = thicker juice)
    • Sweeteners in juice
    • Darkness of juice
    • How often vape
    And forget those charts. Set the voltage to where it will allow you to vape without dry hits or burning. Start low, then increase. Trial and error.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread