Vaping with canker sore/ mouth ulcer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecarlols

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Boynton Beach
I've been cigarette free going on 6 weeks, the issue I'm having is that I got a canker sore about 5 days ago and it's hurts!!! I've increased my water intake since vaping and use biotene mouthwash and tooth paste but damn it's driving me nuts!! I also use ambesol numbing gel but since I chain vape I always drink water and it washes the gel away rather quickly. Wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue, and with vaping making it worse? I've come too far to go back to the stink sticks to turn back now, just looking for someone who has had similar issues, thanks

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
I get those on occasion and based on where I get them it has led me to believe that based on the way I wrap my lips on my drip tip, sometimes my bottom lip is pinched between my teeth and the drip tip (If that makes sense) Try puckering your lips instead of taking it like you would a cigarette. I know its a weird feeling, because if you would have done that with a cigarette the .... would've gotten soaked. But just try like that until it goes away. As PG and VG both have antibiotic bodies, I doubt the vapor is causing it.

However if you notice that it keeps happening, try switching to an all VG juice. As (like myself) when someone starts vaping a PG allergy sometimes takes a while to kick in, and you might have an allergy to PG. But I would test that as a last effort kind of thing. :D I know they hurt my friend, rinse your mouth with saltwater and it should go away in a few days

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I have read posts before about new to vaping people having this issue. Many found relief in changing drip tip materials or discovering pg sensitivities that can occur at anytime btw. I have never had a cold sore (knock on my head) but my mother suffered from them. That is until she found Tincture of Benzoin. This solution has the most pungent aroma I have ever smelled. She would actually feel them coming on and would apply this and 9 out of 10 times, the sore never appeared. Also after a sore it can shorten the severity and time for the drying up process. I suggested this to my neighbor and it was also the answer for her. Fever blisters may also be caused from herpes simplex virus in which many alternative health guru's suggest adding 1000 mg of Lysine a day to stop fever blisters.

Hope this helped somewhat and I wish you well. Let us know what you do to help rectify this situation because it could also help many others. I am sorry you are having this problem. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread