Vaping with LiFePO4 (primarily mechs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
There are other big cells available which could work well, see the VariCore 32700 LiFePO4 6500mAh. Plenty of sales with somewhat different ratings for this cell in AliExpress, but as far as I understand all of them may come from the same factory.
NKON has some interesting LiFePO4 batteries for sale in 26650 and 18650 format. The high power units from Heter are currently out of stock, but look at this: LithiumWerks ANR26650-M1B (LithiumWerks website, former A123 systems).

lithiumwerks.jpg

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I've been using the LW 18650s for two weeks now and they are performing nicely. I also just picked up a Miboxer C4 charger (with LiFePO4 setting) that shows the milli-amp hours of a charge --- this allowed me to do some informal capacity tests: I used my zanflare charger to discharge to 2.8v(-ish), and then the Miboxer to charge. I've done this with three of my Lithium Werks cells and got: 1261, 1264, and 1258 mah on recharge (pretty consistent).

Under more normal usage, I pulled a cell after vaping it most of the day and put on the charger and it read 3.21v and clocked in 1051mah when full.

On another note, while protected mods like my uwell Blocks or Asmodus Luna have low voltage cutoffs in the 3.2/3.3v neighborhood making LiFePO4 cells useless, my Atto and Cthulhu mods allowed full cell use. I ran these two mods down to cutoff and checked the cells: Atto -> 2.39v, Cthulhu -> 2.28v --- both rather below what I've seen reported elsewhere, but still above the minimum 2.0 voltage of the LW specs (of course, the vape is falling like a stone before this, so it's likely you'd pull your cells well before reaching this cutoff in normal operation). Keep in mind, there are various versions of the chips for these mods, with some variability, so while mine allow useful usage of LiFePO4 cells, your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread