Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I could try, i just think it’s odd that it doesn’t happen on a juul but it does with another pod system.
Could be the juice. Different pg/VG ratio. Also iirc juul has a patent on their particular kind of nic salts which means the other stuff is by definition something else. I personally don’t vape salts. There hasn’t been any research on them and no one wants to be clear about the actual ingredients which I take to be a bad sign. That’s me though.

J johnson

Jun 15, 2018
Could be the juice. Different pg/VG ratio. Also iirc juul has a patent on their particular kind of nic salts which means the other stuff is by definition something else. I personally don’t vape salts. There hasn’t been any research on them and no one wants to be clear about the actual ingredients which I take to be a bad sign. That’s me though.

would you recommend more vg or pg?

Reactions: stols001

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Could be the PG%, or could just be too much nicotine for that device. I will say that Naked Salt juices tend to be harsher on my throat than Mr Salt E and some of the other brands of nic salts I've tried. Really good flavors but tough on the throat. They may use less benzoic acid. Mr Salt E on the other hand has practically no throat hit and is easy to vape too much of.

• Agree

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina

That's how all big businesses treat their intellectual property. Guaranteed a fortune is spent developing the best tasting and most addictive juice by the major brands (Juul, Blu, etc)

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's how all big businesses treat their intellectual property. Guaranteed a fortune is spent developing the best tasting and most addictive juice by the major brands (Juul, Blu, etc)
I personally wouldn’t use the term major. “Gas station brands” maybe. More a factor of marketing style than “major ness”. Calling a juice recipie intellectual property is a bit of a stretch imho. The fda tests everything the same.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Phillip Morris, Altria, etc are investing a ton into developing pods and juices to take the place of cigarettes. Remember how many substances are in a cigarette? It's going to be the same way with big brands like Juul and Blu. Proprietary formula with a bunch of substances that make it taste better, vape better and be generally more addictive. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. They will develop the best product that they can.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Phillip Morris, Altria, etc are investing a ton into developing pods and juices to take the place of cigarettes. Remember how many substances are in a cigarette? It's going to be the same way with big brands like Juul and Blu. Proprietary formula with a bunch of substances that make it taste better, vape better and be generally more addictive. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. They will develop the best product that they can.
Im perfectly willing to say theres something wrong with that. Addiction removes the power to choose. ecigarettes are significantly less addictive than cigarettes. they naturally lend themselves to downward titration. Attempting to remove that is pure evil.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Something is happening the problem is what. Because the juul is proprietary it's not going to tell you what ratio it uses (or flavors or additives.)

I would GUESS if you reduced anything you could start by lowering VG. Some vapers find a high VG ratio makes them phlegmy or have a heavy feeling in the chest.

Also, could be the new device giving more vapor and overwhelming you a bit.

But, it could also be flavors.

I'd try (if you can) getting small bottles of PG and VG and experimenting the mix to find the correct ratio. That rules out flavors. ONCE you've found a mix that works, you can then add nic and finally flavoring. DIY would give you more control over flavorings, honestly, but you could at least buy a few different flavors/vendors in the correct ratio (if you find it).

If the problem persists, see a doc. Etc.

Anna

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Hey so i switched from a juul to a smok rolo badge, and i’m using naked salts hawaiin POG 50mg juice. whenever i exhale, the juice gets caught in my phlegm and tastes nasty and burns. Any suggestions?
That is why phlegm exists. To trap foreign substances and remove them from the body. You can switch back to the Juul, you an get more sophisticated gear, you can elect not to vape, etc. These kids of questions just invite endless circular discussions, and lead nowhere. No one is going to be able to diagnose you remotely, here. If you find it problematic, then stop doing what you are doing! And do something different. ???

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread