vapor flask vs ipv3 thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm strongly considering the ipv3 and just wondered how it compared to the vapor flask dna40 other than the difference in wattage more like issues in the long run . I have an Atlantis tank and just wanted some thoughts or opinions on either for or against I'm kind of new to vaping and want to take a leap to a better mod than the cloupor mini 30w

Last edited:

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
The vapor flask seems like a good device but you're not really going to take advantage of the temperature control unless you're rebuilding.

If the IPV3 is overkill in the size/power department, consider a Sigelei 100w plus box or the ipv 2x. On the smaller end, the sigelei 50w v2 or ipv mini v2.

All of those would be good high-quality devices to fire an atlantis.

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
I'm strongly considering the ipv3 and just wondered how it compared to the vapor flask dna40 other than the difference in wattage more like issues in the long run . I have an Atlantis tank and just wanted some thoughts or opinions on either for or against I'm kind of new to vaping and want to take a leap to a better mod than the cloupor mini 30w

This is not pointed to you, it`s a genral rant.
I think it`s sad, that the comunity is going in a direction where a 30 watt device isn`t good enough for a new vaper. It`s as it is no longer for the sake of stop smoking anymore. It`s about wattage, clouds and nice expencive mods. Ok, rant over.

What I keep reading, is that the genuine Vapor Flask is a poorly built device, and that the clone is much cleaner and better built inside. Anyone where who has seen both inside?

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Actually, temp control will really shine in pre-built coils with their relatively tiny amount of wicking material, and it'll be especially useful in the mass market non-sub ohm clearos where lack of cooling airflow is a real problem.

They'll get better life, they'll be more resistant to hesitant or weak draws causing too high temps, they'll be more forgiving of user error in general, and it'll be more ammunition in the fight against over-regulation. It's just a matter now of simplifying the temp control interface to idiot proof it.

As for price, Ni200 is as cheap in bulk as Kanthal, and for that matter, quite a few pre-built coils, including the Atlantis, already use mostly nickel in their R-NR coils.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
A word of warning dealing with the IPV3, in my experience it tends to do poorly in terms of controlling actual wattage to the coil, vs. what you have set. This resulted in some nasty dry hits, and ruined coils. Pushing more than 30w (on any device) into an Atlantis has always resulted in dry hits for me. (I use 75vg/25pg DIY juice.)

There really is no need to spend $300 on the Vapor Flask unless you plan to start wrapping your own coils with Ni200. There are cheaper devices out there that are capable of 50-80w, especially for someone like yourself that is just getting started.

What I keep reading, is that the genuine Vapor Flask is a poorly built device, and that the clone is much cleaner and better built inside. Anyone where who has seen both inside?

I own a V2.1 authentic and the build quality is outstanding!

Yeah I've noticed a lot of people are having issues with the ipv3 so im leaning towards the sigelei 100 or the flask just because my cloupor mini is starting to crap out Im not quite sure what's wrong with it but it is starting to drop in voltage even on a full charge so I'm not sure if its the battery or the mod itself but I've been really impressed with the Sig 100 with what it can do opposed to the cloupor mini

The ipv3 has higher wattage limits.
The flask is 40 watts, features the DNA40 board,
has the temperature limiting feature, made out of
way better material than the ipv3 (flask is a solid block of 6061 aluminum)
has an awesome feel in the hand (best i felt so far), the famous DNA board
by evolve, spring loaded 510, and the best of all: the best customer service to DATE.

I have had an IPV3, and sold it within a week.
I had the flask now for a good two months and havent touched any other mod.
of couse the price comes into factor, and a ton of people whine about the
300$ price tag, but the way i figure it: quality/craftsmanship/customer service/US made > wattage/chinese products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread