Vapor residue on car windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubiwan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Seattle
I put 5000 miles on my 'new*' car in the last 10 days and it seems I put a thick layer of oily residue on the inside of my windshield!

I was kind of surprised to see this - am I correct to blame MOST of the residue on my vaping? Or, is it just the way the new VW's off-gas? I use my sunroof until it's 72 degrees then I use my AC.

Anybody?

* Traded in my 2004 Mini for a 2012 Golf diesel almost 2 months ago... It will hit 15K miles sometime today.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the input folks.

Actually, it's better than smoke 'cause I didn't even know it was there until I tried cleaning the windows. Now, I have streaks on all my windows.

Yeah, it will take two cleanings instead of just a standard wipe down to get the pg/vg mixture off of the windows.
It is still tons load better than the yellow tar.

You might try using White Vinegar. Works Great for cutting Grim.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Before I started vaping, I never smoked in my car (as least since 1981, when I met my wife.) I would get that film on my cars when they were new. A lot of it is what zoiDman said. My "new" car is now 15 months old & I vape in it often & I don't get a film on my windows at all. but, every time I visit my sister in NC, I get a slimy mess on the outside of my windshield. It's translucent & takes a razor blade & a half gallon of window cleaner to get off! Now that's strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread