Vapor residue inside my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eranda13

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Bethlehem, PA
I've found that I get inside windshield residue but only when it gets really cold outside. In more moderate temps it doesn't seem to happen nearly as much. I suspect that the moisture in the exhale is basically condensing on the cold windshield.

I drive 74 miles each way to work so I vape a lot in the car. Keeping the window cracked more in this cold weather helps a lot.

Regardless I've found that Invisible Glass cleans it up quite easily and nicely. I keep a bottle in my car now.

Byebyeanalogs73

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2013
OKC
I'm a window cleaner. My brother is as well. He cleans many of the vape bars in town. They have to be cleaned twice a week and could probably use a daily clean. The inside of my car is ridiculous. Just get a small squeegee. Use a little dawn and h20. And it'll take the residue off. Or, if you like breathing chemicals, buy the foaming spray.

momtomater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Iowa
I haven't noticed a buildup but the only thing I've found that leaves my windows perfect without streaks are those norwex cloths. You just get them wet and scrub away, then take the dry polishing cloth and wipe it off. I sound like a salesperson but I'm not, just found a product that works and works well!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow this is something I would never notice. I NEVER clean my window. There tinted to legal limit so I cant tell the difference anyway but the front windshield on the other hand does require cleaning I just never do it. I can barely manage to see out of it in mild sun glare or in dawn or dusk, or when cold outside. What can I say, Im a rebel, I dont follow anyones rules, even my own. Think I might clean it now though just to investigate this hole situmawaytion

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I've read about this over the years on the other threads but never really had a problem with it till now. I switched to 50/50 PG/VG from 70/30 PG/VG (a few months ago) and I've noticed this a lot this winter. I figure it has to do with the VG. I can only imagine what 100% VG juice would do. I bought a pack of windex wipes to keep in the car and wipe the windshield whenever I notice it.. once a week or so.

I haven't noticed it on my own windows yet, but I'm a bit .... and clean mine often (I might as well DIY my own windex and wiper fluid). I do think it prob has a lot to do with your VG percentage though for obvious reasons. As another member said, I blow my vapor almost anywhere but on my windshield, so you may wanna try that if you haven't already. I often have my fan blowing on it too in winter just so it doesn't fog up so that could possibly help too. Just another reason to long for summer!

Sent from the hand not holding my PV using Tapatalk

Trickydick666

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Ventilation bro. Plus getting super cloudy could not only be dangerous, you're attracting unwanted attention from police and other citizens without a cracked window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, and even if your not doing anything illegal it's still always a pain having to stop and chat with officer friendly lol

a bad day at the track is better than a day of not running at all

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I heard a guy say his friend actually quit vaping because of the buildup on his windshield from vaping. Lame excuse to quit imo but he seemed to thing that if it did that to his windshield then it must be doing that to his lungs. Again Lame imo. Just a convenient excuse. But it got me to thinking if it could accumulate on the windshield. I've had to clean my windshield a few times just in the last few weeks and I'm guessing that, yes, this is from vaping in my car. Eh, whatever, just keep cleaning and vaping! The only thing that concerns me is the glare from on coming headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread