Vapor4Life's bad batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindygburke

Sep 6, 2012
Chicago
Ive been using V4L for over a year and just in the last year, i have 7 batteries that no longer work, 1 started smoking in the charger. They won't exchange them, I cant fix them, V4L wont even dispose of them for me (Very Green of you..NOT). The V4L employee told my friend that im using them too much. He said they're for "Curbing" your smoking. If I want to smoke these 100% of the time, why should they care??? They only stand behind their batteries for 90 days. Right there, that tells you there is a problem. innovativesmoking.com stands behind there's for 2 YEARS. wth. I bought my mom a starter kit, i've spent a ton of money there and this is how a valued customer is treated. I'm the only student at a Chicago college who uses an elect cig. at least 2 people a day come up to me and ask me where i got it and i PROMOTE V4L every time. Well, i'm done i think. I'm going to tell EVERYONE who asks NOT to use V4L. How sad. Not to mention they rip you off on S&H on EVERY order. It just goes to show you, even if you have a good product, without good customer service, its not going to succeed.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
First, this isn't the place for reviews of vendors. I know, you want to get the word out, but there's rules.

Secondly, my criticism: If you had so many batteries dying from them and had such horrid CS, why did you keep going back? There's a lot of other options out there for you to pick from (you even mention one you would have preferred...).

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Also, the small cig-a-like batteries that V4L sells only have about a 3 month rated lifespan... If there's another company out there warrantying them for 2 years, they are losing their shirt. That's not V4L's fault, that's just the current state of battery technology. The biggest downfall of those cig-a-likes is the short battery life, and short battery lifespan.

*Yes it's true that some last longer, some last alot less. I just said that's their RATED lifespan*

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
Are there vendors that accept batteries for recycle? That would be awesome.

@ShogaNinja: Do you feel Vapor4Life is being irresponsible if the batteries that died were, in fact, out of warranty? I'm not appreciating their line that these are just "to curb your smoking" but if they're clear on the warranty, then they haven't really cheated anyone.

What I'd like to see in general across more vendors is a clear explanation of the risks these batteries pose especially when used beyond their rated lifespan. That goes beyond just V4L. I never would've thought flaming batteries were that common until I read it here.

Bamboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Northern California
I called V4L mainly because it seemed odd that they would say something like that. When I asked what the average lifespan was on the batteries they told me three to six months depending on the usage. Which I think is reasonable. If I was using my Kgo as a main source of vaping I would expect to change batteries at least every three months actually two the way I vape. I do hope you get things worked out. Take care.:vapor:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Are there vendors that accept batteries for recycle? That would be awesome.

@ShogaNinja: Do you feel Vapor4Life is being irresponsible if the batteries that died were, in fact, out of warranty? I'm not appreciating their line that these are just "to curb your smoking" but if they're clear on the warranty, then they haven't really cheated anyone.

What I'd like to see in general across more vendors is a clear explanation of the risks these batteries pose especially when used beyond their rated lifespan. That goes beyond just V4L. I never would've thought flaming batteries were that common until I read it here.

It is the responsibility of the vendor to stock suitable and useful items in there stores. When those turn out to be bad items, it hurts the business' reputation to remain unaccountable. They should be doing everything in their power to calm this person down to prevent them from blasting their reputation. If it'd happened just once I get what you're saying but by number 7 now this is getting a little ridiculous.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Well, without more info this just seems like an ad for the site referenced, which is a ridiculously overpriced mall kit. Battery burning in a charger and you go back? Ehhhhh....who would do that? Really?

I don't know bout the US, but there's recycle centres and several battery shops that take batteries in for recycling, no charge.

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
So, knowing V4L have 90 day warranty and their products have high failure rates, for you to keep going back to them in the past to purchase more and recommend them to your friend is just bad judgement on your part. With that said, most venders in the US only offers 30 day warranty on batteries should somewhat indicate their confidence toward these made in China products. Save yourself from grief and frustration and move on by investing in a better build APV unit for your next setup. Though larger in size, it's more dependable and the option to replace the battery will save you $$$ down the road. Just my :2c:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Well, without more info this just seems like an ad for the site referenced, which is a ridiculously overpriced mall kit. Battery burning in a charger and you go back? Ehhhhh....who would do that? Really?

I don't know bout the US, but there's recycle centres and several battery shops that take batteries in for recycling, no charge.

They drop in, make one single post, and disappear without checking for feedback... I'm starting to agree with your assessment. I've seen spam from bots that looks like this post for that matter... Blast an otherwise highly regarded vendor(they are highly regarded for beginner setups) and then name drop your own company... Also I know for a FACT their customer service isn't like that, unless ALOT has changed...

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
Ive been using V4L for over a year and just in the last year, i have 7 batteries that no longer work, 1 started smoking in the charger. They won't exchange them, I cant fix them, V4L wont even dispose of them for me (Very Green of you..NOT). The V4L employee told my friend that im using them too much. He said they're for "Curbing" your smoking. If I want to smoke these 100% of the time, why should they care??? They only stand behind their batteries for 90 days. Right there, that tells you there is a problem. innovativesmoking.com stands behind there's for 2 YEARS. wth. I bought my mom a starter kit, i've spent a ton of money there and this is how a valued customer is treated. I'm the only student at a Chicago college who uses an elect cig. at least 2 people a day come up to me and ask me where i got it and i PROMOTE V4L every time. Well, i'm done i think. I'm going to tell EVERYONE who asks NOT to use V4L. How sad. Not to mention they rip you off on S&H on EVERY order. It just goes to show you, even if you have a good product, without good customer service, its not going to succeed.

1st and ONLY post?...personally I doubt the validity of your post..sounds more like vendor bashing to me.I doubt anyone will give you any longer warranty on batteries.
Bucky

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
1st and ONLY post?...personally I doubt the validity of your post..sounds more like vendor bashing to me.I doubt anyone will give you any longer warranty on batteries.
Bucky

Also, check out the innovativesmoking website... Notice the city they are out of? Notice OP's location? Interesting to me...

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
Also, check out the innovativesmoking website... Notice the city they are out of? Notice OP's location? Interesting to me...

LOL..Price: $224.95
for a kit with $9.00 batteries,Id warrant it for 2 years as well...this sounds like a kid that has a part time job and no marketing skills...I doubt this thread will be open long...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread