Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

vaporesso Barr, the name speaks for itself, it looks like a bar. A new pod kit by vaporesso which was sent to me for the purpose of this review.

Some specs:

Dimensions - 110mm by 13mm by 13mm
Integrated 350mAh Rechargeable Battery
Max. Wattage Output: 13W
Resistance: 1.2ohm
Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
Draw-Activated Firing Mechanism
LED Indicator Light
1.2mL Refillable Pod
Side Fill System - Silicone Stoppered
Integrated 1.2ohm Mesh Coil
4-Setting Adjustable Airflow - Rotate Pod and Insert
Slide-In Pod Connection
Low Resistance Protection
Short-Circuit Protection
Low Battery Protection
Over Charge Protection
Overtime Protection
Type-C USB Port
Available in Green, Red, Blue, Pink, Black, Silver

In the box:

1 x vaporesso BARR
2 x 1.2ohm Vaporesso BARR Pod
1 x Type-C USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Reminder Card

Review:

This Barr is really light weight (only 21g), but not necessarily small. In length you can compare it with other pods like the Vaporesso XROS or the Smok Nfix, it is just a bit thinner. Below you can see the pod next to an 18650 battery.

Its a nice square shape with rounded edges for a nice hold. Received two colors as you see on the pictures, really like the grey one. Paint feels properly down and not fingerprints are visible on the device.

You don’t need to be a scientist to be able to use the Barr, there is no buttons, all it has is a draw activated system, which works really well.

There is one tiny LED light displayed through a tiny sleeve, unfortunately it does not indicate your battery level, it is white the whole time.

350mAh, most people might think its small, and it is, but it actually holds up well. Not a full day, but with the USB-C on the bottom of the device you are charged back up in about 45 minutes.

Very interesting shaped pod, like a piece of modern art. Because of its shape you kind of must hold the device at its corners to have the mouthpiece horizontally, but its actually comfortable for me. Some people might have to get used to it for some time as most of us hold a pod between our fingers on its flat surface.

The pod clicks into place well, which is good considering there is no magnetic connection. Rubber plug on the side of the pod is easily openable and had no issues filling with its large fill hole, you have to however really fill slowly cause air bubbles will form if not. The 1.2ml capacity is a bit too little, but the pod is quite economical with juice. Wished it was at least 2ml. It is transparent enough to see the liquid level.

Vaporesso lately is really into disposable pods, Barr, XROS and XTRA all are pod devices with disposable pods, which to me is not ideal. Would like to see a pod device with replaceable coils next ;)

Airflow system at a glance looks very interesting. Each side of the pod has a difference sized carved in sleeve. On its side also a symbol shows what airflow it is by displaying 1, 2, 3 or 4 stripes. The difference however between the tightest and loosest airflow is extremely minimal, almost not noticeable. I think it is because there is much airflow coming in from the top of the device rather than through the airflow openings. Maybe a tiny seal on the pod on inside the device or a tighter pod would have improved that. Kind of a pity as the idea behind it is good. Overall its a medium tight draw which I enjoy. There is a slight difference in the draw activation between the tightest and loosest, it reacts better when the tightest airflow has been setup.

The biggest question; how does it vape? It vapes very well, and the flavor is quite impressive for a pod of this kind. It is not the best ever, but it is really proper. Its a nice type of vape for a quick nicotine boost. Like the fact that more manufacturers start producing high resistance mesh coils for MTL.

No leaking nor condensation buildup issues with this pod at all.

Conclusion:

A properly working pod that is extremely light. Its small battery keeps up quite well and the MTL vape is satisfying.

It is a very inexpensive device costing only between 15-20$, pod replacement cost about 7-8$ for a 2-pack.

Couple of things to improve would be pod capacity, battery indication and the airflow system.

If you would ask me the XROS or the Barr then personally I would go for the XROS due to the proper airflow adjustment and larger battery. But for those that are looking for an elegant light-weight nicotine deliverer, this one might be for you.

Thank you @Vaporesso_Chelsea for sending me this kit.
Thanks and take care,
SP013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread