Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
If Vaporesso are not able to "fix" the STC, perhaps they can offer a way to disable it completely>
It is irritating to be constantly asked if, when I change batteries or change atty, after the little analysing picture, whether I want to use STC. No I don't, it doesn't work, stop asking already.

• Agree
Reactions: Horselady154

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
@Vaporesso_Chelsea
For clarification.
I have no issues with TC, Wattage or Pulse. All work as expected.
I have tried STC with Kylin M OFRF SS mesh, Drop 24g SS simple round coils and Pulse 24mm SS Fused Claptons, and with none of these can I get STC to work properly, and have to resort to Pulse or TC.

Perhaps you could provide an update as to where your engineers are at the moment regarding a solution?

To just keep quiet and not respond to concerns from people who have bought your product, expecting what is advertised to actually be delivered, is not good for your image, and could damage the reputation of Vaporesso severely.

• Agree
Reactions: muth

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
@Vaporesso_Chelsea I have connected the vaporesso gen to my computer using the usb cable in the proper ways with the battery out and holding the fire button . The computer recognizes it as HID Transfer but neither one of the two E-cigarette studio versions are able to detect the device on the list in order to install the rom and complete the firmware flash. How did I get the E-Cigarette studio software to detect my vaporesso gen?
Please try to remove the batteries. Long press the fire button, only release it when it shows connected

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
FWIW if you really want to use STC reduce your temp setting by 20C to 30C.
Edit: After a while it reverted to burning the wick in STC, so disregard the above.
Sorry our engineers are still working on this and we keep forwarding your feedback to them. We want to give a quick response and a fix update soon too. Sorry for any inconvenience caused

• Winner

CMPico

Oct 5, 2019
Please try to remove the batteries. Long press the fire button, only release it when it shows connected
I have tried to connect the gen to my computer using the USB cable provided in the box, with the batteries out and holding the fire button as stated . The computer detects it as HID Transfer but the E cigarette studio software cannot detect the gen in order to install the rom and complete the firmware flash. I think it needs a driver of some sort.

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
Sorry our engineers are still working on this and we keep forwarding your feedback to them. We want to give a quick response and a fix update soon too. Sorry for any inconvenience caused
Thank you for responding Chelsea, it does become a bit annoying not hearing anything about the update.

• Agree

Siletina

Oct 7, 2019
Thank You Chelsea... I hope it is going to come soon. I like the GEN mod and i actually bought it for the smart TC and TC in general.

• Agree

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hello,

@Vaporesso_Chelsea any update on the TC problem?
Sorry not yet, our engineers tested the normal SS coils or wires and they said it no problem. So they bought some TC wires which are reported to have issues from the customers' feedback and they are testing them now

Reactions: G-Fog

ref1

Oct 17, 2019
Sorry not yet, our engineers tested the normal SS coils or wires and they said it no problem. So they bought some TC wires which are reported to have issues from the customers' feedback and they are testing them now
Is it possible to provide custom puff cut off time option in the next firmware upgrade? I believe puff cut-off time is 10 seconds on Gen but it cannot be changed. That is too much, by 10 seconds Rta's cotton can totally be brunt out.

ref1

Oct 17, 2019
Simply don't hold the button for 10 seconds...?
Yes, if someone who doesn't vape or do not have an experience of vaping would keep the button pressed ... I also keep inhaling for longer than I suppose to ... Or If I put the mod in my pocket without turning it off - it may accidentally ... anyway, it is a very basic safety feature every regulated mod suppose to have I think, ex. my 3 years old Joyetech evic primo has this feature!

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yes, if someone who doesn't vape or do not have an experience of vaping would keep the button pressed ... I also keep inhaling for longer than I suppose to ... Or If I put the mod in my pocket without turning it off - it may accidentally ... anyway, it is a very basic safety feature every regulated mod suppose to have I think, ex. my 3 years old Joyetech evic primo has this feature!

Out of the dozens of regulated devices I own, only the DNA based ones allow for cut off adjustment. There may be others, but not a feature that is in high demand. Question: Did you smoke cigarettes prior to taking up vaping? If so, were you able to modulate your drags or did you find a cigarette that would extinguish itself after every puff?

Reactions: drewburton48

ref1

Oct 17, 2019
Out of the dozens of regulated devices I own, only the DNA based ones allow for cut off adjustment. There may be others, but not a feature that is in high demand. Question: Did you smoke cigarettes prior to taking up vaping? If so, were you able to modulate your drags or did you find a cigarette that would extinguish itself after every puff?
Come on, if you think this is a unnecessary feature (like you said that cigarette doesn't have it) then why many mods have this feature and Why Gen has 10 second cutoff time? I am sure your dozens of regulated mod have this feature but you do not know or you haven't explored! I do not know whether every mod has it or not but many models of Augvape, Joyetech, Wismec, Eleaf have this feature. But why we are debating!? I am just asking whether it is possible to add this nice feature on future firmware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread