Vaporesso Revenger Kit Ticking noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob320

Jan 23, 2018
Hello, recently I have purchased the vaporesso Revenger kit and I am concerned there may be something wrong with it. When I listen closely it makes a faint ticking noise about every second, its not too loud but when its quiet and its up to my face I can hear it. When I hit the fire button it does not make this ticking noise, When i loosen the tank so it has a loose connection to the base so the ohms changes it rapidly ticks about 4 times then continues to do that tick about every second. I would appreciate any kind of help so i know to return this or not, and possibly help others wondering about this as well.

Rob320

Jan 23, 2018
Don't have one so can't say but Google search shows lots of hits for it. Maybe search them and read what they say.

I have looked through google for probably an hour and couldn't find anything specifically about the vaporesso revenger, although i have seen with other mods people saying its the "heartbeat" of the mod that constantly checks the ohms. I'm concerned the mod may have a short or something inside it.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't own that mod, but mine don't tick. I would notice immediately and probably find it very annoying. I think it's a good move to email Vaporesso, but if they don't return the emails, do shoot your vendor an email as well if you think there might be the remotest chance that you'll warranty it.

I really would be bothered by it, although as I said I don't have that specific mod, but it doesn't sound all that normal to me, based on the mods I have. I'd think that "ticking" wouldn't be involved in any kind of designed element in a mod, (unless it has a clock maybe, and even then, I'd expect to have a setting where I could turn it off.)

I don't know if it's dangerous exactly as I said I don't have the mod, but I'd warranty/replace personally, because that would drive me batty and I would be continually wondering about it, even if told it was "safe."

IDK though, if you want to try to gather more info first by all means do so, as long as you are in your warranty period.

Anna

Reactions: Rob320

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your vendor told you it was a faulty mod. Send it back. You don't need any more info than when a vendor TELLS you to send it back. It's not like they LOVE and ENJOY warrantying things more paperwork and annoyance for them.

Be happy you chose a great vendor, and do it because honestly, if something is ticking down well, TV leads me to believe that's a bad thing. Get it out of the house.... :)

Anna

Rob320

Jan 23, 2018
Your vendor told you it was a faulty mod. Send it back. You don't need any more info than when a vendor TELLS you to send it back. It's not like they LOVE and ENJOY warrantying things more paperwork and annoyance for them.

Be happy you chose a great vendor, and do it because honestly, if something is ticking down well, TV leads me to believe that's a bad thing. Get it out of the house.... :)

Anna

HaHa, yeah i'm just impatient with shipping even worse i'll have to wait for it to get there and back.. Yeah mtbakervapor.com is a great vendor, with my ejuice orders they always give me free juice with my juice orders, shipping is very fast as well. They even sent me free juice with the revenger mod i ordered from them. They were pretty fast and polite about the problem call was like 5 mins or less, telling me to return it. Thanks for your quality help, much appreciated.

Rob320

Jan 23, 2018
I'm keeping mine.

Like I said, I've used it for over a month and didn't notice until I put the mod to my ear today. I'm not going to advise the OP - or anyone else - but for ME it's a non-issue.

*shrug*

Does anybody know if using the usb charger on the device can possibly damage the internals from heating up while charging? @gpjoe Do you charge your batteries from the device, you said both of yours tick maybe we can figure out what causes this.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I suppose USB charging could damage the internals, but I doubt it would start a slight ticking noise, charging via USB would be more likely to stress your batteries, I think? Which would lead more to an explosion or something melting. Oh, heck, I don't know it's e-cigs, sometimes it's the weirdest things that do it.

However, if you think that's a likely culprit you might just want to get an external charger for when you get your new one. I just can't really see it, but again, I suppose anything's possible and in either case, charging via USB is just really not recommended for a whole host of reasons. They are inexpensive enough these days (especially a two bay charger) that there really isn't a fantastic reason NOT to do it that way routinely (although I guess I'd understand a USB charge on the go or something or traveling). Usually, though, (maybe this is the rare exception) USB charge damage happens sort of slowly over time (destroying the USB port, possibly uneven charging, and etc.)

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I am speculating, but with an electronic device having no moving parts other than switches there is nothing that should be ticking. That sound is likely caused by an electrical arc. An arc is caused when electrical current jumps the gap between two conductors.

Again speculating, sooner or later one or both of the ends or terminals will fail and some (likely important) feature will no longer work.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread