The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaporesso Switcher

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Mezrein, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mezrein

Mezrein Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    Hey guys. Really interested in this device, but after watching pbusardo's video, there is one thing really holding me back. The Power protect feature. I am a MTL Vapor, generally running self built single coils at around 1.4 to 1.6 ohm's, and tend to run at 15.5 to 16 watts. The power protect "feature" of this device supposedly blocks wattage at or above 15 if over 1 ohm on the coil, or at least it was at the time of Phil's review. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks in advance
    Mez

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Sorry I don’t know but you might try Vaporesso Facebook page. You can contact them thru there. They’ve always beeen responsive to my questions. Although it’s still Chinese New Years so it may be a few days before you get a response.

I highly recommend Vaporesso based on the Revenger X and Mini that I own. Oh and a NRG & Cascade tank. Very well built mods and tanks.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mezrein

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    Well I sent them an email, as well as reaching out on FB, unfortunately, their response on email was a little lacking, see below.

"Very glad for your choosing Vaporesso.
    Firstly, i would like to tell you that our switcher support setup output wattage 220W.
    So how much output wattage you can setup depands on the coil you are using.

Best Regards
    Delia Wu
    support@vaporesso.com
    Vaporesso
    Vaporesso® (@vaporesso_ecig) • Instagram photos and videos
    "
    So that really doesnt help. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    Omg the grammar :facepalm:

I keep saying I should be a technical writer/editor just cuz so many of these companies can't write in English.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mezrein

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    Considering this is what I sent.

"I am writing to ask about the vaporesso switcher and its apparent inability to go over 15 watts with an atty that's over 1 ohm. Is this still the case? I am very interested in owning one, but if there is a limit like this I cant see the reason to buy one."

All I want to know is if the danged power protect at 15 watts has been fixed or not. LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. rollersk4te

rollersk4te Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    The smart ones do hire American freelancers to handle their correspondence and communications.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I guess the only way to find out is to go to a B & M that has the Swticher and trying it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mezrein

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    Well, Im going to buy one soon and try it out. If I find that it blocks anything above 1 ohm then Ill send it back and get a revenger.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    After a quick glance at the specs I don't see that it will "block or limit a coil above 1Ω
    "The Switcher has a 5 to 220W output range, a 0.05 to 5.0 ohm atomizer resistance range, and several output modes, two of which include: Customized Curve of Wattage (CCW) and Customized Curve of Temperature (CCT), giving the device much functional versatility. The Switcher is powered by two high amperage 18650 batteries"

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Mezrein

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    If you watch pbusardo's review of the switcher, he demonstrates the power protect limit on coils over 1 ohm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mackman

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Some chip programming ? Admittedly never used one of their mods

• Like Like x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I wouldn't buy it to find out if it has this issue, and THEN try to exchange it because you didn't like what you got (if it's in the manufacturer's specs). I kind of think any reasonable vedor might state, "There is no reason for me to accept a working mod where the specs were listed, and take it back as a "used" model and replace it with the one you want."

I wouldn't if I was a vendor, and I tend to hold my vendors to a fairly high standard. Do your FULL due diligence first, since it appears there may be conflicting reports. I would go check out the manufacturer's spec page and MAKE SURE it doesn't limit you ohm's to one and below before purchasing. I really would. If that's not stated, you might have a case, but if it IS, I doubt you would.

Anna

13. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Why don’t use just buy the Revenger to begin with? I have 3 of them now lol! Two Xs and a mini. I’m actually thinking of buying another one in black now lol! I love this mod so much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mezrein

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    I thought about it, is the base a 25mm? I'm going to be getting the ares as well and it' a 25mm tank

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I use the Vaporesso cascade tank which is 25 mm and it has no overhang. Might fit an even slightly bigger tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mezrein

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    dual battery on the revenger? also could you pm me a photo of it with the 25mm tank attached?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Is PM the same as Start a Conversation or no?

• Like Like x 1
  18. mackman

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    SI

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    7181F575-8CA5-479C-B5BA-39F0E170AD47.jpeg 068940E5-EB2F-4C06-A4E4-D47A7CA8AFBD.jpeg This is the Revenger X with the 26.5 NRG tank that comes with the kit.

20. Skold

Skold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2016
    If its anything like my Vaporesso mods it'll be great. Love the omniboard chip

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.