Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Good to know! Any recommendations on cartos for the 808 Wetbox?

Regular 808 cartos work best, ie non Premium style cartos (actually some Premium styles work, the Turbo/Mega/Cool styles have the narrow tube/hard draw. The link above is for his regular 808 cartos and they'll work fine).

As for how the Wetbox holds up; a friend and myself have had some minor issues. My switch is currently down and my friend had the red contact wire come loose (a simple solder fixed it). They are a great device for carto users and overall we like them. I think Dexter summed it up in an earlier post, nothing is flawless.

My advice would be to watch flooding the carto and spray out the switch w/ canned air every now and then.

Last edited:

DeXTeR

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Valley Head, Alabama
www.vaporjunction.com
Just to add a little to Turbo's advice. It comes with a pin to clean out the needle assembly. Use it atleast once a week if it needs it or not. Also watch very carefully when your pushing the bottle up through the adapter. It's very easy to miss the hole and when you do there is a good chance you will clog the needle assembly with epoxy.

The WetBox does require some TLC but if you take care of it, it will take care of you. lol

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Since you folks are talking about the wetbox figure I'll ask my question here. When I used 808 style cartos with KR808D-1 batteries they took about 30-40 drops to fill initially then 15-20 to refill when they seemed to start to go dry. Now with the wetbox you have that 3ml bottle that squirts juice into the carto. Don't you end up emptying half the bottle just to prime the carto when you start? Or should I fill the carto up then fill up the 3ml bottle?

I'm asking because it seems like I'm needing to squeeze the bottle every 3-4 draws yet with 'normal' KR808D-1 cartos I was good for a few dozen draws. So it seems like I'm doing something wrong.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Perhaps I should have phrased it better. I did fill the carto with a bunch of liquid then filled the 3ml bottle since I figured that was what should be done yet I still am finding I need to squeeze the bottle every couple of draws which is so unlike a 'normal' 808 carto where I can take a few dozen draws before I felt a need to top off the carto.

Is it that the cartomize that comes on the wetbox so different from a normal carto that's making me see the need to squeeze every 2 or 3 draws?

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Perhaps I should have phrased it better. I did fill the carto with a bunch of liquid then filled the 3ml bottle since I figured that was what should be done yet I still am finding I need to squeeze the bottle every couple of draws which is so unlike a 'normal' 808 carto where I can take a few dozen draws before I felt a need to top off the carto.

Is it that the cartomize that comes on the wetbox so different from a normal carto that's making me see the need to squeeze every 2 or 3 draws?

The carto that comes w/ the Wetbox is a standard carto. I do find that after the drop in flavor you have to be diligent in squeezing the bottle. The difference is that the needle doesn't fill the carto but feeds the atty. It'd be equivalent to dripping a three piece unit.

DeXTeR

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Valley Head, Alabama
www.vaporjunction.com
I know this doesn't answer your question at all bsoplinger but do this just once and see how you like it. Take a new carto, take the cap off, use some tweezers or hemo's and gently pull out the primary filler. There is also a wrap around the coil, leave that. Just remove the filler. Give her a few initial squeezes and see how you like it.

I know some people have more than one WetBox so I'm going to ask. Do you only have an 808 version or do you also have a 510 version?

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Received my E2 cartos today, thank you for the fast shipping!! Umm I couldn't get a 20g in, I had to use a 22g if I want to go through the fill holes. I ended up taking the inner cap out and using a needle tip oiler bottle to fill them. Ok so I posted the following on that other E2 thread so I'm just going to cut and paste the same thing here.

Ordered 2 packs, the only color Dex has is black. From the outside you can not tell any difference, no news there. I took one from each pack and the caps came out of both the same way, no problems on either. I have marked the packs A and B and put a piece of orange vinyl around the A carto to keep them straight. Not the best picture in the world but here is a pick of the two cartos I opened, one from each pack. A is on the left and B is on the right.

e2s.jpg

They are clearly different. I can't keep track, despite taking notes, about which revision is which though :lol: The one on the left, the A carto tested at 2.4 ohms and the one on the right the B carto tested at 2.5 ohms. I made no adjustments or modifications to either of these, just used them as they came to me. The A one I filled with a juice with medium viscosity and the B one I filled with a juice that is slightly thinner. I'm running the A carto on my Buzz set to 3.6 volts and the B carto I'm running on a Lazer mod with a fresh battery.

I chained vaped these things, sometimes one of them for 10-15 hits in a row, then the other one the same, then just back and forth. Did this for about an hour and a half before I got any kind of dry taste, and guess what, they needed refilled! Don't know what I'm doing different, but I'm not getting any burnt or dry taste at all so far on either revision.

I'm extremely pleased at this point, but I've only been using them 2 hours. Give it several more days and I could feel differently :)

Hubby just opened one from the B pack to put on his Lazer. We are curious if they are mixed types inside the blister packs at all. With two out of the B pack, they are both the same and this one also tested at 2.5 ohms.

That's it from me. Can't wait to find out what I get in my order from China :lol:

Happy Vaping!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread