ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
6a354285ce8118ab3ac434dce9c794b8.jpg

Arrived this morning! Worked out 2 day delivery time for me

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Alright Steve,
I'm from the UK aswell, wondering which shipping method you chose, 2 days is bloody quick! Also were you stung by customs and was it Royal mail who delivered it to you?
Cheers bud

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Don't think paypal would be any help. We were far more protected by our credit card companies than we would have been by paypal.
Not that it's going to happen, but if they took paypal, wouldn't that redirect transactions away from the VS site? Why wouldn't that prevent the issue? I'm just curious, as I would think it should, but would be interested in reading why it wouldn't prevent such issues.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I believe we are more likely to have a credit card company support us and protect us in event of fraud than Paypal, however, You are correct that moving the transactions out of Vapor Shark processing may have the effect of minimizing the opportunity for that fraud to take place in the first place.

Personally I use a credit card to fund Paypal purchases and more than once my credit card customer reps have intervened and gotten Paypal to re-think bad decisions.

moneymike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
This is irrelevant until they lift their ban on e-cig sales in North America, but with PayPal you still have the same protection through your CC company along with PayPal's buyer protection. If you file a dispute or chargeback, paypal will immediately freeze the funds and ask the seller to prove it was delivered to the correct address. They don't share your financial information with the seller so the only real way for your account to get stolen is if you login through a fake link.

I understand not wanting to purchase from their site after all this but wouldn't be able to relax without a shark skin. I ordered mine with bitcoin last week and it was delivered on Thursday. The bitcoin option redirects you to a 3rd party site called Bitpay with a temporary address that expires in 10 minutes. You use your own bitcoin wallet on a site like Circle to add cash from your CC and send as bitcoin to that temporary address. Bitpay then converts the BTC to $ and sends it to VS so they don't have any access to your card info.

moneymike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
True but the only problems they would offer support for are if you received the wrong product or it was shipped to the wrong address, which VS should take care of. I probably wouldn't order a dna 200 with bitcoin but for a shark skin I'd be willing to take that risk before letting my card info get stolen over an $8 purchase.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
So now I realized how my CC was compromised back on Aug 19th. Turns out, I ordered from Vapor Shark literally just a few days earlier. I couldn't understand how this card was stolen, because its activity is very limited. Welp, this had to be it. And VS is claiming to have "isolated and removed" by July 14? Not a chance.

The fact that VS sat on this information for 3 months after supposed "removal" and over 3 months since first discovery, without notifying customers, is hugely troubling. Unbelievable. Clear violation of Fla. Stat. 501.171, as I'm sure others have already pointed out in this thread.

I don't want to see a vaping company in my state go down, but I won't weep for them. Unacceptable business practice. This is not the only shady thing they've done in the past several years, but this sure takes the cake.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
I see lots of credit-card-gate posts but not much else so I'm thinking everyone's devices are working well. A handful of early ones failed (including one of mine) but mine have both been great for a few weeks now.

I was interested to note that an Evolv rep on their message boards confirmed the Vaporshark contains a customized DNA200 which is how they are doing the zip charging amongst other things. Evolv agreed to do this based on the large volume VS was willing to commit to.

Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I see lots of credit-card-gate posts but not much else so I'm thinking everyone's devices are working well. A handful of early ones failed (including one of mine) but mine have both been great for a few weeks now.

I was interested to note that an Evolv rep on their message boards confirmed the Vaporshark contains a customized DNA200 which is how they are doing the zip charging amongst other things. Evolv agreed to do this based on the large volume VS was willing to commit to.
As predicted: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/vaporshark-dna200.694917/page-32#post-16607590

Reactions: alistairs

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD

Yep, my device has been good to me. Annoying I had to cancel my CC, but none of the fraudulent charges cleared, so it was no huge loss to me.

I saw that post as well, sounded like they got custom on board switches too. Common sense would dictate they also got a longer screen cable.

Reactions: alistairs

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas

I was the one that had the issues. Apparently the vt200 box mod has had the same issues with the chip dying. So it's not just vapor shark. I only know this because I saw people posting the issue on their thread and I hopped on it to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread