Vapre-51 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I've been giving some advice to an older gentleman who wants to quit smoking tobacco and is interested in e-cigs. This subject is of course confusing for newbies. I was thinking about steering him toward the very reliable 510, which I really like -- plus some of Totally Wicked's excellent new 'mega power' 510 batteries.

But then I just saw the Vapre-51 for the first time on your site. Now I'm wondering if that might be the unit for him -- longer flavor 'life' in the carts, longer battery life, other good features.

So I have these questions about the product:

1. Are the batteries/chargers used in the Vapre common enough that they can be found on the web if you or other e-cig vendors are out of stock for them?

2. Are the atomizers supplied with the Vapre-51 kit the standard 801 atomizers?

3. On your site, one of the photos of the unit shows what looks like a thin metal ring of some kind wrapped around it, going over the top of the button. On your Vapre-51 kit page, it's the photo all the way to the right in the group of photos. What is the purpose of the metal ring?

4. Right now, are there 510 adapters for the Vapre-51? I didn't see a 510 adapter on your site.

5. I'm not clear what the 'correct' operating voltage is for the 510 atomizer. Is it 3.7V? Or 5V? If it's 5V, would using a 510 atomizer with the (3.7V) Vapre-51 tend to produce 'underpowered' vaping?

Thanks in advance for the advice. (Apologies if these questions were covered in some other thread here -- I did a search but didn't find what I was after.)

Mike

ArkGullwing

Sep 6, 2009
I can answer a couple of these with near certainty at least XD

1. Dont know
2. Pretty sure
3. That's just holding the button down so that he can take photos with the LED on
4. Yes just use a 801 to 510 adapter
5. Not sure...

I can't post a link to it yet (even tho it's on this forum -_- need 15 posts to do so) but check the Vapre51 thread down on the truesmoker section of the forum for a more active discussion about the vapre51 if you like. 4 pages so far.

Last edited:

ArkGullwing

Sep 6, 2009
Actually there is quite the extensive post right here on this thread! I was just reading through it and it answers most of your questions. There will be adapters released shortly after the vapre51, the 510 should work fine with the voltages this produces, the batteries are standard e-cigar batteries? Anywho! Yeah lots of info here, just take a poke around, the one on this litecig page started back before it was officially announced (it started as a teaser post about a mod being released, and then he gives more and more info)

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
1) The 10440 batts and chargers are very common, but usually they're unprotected. The Vapre51 batts are protected and they're very hard to find. Some have made a big deal of this, but cigars have been using unprotected ones for a long time and I haven't heard of any fires, etc. from them. Just make sure you use a protected charger (they usually are) and change batts when the vapor starts to fall off.

2) Good question for Shawn - or whoever gets one of these early next week. Lucky dogs :p

3) Ditto - just for pics.

4) There was a problem with the 510 adapters from the shop so Shawn said he won't be selling these. Should have some in a couple weeks.

5) The 510 is a 3.7v device. The atty has a lower resistance than most so it kicks a little harder than say a 901. The Vapre51 should be perfect for a 510 since the stock 510 batts work great - for about 45 minutes!

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
1) The 10440 batts and chargers are very common, but usually they're unprotected. The Vapre51 batts are protected and they're very hard to find. Some have made a big deal of this, but cigars have been using unprotected ones for a long time and I haven't heard of any fires, etc. from them. Just make sure you use a protected charger (they usually are) and change batts when the vapor starts to fall off.

Hmm, difficulty finding protected replacement batteries could be something of an issue. If you're looking for an additional charger, are the kinds of sites that sell chargers fairly diligent in noting whether they are protected or not? (I have no experience with this kind of battery and charger.)

2) Good question for Shawn - or whoever gets one of these early next week. Lucky dogs
In one of the threads, Shawn mentioned that the supplied atomizer is a generic 801 pen-style. I don't have experience with the 201s but I noted one participant saying he liked the flavor out of a 201 better than either the 801 and the 510. I like my 801 for cart capacity, but I have never gotten the flavor I wanted out of it. Perhaps the 201 -- which as I understand it will work in the Vapre-51 without any adapter -- would be a good compromise.

5) The 510 is a 3.7v device. The atty has a lower resistance than most so it kicks a little harder than say a 901. The Vapre51 should be perfect for a 510 since the stock 510 batts work great - for about 45 minutes!
Thanks for this information. Someone I know has recommended driving the 510 at 5V but I was dubious about that. Atomizers are just too pricey to risk burning 'em out before their time is due! On batteries: I have had great success with Totally Wicked's 'mega-power' 510 batteries -- that's a great product -- but this Vapre-51 device sounds like something even better. Especially if it becomes easier to get the protected batteries for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread