hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Today I’m here to talk about the VapX Art Pod system that was sent to me for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review by VapX. The Art is a little different take on your average pod device. I think it’s rather innovative and the quality shows through on this device just like the other VapX devices that I have tested in the past for reviews. Let’s go take a look at some stock images and I’ll talk about my experience with the Art and see if it might be one that you would like to try also.

upload_2021-6-2_17-53-1.png

upload_2021-6-2_17-53-31.png

Parameters:

Charging Case Size: 58x20x100mm
    Battery Capacity of Charging Case: 800mA
    Input Voltage of Art Body: 3.3V-4.2V
    Tank Juice Capacity: 1.4ml
    Support Type-C Input Protocol: PD3.0/PD2.0/QC3.0/QC2.0
    Art Body Size: 17x15x87mm
    Battery Capacity of Art Body: 300mA
    Output Voltage of Art Body: 3.3V-3.7V
    Coil Resistance: 1.2ohm
    Max Type-C Input Power: 18W

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1x Charging Case (800mAh)
    1x Art Body(300mAh)
    2x Art Pod(1.4ml)
    1x USB Cable
    1x User Manual

upload_2021-6-2_17-54-48.png

upload_2021-6-2_17-55-14.png

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I thought that VapX did a nice job on the packaging. Once the top was removed, underneath was a flap that said “Keep Vaping and Carry On”. Once the flap is lifted it exposes the charging case and the Art pod device. Inside the charging case was a second pod. The pods do not have replaceable coils and are only 1.4ml capacity. The device itself is 300mah and the charging case is 800mah. The charging case supports fast charging and will charge in 10 minutes at 18 watts or higher and 20 minutes at 10 watts depending on what kind of charger you have.

upload_2021-6-2_17-56-16.png

The 300mah device has a charging connection on the bottom that matches up with the charging contacts inside the case. The device and the pods only fit into the case one way so you can’t put them in wrong. The pods will only go into the battery one way also and has a cut out so that the textured light up window of the pod aligns with the slot. The pod device is auto draw only and the textured portion of the pod lights up when you take a puff and there is also a small round blue light that lights. I do find it a little difficult to see the liquid level in the pod.

upload_2021-6-2_17-57-21.png

upload_2021-6-2_17-57-46.png

upload_2021-6-2_17-58-11.png

upload_2021-6-2_17-58-51.png

upload_2021-6-2_17-59-16.png

IMG-5160.jpg

IMG-5164.jpg

You might be wondering what makes this pod device different from all the other pods out on the market right now. Well, the claim to fame or what I would consider to be outstanding features are first of all the very nice charging case that not only holds and charges the pod device but also holds a spare pod. I personally would have preferred to have a second pod device inside rather than an additional pod but I’m sure it would add considerable cost to the device. On the side of the case is a chrome button that once pressed opens the case to reveal the pod device and spare pod. Below the chrome button there are three blue lights that illuminate and flash when the pod device is being charged and also show the battery level of the charging case. The lights go out once the device is finished charging. I really like this feature. On one side of the case is printed Art and the VapX logo on the other side. I like that there is minimal branding on the case. On the bottom of the case is the USB-C charging port for the 800mah case. On the flip open top there is a textured window. This is the second outstanding feature of this device. Once the pod device is placed inside and the lid is shut there is a 10 second burst of UV light and the window on top illuminates in a pink color so you know it is working. The UV light burst is supposed to sterilize the food grade stainless steel tip of the device. I have no way to confirm this so will take VapX at their word. If the lid is closed without the pod device inside, the UV light will not illuminate. It must have some kind of current sensing circuit so that it is only turned on when a load is detected. The charging case is a hard case but is soft to the touch almost like it has a thin rubberized coating on it.

Vap-X-ART-Pod-Kit-description-2-1.jpg

IMG-5170.jpg

IMG-5171.jpg

IMG-5172.jpg

IMG-5169.jpg

The pod isn’t too hard to fill but isn’t the easiest to see the liquid level while filling. I also have a difficult time seeing the liquid level when the pod is installed in the battery unit. Both pods have a food grade stainless steel tip that surprisingly is removable. I wasn’t expecting that. The pods are disposable and do not have replaceable coils. Some may not like that but I personally have no preference either way. The bottom of the pod has two contacts and two magnets on it and stays in place in the pod very well.

Vap-X-ART-Pod-Kit-description-3.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Just like the other VapX products that I have tested in the past, the VapX Art pod system has a feeling of quality. It seems well built and as far as I can tell it does what it claims to do. I know some will think that it’s just one more pod in a sea of pod devices but it has some unique features that make it stand out. It is only the second one that I have tried that included a charging case and it is definitely a higher quality of device compared to the other one I tested from a different company.

I know it doesn’t seem like a lot of battery capacity but the pod device and charging case combined will give you 1100mah if both are fully charged and with the extra pod that’s 2.8ml of liquid and who doesn’t carry an extra bottle of liquid? Will it last you all day? It depends on what type of vaper you are. It would definitely be good enough for me for at least a day trip.

The pod device itself is tiny and very easily fits in a front shirt pocket without sticking out. The charging case is flat and not very wide and can fit in a back pocket more easily than a cell phone. Comparing it to other pod devices that I have used, it provides a decent amount of vapor and good flavor. No, it’s not going to give vapor production and flavor like an rda. It’s a tiny pod but with the right nicotine strength it can keep you satisfied while out and about.

So would I recommend it? If you want an easy to carry device for trips around town or even a day trip then yes I would. I feel like it is a well-made device that does what it advertises.

I’d like to than Niki and VapX for sending the Art Pod system for this review and as always thanks to the folks that take the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the VapX site if you’d like to look around. Besides the Art, they have some other really nice devices.

VapX ART Pod Kit

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I been looking at these since you first mentioned them, and while a couple stores have these on pre-order I'm not seeing replacement pods yet?

do you have any information on how much those will be when they come out? Or how easy they will be to acquire?

I don't know much yet. It took a long time for them to send the sample. I think it's been a month and a half or longer since they asked me if I wanted to review it. I will however ask the VapX rep about them and will let you know when I find out.

Nice review. That is different.

Thanks Fran.

Being a DTL vaporer, it's not for me. Good review though.

I can understand that. It's not going to be a good fit for everyone.

I enjoyed the review, Hitt. I think how likely I am to buy one depends on the price of pods. How long did you get out of a pod, and compared to other pods better/worse/average life?

I have been using the two that the kit came with for about a week and a half or so. I'm going to continue to use it at work for stealth vaping so I can let you know how long they last. I haven't noticed any flavor difference so far but haven't run a lot of liquid through them. I think it says on their site that they expect 7-12 refills from each pod. I know a lot of companies have recommended number of refills but I am usually able to get more with the clear mint liquid I use at work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread