Variable Air and Wick hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetic

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Illinois
I just thought of an idea but if my grammar and punctuation is off please forgive. I am super sleepy but I can't go to sleep, until I put this up.

I was thinking to myself their are so many Genesis Attys and hybrids out their. You can ask room full of people which is their favorite most of them will give different answers. When you ask them why is that particular item you favorite. One might say I love the airy draw or the stiff draw. They might also reference the wick size i love the thick wick or the thin wick. The point is, it is all subjective and not one setup will satisfy all.

So, i thought of a way making a somewhat variable Air hole and wick hole. I am no expert by the way and I am terrible at drawings, I am demanding a lot from your imagination. You take a cap from your favorite Genesis atty and drill the hole bigger. Then we insert almost like round necklace bead. The front part of the insert has lip on it so it does not fall inside the cap. The other side of the insert you can have one of those U-shaped washers that snap in to place or an o-ring.

These inserts will have the same outside diameter and in the middle of the insert will different size air holes, so you can try each one you like and you can decide which size air hole you want.

The same exact thing can be done with the wick size, you can make it smaller or bigger. The same thing can be done with the filling hole or the breathing hole for the feeding of the liquid. Pretty much if their is a hole you can put this sort of insert into it.

I don't make these inserts, I am just throwing this idea out there, which I thought of.

Another idea some people are using Dual coil wick or U-wick (dual coils). Want to make another hole in their cap for better air flow for the second coil. Well, drill a hole put the insert and see how you like it. If by chance you don't like the dual wicks then you can put in a plug insert (a insert with no hole in the middle)

Love to hear you guys thoughts and would love to take this idea a step further.

Thank you

P.S I don't know if this is the correct place to put this thread, Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread