Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
More teens hospitalized for lung damage after vaping — CBS News

The previous highly questionably sourced articles we have seen over the last few days seem to have broken through and had their flames fanned yet again and been coalated into a new article by a more reputable source.

It would sound like a reasonable article if I hadn’t seen the stuff it was based on. This is literally nothing turned into something.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
YTyxFYd.gif

I am 99.999% confident these people were not just vaping a juul, or anything else that just contained PG, VG, Nic and flavorings.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
YTyxFYd.gif

I am 99.999% confident these people were not just vaping a Juul, or anything else that just contained PG, VG, Nic and flavorings.
As am I. I even doubt vaping had much to do with what happened to them. Such seems to have been claimed though. I sent a message to CBS questioning the article. Don’t know if it will even be read though.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm sure that crap stories like this, and others in the past about things like "popcorn lung" and "formaldehyde" are just the excuse many smokers need to keep right on smoking instead of trying to switch to vaping.

At some point, we have to ask ourselves whether this effect is unintended or desired on the part of the people who publish such nonsense.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm sure that crap stories like this, and others in the past about things like "popcorn lung" and "formaldehyde" are just the excuse many smokers need to keep right on smoking instead of trying to switch to vaping.

At some point, we have to ask ourselves whether this effect is unintended or desired on the part of the people who publish such nonsense.

In the interests of journalistic integrity, if such a thing even exists anymore, I chose to point out that the story was infected with falsehood at its foundation. If the intent of the writer is to print falsehood there is nothing that can be done. The only hope is that the intent was to print truth and it has merely been suborned

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Just a couple of questions to be asked...
1) Vaping is a nationwide (worldwide) practice.
Why is this happening only in fairly localized clusters?
2) Vaping (even among young people) has been around for a while now.
Why hasn't this been noticed before?

I don't see any real links to (legitimate) vaping in this.
It looks more like the clusters of overdoses you can see when a bad batch of illegal substances hits the streets in one city or another. *
*I'd have to assume that the epidemiologists at the CDC already know all of this, but agendas being what they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread