• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vegatable Gardens or Mini Gardens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
Let me try this picture thing again :)
SDC10182.jpg

SDC10187.jpg

SDC10186.jpg

SDC10184.jpg

SDC10168-1.jpg

blueeyekelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
all ove the USA
Thank you! It would be look more impressive if I had the time to weed it!! I have found that the weeds love miracle grow just as much as the veggies!! :lol:

Oh yeah they do, one of the reasons I like raised beds, you can catch the weeds when they are smaller and easer to pull (I am too cheap to go buy a nice hoe...lol)

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
Part of my problem is that the "weeds" are actually bits of grass that survived being rototillered (is that a word?) when we turned this area of yard into the garden! We thought that the rototiller would tear up the roots enough to kill what we didn't tear up in sod squares, but boy were we wrong! When I have time I take my little hand held tools and cut out pieces from the garden and transplant them to the bare spots in the rest of the yard ~ Talk about exhausting! If i don't get out there first thing in the morning it is so excruciatingly hot/humid that I have to wait until the evening...and then I'm fighting mosquitos :p Ah, gotta love Georgia!

I was thinking that raised beds would be a great way to go and it sounds like the would be much easier on the back too!! Next year I will try talking the other half into helping me with that!

feebee

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2010
South of Sydney, Australia
Great gardens there ladies :)

We finally have our own place, so no more 'pots'. We planted a REAL garden. These pics are from a before and after art journal I am doing of our home renos.

ETA: No disrespect meant- Some of you have WONDERFUL looking veggie pots - I just always had an extremely brown thumb when trying to do pot herbs & veg. Big gardens are a little more forgiving when you neglect them for a few days...or so lol

Attachments

• FB2 copy.jpg
    FB2 copy.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 12
  • FB3 copy.jpg
    FB3 copy.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 13
  • FB4 copy.jpg
    FB4 copy.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 14
  • FB5 copy.jpg
    FB5 copy.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

blueeyekelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
all ove the USA
Kelly, your hubby sounds like mine...resourceful!! My other half won't wast a thing and amazes me with the things he can come up with!

Thank you MaryKay! I think next year I will have to get some hanging tomato planters like yours!!

Well have to make do with what you have, having the right stuff to do things with is better however...LMAO

feebee

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2010
South of Sydney, Australia
My Aussie friend was teaching me a foreign language..lol!
She taught me about chooks, tea, Bickie (money, but in Brittish it's bikkies=cookies).
There was vests, stickybeaks, vegemite, afters and savories. I love learning new stuff!
I spoke to her once on the phone and she sounded like Olivia Newton John!:D

Oh that's so funny :D On forums I now try to avoid using everyday words like arvo, chooks & bickies (I use that for cookies too, $$ to me is moolah or dosh), but I still spell colour, flavour, neighbour etc <<< like that, & vapor both ways. I'm sure a lot of ppl just think I am misspelling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread