Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
We all know how popular and pervasive fruit based vapes have been over the years but why have vegetables never translated into good vape juices?

While fruits have enjoyed celebrity status and rock star roles selling out crowds, having panties thrown at them by beautiful women and rolling out hit after hit, vegetables have ended up in quiet backwater suburban bars playing throaty renditions out of tune, barely recognised by the beer swilling crowd. Vegetables simply don't enjoy the stardom fruits enjoy in the vape world.

Like 90s music, we are bored of fruit and cake. I've been vaping strawberry for 9 years and all kinds of ridiculous eggy custards and cake batter. I don't even eat cake batter or custard or even strawberries for that matter!

But why don't vendors do more vegetable, herb and spice based? There are as many different species of vegetables as their are fruits and their flavours are just as complex and delicious as fruit.

Savoury vegetable vapes if done right could be a game changer the way custards and yoghurts were. No one quite does them right. They end up being novelty vapes done poorly with synthetic ingredients. Perhaps the best vegetable vape I ever had was the now discontinued Sixty-Four by Five Pawns which had a hint of dill and some cucumber.

I would love to see celery or cucumber based vapes. What about ginger, tumeric, horseradish, paprika, mushrooms? What about chilli? These ingredients done right would make for a great vape. Imagine that slight bite at the end of a vape from chilli, paprika or horseradish. And speaking of, where the hell are our wasabi vapes?

I've got strawberries, peaches and kiwifruit coming out of my ears and custard oozing out of my eyelids. Give me a wasabi vape somebody! Make it a bit sweeter if you must, a sugary wasabi. Let the mind roam! Sweet vegetables are okay for a vape juice. Vape juice vendors are linear in their thinking. They design juices based on how they would taste and if we would like to eat them, but vaping is a four dimensional flavour profile and experience. You can have sweet carrot without it having to be a carrot cake as an example!

What about smashed avocado, taro, peas, snow peas! How good would avocado be!

SAFFRON! It's a crime against humanity that no one has done a saffron vape yet! Creamy saffron with a hint of paprika for me thanks!

Can you imagine a creamy vape with a note of paprika or capsicum or tumeric? Or what about cucumber in yoghurt? How about a refreshing sweeter cucumber and a hint of dill in yoghurt with a spicy ginger zing on the exhale?

Are no vape vendors proficient enough to be doing this?? Are none so adventurous and creative?

What about potato or sweet potato? Sweet potato is sweet like fruit so why can't that be translated into a vape juice? And wouldn't the powdery starchy goodness of a potato translate well into a vape juice?

What about bread?? Imagine a nice crusty loaf of bread in vape form. Yes, with that slightly burnt crust! Why do juice vendors try so hard to make the perfect pie crust in their vape juices and yet you would be more likely to find a penguin in Death Valley than a vape juice designed to taste like the wonderful thick crust on a freshly baked loaf of bread.

If we can do fruits with so much success why not vegetables?

Someone needs to venture into these areas and do it right with organic ingredients. They need to be macerated in much the same way Naturally Extracted Tobacco is macerated. The key is in flavour strength. They need to be subtle and perhaps fused with some other lighter cream based flavours. They will redefine flavour profiles.

If anyone makes a fortune based my comments here please cut me a cheque for a 10% commission. I accept payment by cheque, bitcoin and TRON. You can send me a message for postage details.

If no one does it, I might do it myself!

So with all that said, who's with me on this? Who's screaming from the top of their glazed donut, custard drowned tonsils for more Arthouse vegetable vapes? Who's over peach, custard, guava, grapefruit? Okay I admit I do like guava and grapefruit vapes. I went a bit too far there but let's do this !!

Heck we might as well jump forward and get in early with a whole new genre of vape juice and call it 'VHS' - Vegetable, Herb and Spice vapes.

Also, does anyone know of good vegetable profile vapes that might soothe my poor throat from 9 years of cake batter and synthetic peach flavours? Is anyone actually doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CFreeAngie

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Tucson, Az.
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

CFreeAngie

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Tucson, Az.
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
  • Deleted by classwife

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

CFreeAngie

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Tucson, Az.
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
  • Deleted by classwife

CFreeAngie

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Tucson, Az.
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
  • Deleted by classwife

CFreeAngie

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Tucson, Az.
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
  • Deleted by classwife

CFreeAngie

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Tucson, Az.
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
  • Deleted by classwife

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Some good ideas out there and thanks for pointing me in some direction.

Though some of these sound good my best guess is, without disrespecting any vendors, that a lot of these probably fall in the category I referred to as novelty vapes from synthetic sources.

I think someone needs to tackle this genre with a serious eye for gourmet. A vendor who considers how strong the flavour should be, what would it go well with, how well will it translate into vape form and how to blend it with other flavor notes to bring out the best in it.

In order for vegetable, Herb and spice vapes to percolate through into the mainstream and be regarded as highly as the vape profiles we have become accustomed to, someone needs to revolutionise it. Bottling a flavourants novelty concentrate flavour is not the same thing as an artisan and mixologist considering how to make the perfect complex blend to bring into existence a vegetable or savoury vape that will gain mass appeal.

I was hoping someone was already doing it but what I can see so far is flavourant concentrates and novelty vapes.

Like i said in the post only Sixty-Four by Five Pawns was a serious attempt at a gourmet savoury herb based vape.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I started the dill pickle thread half jokingly but it did raise some good ideas and this new thread is proving to be interesting indeed. Its kinda funny though, that the videos about folks vaping the grossest flavors in which the flavors are the savory ones put ideas like this in a bad light. Surely there can be some middle ground to build on. Or are we so accustomed to the sweet fruit dessert type flavors that our tastebuds reject everything else? I admit, dill pickle might actually be a gross tasting vape juice. But there is room for something different.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I started the dill pickle thread half jokingly but it did raise some good ideas and this new thread is proving to be interesting indeed. Its kinda funny though, that the videos about folks vaping the grossest flavors in which the flavors are the savory ones put ideas like this in a bad light. Surely there can be some middle ground to build on. Or are we so accustomed to the sweet fruit dessert type flavors that our tastebuds reject everything else? I admit, dill pickle might actually be a gross tasting vape juice. But there is room for something different.

Yeah it is your dill pickle thread that got me going! Thanks for that. If I ever make a fortune from my commission base because someone took up the idea and creates a massive business from it I will cut you a commission from my commission lol

There needs to be an impetus for gourmet made vegetable, Herb and spice vapes by a vendor who excels at gourmet craft juices that has a mixologist who can consider flavour combinations, sweetness, strength of flavour.

Veg, Herb and spice need to be macerated and not a blend of synthetic ingredients to approximate the flavour. That just doesn't work.

I really think this could work and if I had the expertise, time and resources I would do it myself.

Here are some examples -

Sweetened beetroot mixed with lime and a zing of ginger on the exhale in a light creamy concoction.

It doesn't have to be savoury! It can be sweet!

What about a light cucumber aperitif flavour infused with lemon verbana and a hint of parsley.

Or what about something bready. A bakers crust superbly baked with a burnt crust, dusted with cinnamon, tumeric and paprika.

What about a light avocado cream mixed with berries, a hint of mint and a chilli zing on the exhale.

Or cucumber and celery zest in yoghurt with tumeric.

What about sweet paprika with sweet potato and ginger.

Or creamy fennel with zest of lemon.

Potato and saffron in a creamy base.

How about black bean with sweet corn syrup with thyme.

Or potato and paprika in cream!

I can see myself getting into my third business right now!

Last edited:

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Betel-Leaves.jpg

I would love to see this in a juice. Betel leaf.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Betel-Leaves.jpg

I would love to see this in a juice. Betel leaf.

Not that different from a tobacco leaf which ironically is also a vegetable !

Berries from the betel leaf are very popular in south east Asia where people gnaw on them and get a mild euphoric high from it.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
I have had betel leaf. A lot, during my time in India. Then grew out of it. The betel leaf is not actually much. Its the the ingredients that causes the mild high. And for noobs, dizziness. I was almost knocked out the first time. There is something that they add along with the slaked lime, that causes it. Cant remember it. Starts with the Z. Cant remember the brand as well to google.

It has quite a unique taste. I dont think it would replicate well in a juice. But it would be interesting.

EDIT: Looks like India already has one!!

Paan Masala E-Liquid | White Mist Co.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have had betel leaf. A lot, during my time in India. Then grew out of it. The betel leaf is not actually much. Its the the ingredients that causes the mild high. And for noobs, dizziness. I was almost knocked out the first time. There is something that they add along with the slaked lime, that causes it. Cant remember it. Starts with the Z. Cant remember the brand as well to google.

It has quite a unique taste. I dont think it would replicate well in a juice. But it would be interesting.

EDIT: Looks like India already has one!!

Paan Masala E-Liquid | White Mist Co.

Well it could be macerated like Naturally Extracted Tobacco. Anything that has a herbacious quality could be added to PG, stuck in a cool dark cupboard and then filtered a few months later. The flavours will leech out into the solvent.

My Thai GFs mum eats the betel berries all the time and I know when she is doing it because her mouth and teeth are red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread