Vegetable, Herb and Spice Based Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
An asparagus vape would be good, complete with asparagusic acid to make your urine smell like the vape.
You could have bacon wrapped asparagus.

I was thinking about this all day at work, we were slow. Anthony, in regards to the liver and onions--do you think I should use cold or heated maceration? I was under the impression I could just put everything in a blender and sift out the solids...... but that might be something I don't want to disclose.

Not really. That could be a natural extraction but natural isn't always safe to vape.

I imagine liver and onions extracted like that would not keep. Better to find what chemicals make up the smells and tastes and mix them without the meat.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I was thinking about this all day at work, we were slow. Anthony, in regards to the liver and onions--do you think I should use cold or heated maceration? I was under the impression I could just put everything in a blender and sift out the solids...... but that might be something I don't want to disclose.

I was thinking maybe you could put your humour in a blender and give it a spin and see if it comes out even more sillier :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I was thinking maybe you could put your humour in a blender and give it a spin and see if it comes out even more sillier :)

The awesome thing about you Aussie's is that you can always relate to the American Hill-Billy. One of the greatest Aussie's I've known went by the name Matty the Damned.....a deranged character from a hidden Billabong in the outback. If you ever encounter him, understand he is a stauch supporter for equal rights, as is I. I hope you get enjoyment from these savory flavors you seek.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
The awesome thing about you Aussie's is that you can always relate to the American Hill-Billy. One of the greatest Aussie's I've known went by the name Matty the Damned.....a deranged character from a hidden Billabong in the outback. If you ever encounter him, understand he is a stauch supporter for equal rights, as is I. I hope you get enjoyment from these savory flavors you seek.

Matty the damned would be more concerned with the equal rights of crocodiles and snakes in the billabong. I don't think he would give a brass razoo about equal rights of various interest groups. If he ever came across an LgBTGI he would probably roast it and eat it with a lizard sauce.

On a more serious note - my desires to see gourmet vegetable, spice and herb vapes are not limited to savoury but include sweet as well. In fact most would likely be more suitable in a sweeter flavour profile.

I believe that savoury is a very difficult flavour profile to translate into an enjoyable vape juice outside of tobacco based flavours.

That's why I think there needs to be some lateral thinking with e-juice vendors looking to expand into new genres. The challenge is to look beyond what our flavour palette enjoys when eating food and conceive of traditional savoury foods like vegetable, spice and herb in sweeter renditions.

If you think about it, many vape juices which are considered to be desert vapes may in fact quite easily fit into the V.H.S category. Carrot cake is a good example. It's basically a sweet carrot flavour. What about rhubarb based flavours? Rhubarb is a vegetable.

We already accept bakery vapes and have been vaping them for years. Saffron and tumeric can easily be used in sweeter bakery based vapes.

Sweet cucumber is not something we would ever encounter in real life but in a vape juice it could be superb and translate well.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    What about rhubarb based flavours? Rhubarb is a vegetable.
    Inawera has a great authentic Rhubarb. Quite strong, needing only .2-.5% before it overtakes a recipe, and hard to balance with Strawberry to mimic wifey's pies.

Sweet cucumber is not something we would ever encounter in real life but in a vape juice it could be superb and translate well.
    B'Jeezus, got this as well. Mix up cucumber mint with some creams or yogurt. Yummy.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Matty the damned would be more concerned with the equal rights of crocodiles and snakes in the billabong. I don't think he would give a brass razoo about equal rights of various interest groups. If he ever came across an LgBTGI he would probably roast it and eat it with a lizard sauce.

Bottled lizard sauce, now there's an idea.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Whirling Dervish!

A new to me, weird flavor that is different.

"Forget everything you know about vanilla custard e-liquids. Whirling Dervish by Vape Orenda takes a vanilla cream enriched custard, blends it with exotic spices, then gently tucks notes of honey, fruits, and other aromas into its folds. It’s unlike any vape you’ve ever experienced, stimulating the senses as different subtleties peek out with every puff."

Very unique flavor... It's not bacon, beef, or sushi flavored.. Those "exotic" spices remind me of my aunt's house in backwoods Tennessee. If pet dander and mold is your thing this is a must try!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, I'm going to bet many of the flavors you are seeking, are available SOMEWHERE, but probably not in vape form. I think there is a cucumber, cactus and other somewhat savory flavors but you'd have to search. I have a rhubarb flavor and it is really good, and really NOT sweet, it definitely mimics rhubarb really well.

So, although I think you can extract some teas and some herbs, there are a finite number of things you can safely extract naturally but "meat" isn't among them, and using real meat might wind you up with an unsafe vape that tasted like ROTTING meat, due to the need for things to sit while they're being extracted.

I am somewhat surprised at times what flavors translate AWESOMELY (like rhubarb) and those that don't (at least for me) like strawberry and whatnot. I will say that I've purchased some flavors with a sort of moody reluctance, that have turned out great. So, maybe start expanding your horizons with some of the less "typical" flavors and if you want to look into what you can safely extract, well, nothing wrong with that, really. Just make sure you keep it safe. I would think perhaps some of the manufacturers of the less typical flavors MIGHT be able to advise you as to how to make a flavoring vapable, but it also might require more legwork on your part (although FAR less work than trying to get liver to dissolve into whatever agent, OMG, that sounds AWFUL). And, you don't want, say, maggots as your tanklets, either.

But, best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Pokeroo

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Well, I'm going to bet many of the flavors you are seeking, are available SOMEWHERE, but probably not in vape form. I think there is a cucumber, cactus and other somewhat savory flavors but you'd have to search. I have a rhubarb flavor and it is really good, and really NOT sweet, it definitely mimics rhubarb really well.

So, although I think you can extract some teas and some herbs, there are a finite number of things you can safely extract naturally but "meat" isn't among them, and using real meat might wind you up with an unsafe vape that tasted like ROTTING meat, due to the need for things to sit while they're being extracted.

I am somewhat surprised at times what flavors translate AWESOMELY (like rhubarb) and those that don't (at least for me) like strawberry and whatnot. I will say that I've purchased some flavors with a sort of moody reluctance, that have turned out great. So, maybe start expanding your horizons with some of the less "typical" flavors and if you want to look into what you can safely extract, well, nothing wrong with that, really. Just make sure you keep it safe. I would think perhaps some of the manufacturers of the less typical flavors MIGHT be able to advise you as to how to make a flavoring vapable, but it also might require more legwork on your part (although FAR less work than trying to get liver to dissolve into whatever agent, OMG, that sounds AWFUL). And, you don't want, say, maggots as your tanklets, either.

But, best of luck,

Anna

I never suggested meat. I don't think it translates well at all. Skeebo, my little buddy in the US is being facetious and suggesting bacon and pork and meat vapes lol I was originally inspired to write this post after reading a facetious thread that suggested a whole bunch of not so pleasant sounding vape concoctions including pickled dill.

This thread is not so much about searching out vegetable, Herb and spice flavours but rather evoking possibilities that a good mixologist might consider to revolutionise vape flavour genres!

I know there aren't many out there. Five pawns once had an excellent herb and vegetable based juice called Sixty-Four but they discontinued it. It was one of a kind.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2015
    Fl.
    My son bought some skittles the other day and wanted me to try one. I like skittles so I grabbed a few and tossed them in my mouth and about puked. LOL they had some sort of spice in them, not sure what it was but it made them sweet and hot. Not really my thing, but he loved them as I am sure a lot of people do, so adding some heat to some sweet juices could be a thing!

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)

But, best of luck,

Anna
    Rhubarb makes sense since I associate it with jam --- my mom used to make strawberry rhubarb jam when I was a kid (and ironically, I really don't like strawberry flavors, lol). :)

The_Silhouette

Nov 2, 2017
    USA
    We all know how popular and pervasive fruit based vapes have been over the years but why have vegetables never translated into good vape juices?

While fruits have enjoyed celebrity status and rock star roles selling out crowds, having panties thrown at them by beautiful women and rolling out hit after hit, vegetables have ended up in quiet backwater suburban bars playing throaty renditions out of tune, barely recognised by the beer swilling crowd. Vegetables simply don't enjoy the stardom fruits enjoy in the vape world.

Like 90s music, we are bored of fruit and cake. I've been vaping strawberry for 9 years and all kinds of ridiculous eggy custards and cake batter. I don't even eat cake batter or custard or even strawberries for that matter!

But why don't vendors do more vegetable, herb and spice based? There are as many different species of vegetables as their are fruits and their flavours are just as complex and delicious as fruit.

Savoury vegetable vapes if done right could be a game changer the way custards and yoghurts were. No one quite does them right. They end up being novelty vapes done poorly with synthetic ingredients. Perhaps the best vegetable vape I ever had was the now discontinued Sixty-Four by Five Pawns which had a hint of dill and some cucumber.

I would love to see celery or cucumber based vapes. What about ginger, tumeric, horseradish, paprika, mushrooms? What about chilli? These ingredients done right would make for a great vape. Imagine that slight bite at the end of a vape from chilli, paprika or horseradish. And speaking of, where the hell are our wasabi vapes?

I've got strawberries, peaches and kiwifruit coming out of my ears and custard oozing out of my eyelids. Give me a wasabi vape somebody! Make it a bit sweeter if you must, a sugary wasabi. Let the mind roam! Sweet vegetables are okay for a vape juice. Vape juice vendors are linear in their thinking. They design juices based on how they would taste and if we would like to eat them, but vaping is a four dimensional flavour profile and experience. You can have sweet carrot without it having to be a carrot cake as an example!

What about smashed avocado, taro, peas, snow peas! How good would avocado be!

SAFFRON! It's a crime against humanity that no one has done a saffron vape yet! Creamy saffron with a hint of paprika for me thanks!

Can you imagine a creamy vape with a note of paprika or capsicum or tumeric? Or what about cucumber in yoghurt? How about a refreshing sweeter cucumber and a hint of dill in yoghurt with a spicy ginger zing on the exhale?

Are no vape vendors proficient enough to be doing this?? Are none so adventurous and creative?

What about potato or sweet potato? Sweet potato is sweet like fruit so why can't that be translated into a vape juice? And wouldn't the powdery starchy goodness of a potato translate well into a vape juice?

What about bread?? Imagine a nice crusty loaf of bread in vape form. Yes, with that slightly burnt crust! Why do juice vendors try so hard to make the perfect pie crust in their vape juices and yet you would be more likely to find a penguin in Death Valley than a vape juice designed to taste like the wonderful thick crust on a freshly baked loaf of bread.

If we can do fruits with so much success why not vegetables?

Someone needs to venture into these areas and do it right with organic ingredients. They need to be macerated in much the same way Naturally Extracted Tobacco is macerated. The key is in flavour strength. They need to be subtle and perhaps fused with some other lighter cream based flavours. They will redefine flavour profiles.

If anyone makes a fortune based my comments here please cut me a cheque for a 10% commission. I accept payment by cheque, bitcoin and TRON. You can send me a message for postage details.

If no one does it, I might do it myself!

So with all that said, who's with me on this? Who's screaming from the top of their glazed donut, custard drowned tonsils for more Arthouse vegetable vapes? Who's over peach, custard, guava, grapefruit? Okay I admit I do like guava and grapefruit vapes. I went a bit too far there but let's do this !!

Heck we might as well jump forward and get in early with a whole new genre of vape juice and call it 'VHS' - Vegetable, Herb and Spice vapes.

Also, does anyone know of good vegetable profile vapes that might soothe my poor throat from 9 years of cake batter and synthetic peach flavours? Is anyone actually doing this?

Actually a good bit of those translate really well into flavors. Flavorah Heat adds a warming sensation, and has a hint of a spicy Chile if used high, but it's great for a Warm Smoked Apricot Tobacco. I have found Avocado also makes Custard mixes really smooth and silky, and adds a fatty component that wouldn't otherwise be there. I love the odd flavors, like Lovage Root, Avocado, Wood Spice, Oak, I think they all have their place in complex recipes. As for vegetables, some can add moistness to a mix, but I generally stay away from them. Flavorah Kinako Soy, a Roasted Soybean flavor, adds a rich, Nutty, almost Amaretto like flavor, it's really neat what that one can do for a mix.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Actually a good bit of those translate really well into flavors. Flavorah Heat adds a warming sensation, and has a hint of a spicy Chile if used high, but it's great for a Warm Smoked Apricot Tobacco. I have found Avocado also makes Custard mixes really smooth and silky, and adds a fatty component that wouldn't otherwise be there. I love the odd flavors, like Lovage Root, Avocado, Wood Spice, Oak, I think they all have their place in complex recipes. As for vegetables, some can add moistness to a mix, but I generally stay away from them. Flavorah Kinako Soy, a Roasted Soybean flavor, adds a rich, Nutty, almost Amaretto like flavor, it's really neat what that one can do for a mix.

What about a tumeric latte? I had a tumeric latte for the first time the other day and it was delicious. I think it would translate into a vape juice very well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread