Velocity Style build deck modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
Hi all i did another thread on this a couple of years back .

It was a mod i made to a deck on a Steamcrave Aromamizer

This mod can be Done on most Velocity style decks

the old thread was called " Aromamizer single coil with a twist "
mod 2.jpg
mod 4.jpg
juice holes 1.jpg
juice holes 2.jpg
deck nod post moved.jpg
mod 5.jpg
Para Clappy 2.jpg
mod 8.jpg
Single Parallel Clapton.jpg
mod 9.jpg

The velocity deck in this atty and most other velocity style bottom feed decks can be modded in this way for a single coil if the + post is removed and swung around 90 degrees .

On this particular deck i drilled an extra hole and covered 2 of the existing holes under the new post position to prevent the deck from flooding .you could just stuff the holes under the new +post position with some spare wick just to blank them off. Or even play around at wicking under the post for some extra juice flow .

Later on i enlarged the juice holes as big as i could go without compromising the deck to much just used some small drill bits and moved up size each time until the required size was achieved .

On the original Velocity RDA this is not needed just drip plenty of juice to keep the wick well fed.

As tanks and attys get bigger and bigger so can the diameter of the coils used going back a couple of years when i first did this modd a 6mm inside diameter coil was pretty much unheard of .

Now with all the new wires and crazy builds that have been done this modd can produce some pretty good vapor and flavor .

Have fun and enjoy a good single coil build in most of the velocity style tanks and RDA's that have the removable + Post

Keith

Last edited:

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
On the previous thread i was asked what the best way to remove the + Post was

and i explained that if you have an atty spacer or heat sink with a solid center pin not a sprung loaded center pin

you can loosen the center pin screw on your atty a turn or 2 and then screw it down onto the heatsink etc or your fixed pin adapter and this will push the post up like a press from below

just do this a turn or so at a time so you dont damage the center pin or thread on your atty .

the first time or so removing the + post it is very tight but will get easier after a couple of times but but not loose enough to cause any leak problems etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread