Vendors with genuine 510 hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I emailed with the director for US sales and the messages were CCd to two other Joye employees. In my estimation, Joye has tried to clear it up as quickly as possible. They've emailed vendors, they've posted on their site and they've answered my inquires very quickly. In every case their answer has been "these aren't made by us."

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
The band size isn't an indicator. There are thin band and wide band configurations out of joyetech. In wide band there are white, black, gold and black versions sold as Titan, Yeti, Scorpion and etc.. The main differences are in the bridge, the washer and the barrel diameter.

ahh i see , that makes sense. Well like i said , i'll take some pictures of the atomizer bridge on the inside when i get home so you can have a look see , because they don't really look like the pictures in this thread

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
ahh i see , that makes sense. Well like i said , i'll take some pictures of the atomizer bridge on the inside when i get home so you can have a look see , because they don't really look like the pictures in this thread

Good deal. More data is always good. It's likely that the differences you're seeing are just variations that are within the design tolerances for the device. The defining quality of the non-Joye atomizers in question is the white washer at the base of the bridge, the fact that the bridge is higher than a normal 510 and the fact that standard 510 carts don't fit on it correctly.

But be aware that counterfeiting is rampant in China. It's very possible that there's more than one 510 copy floating around out there.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
But be aware that counterfeiting is rampant in China.

i don't know what you are talking about...

2vijipf.jpg

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
The "great place" Ft Hood
I just rcvd new 510 from Innovapor and I have real atomizers per the pic that was posted:)

i got my kit from IV on Monday and one of my 4 apparently knock off attys is already kaput only after one day. this morning i got nothing and had to switch to #2, if they all go bad i just hope IV gets me good replacements!

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Here's a better link.

I believe someone said that the carts that fit these had foil caps rather than the standard plastic nibs? If that's the case, then we have our confirmation. They're actually J-510s, not Joye510s.

Yeah that was me. Shawn at Litecig USA is selling this JOYE510 variant. He is honest about it not being a JOYE510 as he says on his webpage that this model is meant to COMPETE with the Joye510, JantyDura, Titan ,Yeti etc... I asked him if all of my Joye 510 accessories would be compatible with this and vice versa, he told me yes(which I'm sure in most circumstances is true) But the picture on his website is the Exact same picture as the weblink you referenced. It might be a good idea to get ahold of him and ask him exactly what the atomizers that come with his kits look like. Currently he is out of stock on his kits, but he might remember.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Yeah that was me. Shawn at Litecig USA is selling this JOYE510 variant. He is honest about it not being a JOYE510 as he says on his webpage that this model is meant to COMPETE with the Joye510, JantyDura, Titan ,Yeti etc... I asked him if all of my Joye 510 accessories would be compatible with this and vice versa, he told me yes(which I'm sure in most circumstances is true) But the picture on his website is the Exact same picture as the weblink you referenced. It might be a good idea to get ahold of him and ask him exactly what the atomizers that come with his kits look like. Currently he is out of stock on his kits, but he might remember.

I contacted Shawn a few days ago about this and he told me that he had used some normal Joye carts with his version of the 510, but he wanted to do some more testing before he stated that it is completely compatible with a Joye 510. He is out of stock will more arriving soon and I'm sure he will let us know what he finds out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread