VG & Boge Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordpeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
St. Louis
I have found that I absolutely love Boge LR 510 cartos. They are the most consistantly awesome things I have ever tried. That being said after ordering some thicker juice I have found that I now can just barely get a full day out of a carto (2 to 3 fill ups) before they are really hard to draw on. Is this normal or am I the victim of user error? There must be a way to make BWB Casablanca work in a boge carto for more than a day. I would love everyone's input. I thought I had finally found my all day vape and hardware setup...I really hate that I might have to go back to the drawing board...

Thanks!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm running bwb casablanca in a boge 2.0 ohm carto today. It is, however, on my little old goat bottom feeder. It has been working fine.

I have a few juices that don't soak in to the boge very well (AVE bobas bounty for instance), but the juice box keeps them wet no matter what juice I use.

The other cartos I'm fond of are the dual coils. BWB juices and AV juices soak in to them just fine. there are several places you can buy single DC cartos. You might give the DCs a try with your BWB Casablanca to see if it will suit you.

lordpeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
St. Louis
Thanks for the reply Six. I have a DC I will have to try out tonight to see if it fairs any better. I dont really have a problem keeping them wet it just seems that the draw is really tight after about 2 ml. I use a syringe and fill from the bottom up to make sure I am really getting it full and not dry burning anything. I will try out a DC tonight. I want to try to dilute it with some unflavored PG but I really dont want to lose that amazing Casablanca taste haha.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I really dont want to lose that amazing Casablanca taste haha.

Some people really seem to like that one. I'm way more fond of applewood and their maple tobacco, but the casablanca is a nice change of pace now and again. The taste of cocoa on the exhale is interesting.

I haven't really had any trouble with the casablanca plugging up the boge. The carto I have on right now has gone through about 7 ml of casablanca and is so far A-OK. -- Some people boil these boge cartos when they start losing performance and I've read that the filler is more absorbent after being cleaned that way. It might be worth a try.

lordpeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
St. Louis
Weird I wonder what I am doing wrong. Yesterday I filled up a carto with Casa and it was great until the evening. I was having to draw on it until the cut off on my riva, which I never vape that long. But for some reason I could not get a lot of vapor out of it. Anyways this morning I filled up another brand new carto with bwb Hunters Blend and I am experiencing the same thing this afternoon. The draw is just so tight I have to suck on it for so long to feel like I am getting a satisfying hit. All my threads are cleaned, I havent flooded the carto and she is not dry burning. I must be doing something wrong...

wickedartglass

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Missouri
I had this same problem with mine.
I used a brownie liquid in it and it clogged after using it only 1 day.
So I loaded 2 others with a thinner liquid to see if it was the carto or if it was from using the thicker liquid.
The other cartos are still working fine after almost a week.
So I just figured it was the thicker dark liquid.
I really wish I could use these with my brownie liquid be cause the chocolates are my favorite to vape:(
So I decided to use a atty for the chocolate liquid and thinner liquids in the cartos.
Hugs.

meems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2010
Ohio
I've been having a very similar issue with my juice/cartos, only it doesn't get a tight draw, it get an ~ick~ taste...the juice is not very dark..but I never get a full day of carto use with this juice. (not the same vendor you mentioned) I am in testing phase with a different juice vendor to see if that helps.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Dark juices will do this to your carto's/Atty's compared to clearer juices ! If your running a really thick VG like I do it will help to just put a drop of PG or distilled water in a small amount of the juice your going to fill the carto with, I don't like to do this but it really will help to thin it out just a real little bit. I did an experiment with this with a couple different Carto's/Attys and a 100% VG compared to even a 90-95% VG makes a huge difference in performance of Carto's/Atty's getting clogged or not getting clogged.!

lordpeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
St. Louis
This thread looks like something you should read.

Thanks Six! I just saw this before leaving work and I am going to try it now. I think the part where they talk about the little airholes in the threads being clogged is my problem. We will see but that is my assumption at the moment. I believe that the eGo style battery and me screwing the carto too tightly into it is the problem. I am going to try the "centerpost slide" right now and see if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread