VG & Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordpeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
St. Louis
I am in love with Boge LR 510 cartos. They work great with an 80pg/20vg blend or even a 70/30 blend but my problem is with straight VG liquid. I recently bought some BWB casablanca and only got just under a day of use out of a Boge before the draw became really tight. Now I could be completely wrong in my thinking that BWB is 100% VG, but either way it seems to be a lot thicker than most stuff I have come across. Is there some way to get more use out of a boge carto with a thicker liquid or am I just the victim of user error haha?

Thanks!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
You could thin it with water or alcohol or PG etc. That has benefits and negatives.

Another route is to remove the main, outer filler in the carto. I use a small kitchen skewer to tease it out, any thin pointed tool will do, some use tweezers. The outer filler is a concentric wrap, like a Swiss roll. You can carefully remove it. The inner wrap should be teased back down around the coil, if displaced. Then, place a drip tip in the top of the carto.

You can drip direct or down through the tip. There is about 25% more vapor by this route, and you should find that thicker liquids work better. You can drip a lot more in than with a cart (cartridge + atty), but there comes a limit where it will leak.

The airflow is a bit more free with this method. It may help to restrict it, to increase the vapor, by obstructing the airways at the bottom of the carto with the fingers when inhaling, or even with some tape.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
My main vape is one of my VG DIY juices with a Boge carto, either 2.4 ohm or 3.2 ohm. For cartos, I make my juices about 12 % distilled water and 10% flavor. If I lower the flavor %, I raise the water %. In general, my flavor% + water% = 22%, and this seems to flow and wick well in a Boge without any carto modification. I remove the cap and use a drip tip for topping off.

I have found that clogs in Boge cartos are in general not caused by thick juices. Thickness can slow wicking and make for burnt taste if the coil is not getting wet enough, but most clogs I find are due to the the center air channel getting colapsed, or else the centerpost of in the center of the threaded end getting pushed up too much which blocks the side air holes. this happens even with well-thinned juices. If Roly's good suggestions (gotta try that one, Roly!) do not work for you, take a look at this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...clogging-boge-cartos-sharp-needle-method.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread