Status
Not open for further replies.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I have no factual data to support this but in mid school I learned that alcohol would boil at 70C which was what distillation would do to separate water from alcohol.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Yep according to the wiki it is 78C or 173F.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Hey guys....I will be posting some pics up later.... But I had hands on time with the temp control J chip and a lot of discussions over the last 2 days.

For example I set it to 10 Joules and 500F and it never exceeded 300F. On the other hand I set it to 50 joules and 400F and temp control kicked in. The scheme is within 10% I believe of the set temp. Refinements are yet to be made via software but we spent considerable time with $10k FLIR and firing it and its accurate. What you see when it tries to exceed the temp is the actual temp reading fluctuating and not the power setting. WHats actually happening is its rapidly chopping the power to maintain temp. Confirmed through discussion and many scratch pad sketches. Its still DC-DC but based on coil temp it will cycle the power as needed to hold the temp. They just chose to display actual temp readings.

that unit at that calibration might have been accurate. but every unit is arbitrarily calibrated by the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread