quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
Guys
nutritional data on VG

Nutritional Data: Calories (per 100 grams) 432

Converts into glucose in the lungs when we vape it.

I wonder how many calories per puff?

1? 3? more less?

We had better puff while running on the treadmill !!

More vapor at the expense of putting on weight?

I wonder if calories are metabolized through the lungs ?

Food for thought...ummmm??:confused::shock:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
yeah-crazy stuff! This would be a good time for an expert to chime in and answer this-Ill be waiting to see what they would say...Looks like if it WILL add alot of calories, Ill be PG only!

Ok now lets see how much cappellas Chocolate flavors add to the calorie count :evil:

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It should be negligible. 1 gram of water is equal to 1 ml. VG is much more dense, but I wouldn't think it would equate to enough to add more than 30 calories tops, per day (and that would be for a seriously heavy vaper). Then you have to consider the amount that you blow out, which is not consumed.

I have an old bottle of Glycerin here that says 25 calories for 5ml (1 teaspoon).

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
It should be negligible. 1 gram of water is equal to 1 ml. VG is much more dense, but I wouldn't think it would equate to enough to add more than 30 calories tops, per day (and that would be for a seriously heavy vaper). Then you have to consider the amount that you blow out, which is not consumed.

I have an old bottle of Glycerin here that says 25 calories for 5ml (1 teaspoon).

I will ask a doctor if calories can be metabolized (count), through the alveolar structures of our lungs...

I have a feeling they can't...

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
The comment on VG calories being negligible is on target.

At approx. 4 calories/gram, the energy density is similar to sugars, carbohydrates, and proteins.

Or if you vape 3 mL of a 50% VG liquid daily, you have an upper limit of about 2400 calories per year.. and whoever said most of it gets blown out as exhaled vapor is quite correct.

But if you could convert the entire VG content of the above example into energy in the body, over the course of a year, you'd have the potential to gain 10 ounces of weight.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA

You're right RP, it's just a matter of cutting a couple cookies out of your diet. But supposedly neither VG or PG adds to your blood sugar level, which is good news. I am of the opinion the available 'sugar' is absorbed in your mouth moreso than the lungs, and it would be minuscule in a puff of vapor. When we exhale we are expelling almost the same amount of vapor we take in, seems to me. There may be a little loss to condensation but I wouldn't think all that much. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread