Virgin Vapors...some good, some bad like everyone elses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I have sensitive tastebuds as well. And VV is one of few vendors I CAN use.

My feeling is most of the juice vendors have all this sweet bakery and candy stuff....I don't want that.

The Absolute line has no alcohol, so it works for me. The organic fruits are just like the fruit itself, jiuicy watermelon or wild watermelon tastes like I took them right out of the garden.! I've tried many other watermelons from many other mixers, not even close.

As for the chocolate, chocolate in general seems to be a tough flavor to reproduce, I haven't found any vendors who do it welll yet......but I mix Death by Chocolate w/other stuff, never alone, so it works great for me. ! It's that true dark high cacao chocolate that I love so much, like what the finer chocolateers make....not cheap hersheys. :)

Lime tastes just like you licked a lime. The fruits are pretty much perfect to me so far, esp. the Absolute line.

The problem with sweetners is that most of the vendors use artifical sweetner, splenda, etc. and to me that is just another chemical.....not interested.

Alcohol can be steeped out. What can't be steeped out is the chemical and perfumey taste I get from many other vendors.....I just throw it out.

I haven't tried RAWR yet for fruit flavors, but if the stuff tastes like confectionary fruit, ugh.

I think when you go for a jiuce with NO artifical colorings, sweetners, flavors, additives, etc. that is what you get. I eat mostly health food and people think the breads and peanut butters and stuff I eat tastes awful......THAT is because they are used to all the sugar n' such in their food. to me, it all tastes..............wonderful. :)

I agree, it's a matter of what we're used to and what we perceive to be the real deal. I've had a truly delicious cake called Death by Chocolate at a restaurant once....I mean I thought I died and went to dessert heaven LOL because it was just the right amount of sweet and bitter chocolate (real and not cheap hershey's :p) with perfect moistness..., omg I'm drooling just thinking of that dessert ...sigh. So I expected that taste when I vaped the flavor by the same name but it was bitter disappointment ;) I had only tried this vape alone and not mixed with other flavors so I'll have to keep experiementing with it. In general, after steeping for many weeks, most of VV flavors are quite good. In fact, I'd love it if ALL vape flavors from every vendor did not have artificial ingredients! [As an aside, I have a BIG bottle of organic all natural ejuice called Zebra (and a few other flavors) from a different vendor which are only a few months old and they look like black tar now. They came in a plastic bottles and I'm wondering if something tainted the liquid or the plastic leached...so I'm throwing it all out LOL and won't be re-ordering from that vendor.]
Most vendors have a few liquids that I like or love, then when I reorder other/new flavors I get disappointed, but that seems to be the way of it all the time, every vendor. They can't please everybody all the time right!
Now I'm curious about the Absolute fruits...maybe I'll have to order another couple sample packs. Watermelon from the garden! omg I love watermelon but have not tried that flavor from anywhere yet. How long do you steep the fruit flavors before they're "ready?" What's the best delivery device for acidic fruits? ...I've cracked a few clearos vaping some lemon-lime etc. that I DIY'd LOL
I'm especially curious about the new Tobacco line:drool:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
organic vanilla latte is awesome right out of the mailbox!

right out of the box :ohmy::drool: I'll have to try it. What else, if any, are good right away? The one's I've ordered had to steep several weeks or longer for the flavor to develop! Understandable since they are made fresh and most liquids seem to need steep time right? ... wait...the 12mg sample packs are premixed, therefore presteeped?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hot buttered rum is still too nasty for me,,looks like its going in the trash if it is no better the next time i try it,,

not lookin too good either after 6 months

Put it in Treasure Chest. There are a lot of members who would love some free juice. :)

I always feel badly about the amount of juice that must get dumped down the sink. It cost $$, may as well pass it on so it's not a total waste. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'd love it if ALL vape flavors from every vendor did not have artificial ingredients

With all due respect, S4A, there are only a handful of flavor manufacturers, and understand that ALL juice vendors are using them.

One could also argue that there's nothing 'natural' about making flavorings, I mean, you are taking an orange, extracting it in some kind of base, and making a concentrate. It's a laboratory process, it's not like squeezing a fresh orange into your atty to vape. :)

I used to mess around quite a bit with Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils. Gary Young controls the process from seed to seal, meaning from the farm where the plants are grown to the bottles of final product. The distillations from plants is an interesting process.

It's still not the same as when I grab a leaf off my aloe plant on the windowsill, break it open, and run it on my arm.

What I want to avoid in juice is dye, coloring, preservatives, diacetyls, etc. However, I don't eat any processed food (at all) so it seems that most people could probably get away with quite a lot of stuff in their ejuice, since they are eating that way every day.

I'm fully aware that drinking a coca cola or eating a pizza crust is not going to kill anybody though.

Last edited:

DesertHogRider

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Southern Arizona, USA
I absolutely agree with you Racehorse! That is what led me to Virgin Vapor...certified organic, all VG & glass bottles. i don't care much where the rest of my e-cig stuff come from but I give a damn about the juice going into my body.

I just found them, I bought 2, 3 bottle sample packs. I just placed another order for 11 more & 2 1 0z bottles that we liked in the first order. I am incredibly impressed with her philosophies & the great pain they take to ensure safety, quality & pleasure!
* Best Damn Tobacco-WOW she nailed that one. I have tried soooo many different tobacco flavors from my local shop...this new flavor is my keeper.
* Naked Vanilla- The vanilla flavor is described as mild. Smells heavenly...a little mild out of the gate. I am steeping this one to retry later.
* Snake bite- Absolutely undescribable, delightfully strange...I like this one right out of the gate.

My hubby gravitates towards minty as he is a former menthol smoker...me not so much
* Wintergreen-YUM right off. This was delicious & he lost it to me.
* Peppermint Chill- I am not a peppermint girl but this was spot on candycane! delicious!
* Spearmint Kiss-We had an issue on this juice...i am awaiting a reply...something went wrong in blending I think.

Of what i have tried so far I am very impressed & can not wait to get my next order....11 more flavors to try :D

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
I have tried about fifteen VV flavors now and there was only one (thai mango- to me tasted like pine needles) that I didn't care for. Pretty good odds, I'd say. Other than the thai mango that i straight up did not like, I found all of them totally vapable. Most of the samplers I've tried I've ordered in full ounce bottles. The samplers that I liked but didn't order were blueberry maple syrup (it was really yummy but the maple flavoring gums up cartos really fast), peach & peach vanilla (yummy, but just not on my all-day vape list), and the two watermelons (also both really yummy but I color code my tanks and liked hawaiian white guava better for my pink tank).

My stellar off-the-charts list of VV flavors is:

Plum Crazy (#1 with a bullet)
Hawaiian White Guava
Bella Amaretto
Kona Velvet Milkshake
Kona Coffee Milkshake
Cotton Candy
Original Sin + Creme Caramel (caramel apple)
Root Beer Float (OMG SO GOOD)
Black Cherry Marshmallow (so so good, true flavor- I swear you can feel the powdered sugar on your tongue!)
Buttercream Mint

I have two bottles of Plum Crazy on the way and a half ounce of Kona Caramel Milkshake... plus three Absolute Virgin samplers (celestial honeydew, hunger of persephone/pomegranate, and pineapple party animal)

So happy happy happy... there is a thread for Virgin Vapors... Can't wait to hear reviews on the different flavors and I will do the same.
My first order was the Kona Coffee milkshake. Being new to vaping and having tried juice from two shops in Minnesota.... Anything better was an awesome experience. The Kona has more a coffee flavor to me than any milkshake. I don't taste milkshake. I vaped it all quickly and now waiting for another order... This time I ordered Kona again and than Pineapple Surprise and Sweet Summer Lemonade. I asked for extra favor (supposed to be free) in everything except the Kona. Didn't dare chance not liking it... when its been the only ejuice that I actually like. I liked the death by chocolate somewhat when added with a vanilla cappuccino juice I have... than I spilled the whole bottle and gone was my juice. I have lemon chiffon sampler to try but finding after priming a carto... it doesn't leave much juice for vaping. Maybe get smaller cartos for sampling?

i have very sensitive taste buds as well and i have found that her juices aren't as sweet as what i expected, ie not sweet at all. mmmm but other wise i enjoy them, i wish they had some more sweetness to them though.
Have you requested any extra flavor with your orders? I haven't and wonder if it adds more flavor and sweetness

The Kona Velvet Milkshake is one of my all day vapes. It is so smooth, creamy, and flavorful.

I love the glass bottles with the dropper top also. I bought a few empty ones to mix or dilute some of my juices.
I have been vaping the Kona Coffee Milkshake. Have you tried that one and if yes... what are your thoughts on difference with the Kona Velvet Milkshake? Do you order extra flavor with VV juices?

Just got
Naked Vanilla
Georgia Gold
Celestial Honeydew
Singing the Blues (blueberries)
Added some Naked Vanilla to my Kona Coffee milkshake and I liked it. Did not like the Vanilla Kiss I had ordered previously, but this mixed flavor wise with the Kona.
I am now trying the Georgia Gold. It has a wonderful peach aroma. Now vaping and its reminding of when I smoked Marlboro Gold. Not sure if I forgot what they taste like after two weeks of vaping... but I must say... its satisfying my wants to just try an analog again. It actually tastes better than the analogs I smoked for years. It has tobacco flavor but the added peach is not overpowering and it doesn't give me that horrible taste in my mouth that my analogs used to. I know my opinion is subjective as everyone has different tastes... I taste more of the tobacco flavor with a hint of peach. I got the Georgia Gold in a sampler pack which I think automatically has extra flavor in it.

thm3

Aug 17, 2012
Cardiff
I've been vaping a sample of VV Turkish Coffee. I drink espresso and strong, black filter coffee and I've been on a search for a coffee vape that, y'know, actually tasted of coffee. My search goes on. This was advertised as super-strong 'rocket-fuel' and a number of comments on forums seemed to ratify this. It smells sort of like Amaretto coffee, which would have been nice enough as far as I'm concerned. But it really doesn't taste of anything much to me. Certainly it's 'strong' and 'dry' to the palette but not of coffee! Now I must confess that I'm basing this on how it tastes without more than a few days' steeping, so I don't expect it to be super full and rich at this point, but I would at least expect to be able to taste the rudiments of its potential! Funnily enough, the best coffee vape I have had was Green Smoke's bog-standard coffee flavour, back when I was using prefilled cartos.

Has anyone else, preferably who shares my taste for strong coffee, tried this juice and would they recommend I give it a chance with some more steeping? I don't know whether to order a full bottle a month in advance of my needing it or not.

Last edited:

SunnyHours

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
After trying many juices I didn't like (because of PG I think). I finally tried Virgin Vapors, and so far it's the only juice I can vape.
Original Sin (love the slight tartiness) and Peach perfect are my favorites so far...haven't been impressed with her baking flavors though, probably need to revisit them though after steeping...
Hoping HHV is as good for tobacco flavors as Virgin Vapors' fruit flavors

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
I just received a bottle of Kona Coffee Milkshake earlier this week, but it smells so...strong. I'm letting it steep for a bit because at this point I can't imagine vaping it. I love the white cherry crush and the vanilla blackberry swirl. I sampled a bunch of others but those are the only two I'd probably order again.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I prefer tobacco eliquids most of the time but sometimes I just have to have a desert vape! So, during the recent sale, I reordered big bottles of Choc. Cake, Choc. Chip Cookies, Kona Velvet Milkshake that I tried last year (which I had to let steep a long, long time before I loved them.) Also on this order I got Cotton Candy which is new to me.
I have found that aging or steeping works best-- and happens quicker-- when I transfer some to small 10 ml bottles. I don't heat them or use ultrasonic waves etc. like some people do to speed up the process. (Time and patience is what I have.) The small bottles develop a deeper, richer taste at a faster rate than the big bottles though, so I maybe I'm not as patient or have less time? lol
I've only had them a few weeks and have been dripping and taste testing every few days and I can tell that they'll all be excellent very soon:)
Kudos VV:toast:

whyzer

Nov 17, 2013
Queens,NY
I suppose all juice reviews are subjective so IMO VV Kona coffee milkshake is ok but I thought the flavor was somewhat muted,the vanilla was a complete failure it had very little flavor at all BUT their Maple French Toast is wonderful...plenty of flavor,nice th for an all vg.I would recommend this to anyone as a great dessert vape !!! DEEEElicious:2c:

whyzer

Nov 17, 2013
Queens,NY
I'm a big fan of organic and VV and I have at least tried half of their line. I steep all my juice but some are great right out of the mailbox.
May be its just me,I'm a tobacco guy after smoking for 50 years, but I find the Best Damn Tobacco to be a complete fail. It has a citrus undertone and lacks any tobacco flavor at all. Just curious,were you a longtime smoker? I wonder what other cigarette flavor peeps think of this juice.:p

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I'm a big fan of organic and VV and I have at least tried half of their line. I steep all my juice but some are great right out of the mailbox.
May be its just me,I'm a tobacco guy after smoking for 50 years, but I find the Best Damn Tobacco to be a complete fail. It has a citrus undertone and lacks any tobacco flavor at all. Just curious,were you a longtime smoker? I wonder what other cigarette flavor peeps think of this juice.:p

Which are great right out of the mailbox?
I haven't tried the BDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread