Virgin Vapors...some good, some bad like everyone elses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
My all day vape is drunken pirate pudding, soooo good. Looking to place an order I want to try the piña colada and orange creamcicle. Any one have any other suggestions?

I now like the drunken pirate pudding too but not all day lol. Some of my latest dozen samples that I bought in November are tasting pretty good. At first, right out of the mail, they all are strong-smelling and I have to let them sit around a month or two. Haven't tried pina colada. Orange creamcicle, orange soda pop, lemon chiffon and root beer float are all good when you want that "kick" that soda and citrus flavors have.

Strawberry shortcake is another authentic flavor, as is pecan pie if you're looking for desserts:) I'm still working on others because, according to the way they smell to me, need more time before I try them again.

Last edited:

CosmicCatalyst

Dec 31, 2013
Evansville, IN
Just started trying an order I received from VV today. Only been steeping 3 days but so far the peppermint chill is the winner of the bunch. The double espresso sounded promising, but the first tank I tried had almost no flavor and a weird harsh TH. The Caramel Kona Milkshake smells sooo good, but I don't think it has steeped long enough. The flavor is still muted, I have to really try to taste it. The peppermint chill is great at this point. Maybe its just in my mind I'm associating peppermint with candy, but its kind of sweet. The peppermint flavor is just strong enough to taste but not be overwhelming.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I just tried Original Sin after 11 days steeping and it tastes like hair conditioner. Seriously, if you've ever had a bit of conditioner hit your mouth in the shower, that's the taste. It smells lovely, just like green apple jolly ranchers but it has no apple flavor.

Maybe in another 3 months it'll be vapable, but it hardly seems like a wise business strategy to sell e-liquids that need such a long steep to develop a decent flavor. I have 4 more flavors to try but I'll wait until the 4 week mark to try them.

I doubt they'll post my review on their site. :(

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
My last order from 3 months ago have all steeped long enough and they taste true to their name. Problem is-- they are too watery! I'll have to use my 100%VG nic base to thicken them up a lot. I have DIY flavors that I can match up with most of the VV e-liquids that I' bought to bring the flavor back. I'll probably stick with DIY from now on though.

Angiebubs

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2013
Amery, WI
I got the kona coffee milkshake from them, and i guess i have to let it steep more. To me it has kinda a alcohol taste to it... How long do u let urs steep?

Kona Coffee Milkshake is one of my top ever flavors. But I dont vape it for at least 2 weeks-then a sweetness comes out of hiding.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Kona Coffee Milkshake is one of my top ever flavors. But I dont vape it for at least 2 weeks-then a sweetness comes out of hiding.

Plum Crazy, Celestial Honeydew and Buttercream Mint-some of my favorite VVs, are great fresh out of the bottle

Cool that you can vape right away Angie! I've not tried the honeydew. I think the Choc Chip Cookie, Kona Velvet Milkshake and choc cake are all good. It's funny how I have to let them age a few months before they are great for me. I used to remember them not being quite so thin. I've always gotten 100% VG but this last order seems to be mostly distilled water. Not sure what's up with that.~ shrugs~ but the tastes are accurate.

erazzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
New Mexico
I'll go ahead and review the 3 I've tried so far.

I will start by saying, this is the first time I've bought from an online site and liked all the flavors I bought. 3/3 flavors taste exactly as described, I applaud them for that. Many other sites I always get at least one or 2 flavors I dislike or don't taste as described. They are now sold at my local B&M so I buy them at the local shop now.

Butter Cream Mint:
Not good fresh out of the mail. Even after I let it air out overnight, still not good. Thought it was done for, let it steep for 2 weeks. Randomly picked it up one day and BAM! Flavor! It is sweet with a slight butter taste. The mint is there, it isn't a blow your hair back menthol, but it is smooth and light mint. Tastes like the candies, but steeping was 100% necessary. =)

In Vino Veritas: I've been really tempted to try this one for awhile. I love wine and champagne, but I hardly ever drink, so this seemed like a good way to enjoy a flavor I love. Went to the B&M for this one, they let me smell it in the store. WOAAAAAH! This stuff smells STRONG! Smells just like white wine, it's just overwhelming. I was afraid it would taste as strong as it smells. Read some reviews, turns out this one doesn't have alcohol in it no matter which line you buy it from. It also doesn't need to steep. I filled up a tank and gave it a go. To my surprise, it tastes like wine! It literally has that tart wine taste, I don't know how they did it. Sweet when you crank up the volts, bitter on lower volts. The flavor is as strong as other VV flavors, it isn't overpowering like I thought it would be. I must say bravo, never had an alcohol beverage flavor that actually tasted like that real thing! Would make a great fruit flavor mixer too.

Vanilla Blackberry Swirl: This is my favorite so far. It is sweet like cream but tastes like blackberries as well. Actual blackberries, not the fake cough syrup flavor. Needs to steep to get the full flavor, but not bad fresh either.

I am a serious real chocolate lover but have not found any chocolate vapes that I like, same with coffee vapes they seem to have a bitter aftertaste... I tend to stick with the fruity and sweeter flavors.
Again, probably just a preference thing though.
I had the same problem with chocolate vapes... until I tried Belgian Cocoa from Halo. It tastes like hot cocoa made from actual chocolate in a pot. It's not too sweet, not too bitter, and certainly worth a try. Vape on! :vapor:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I had the same problem with chocolate vapes... until I tried Belgian Cocoa from Halo. It tastes like hot cocoa made from actual chocolate in a pot. It's not too sweet, not too bitter, and certainly worth a try. Vape on! :vapor:

I've heard some other people say BC is good but since I mainly vape 100% VG and Halo uses PG, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that one:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread