Vision Eternity Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I understand the need for a 'screening' area for new members, but lots of times I have questions that fall in line with existing threads, and it's frustrating to not be able to just contribute or follow along with that already going conversation. (steps down from soapbox)

Anyway, I was doing some searching around, and couldn't find anything on this. I recently got a Vision Eternity RBA, and I'm quite happy with it so far. Local shop here sells the pre-wound wick/coil assemblies, so I chose it because of the convenience of if I don't feel like wrapping my own, I can just pop in and grab one.

My only concern with it, is that it gets very hot while vaping. Like cooking my lips if I hit the base of the drip tip with them hot. It's done it since the beginning, and nothing seems to change it to not do it. Different battery, lower/higher voltage, new/used wick.. it gets hot after a few seconds of vaping. Seems to be worse if I've just recently added more juice to it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a problem, or just in it's nature?

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
I have a few eternities and I havent used them in a while but I remember them getting hot. After seeing this thread I decided to try one again, after about 10 puffs the body did get kind of hot but nothing that I would be worried about. Its not shorting out or anyting I just think that it is the vapor and coil heating it up. However if yours is getting really hot like buring hot within a few seconds then there is probabaly something wrong

r_d_v

Jan 17, 2013
usa
I have A couple of these on their way to me , I have seen some youtube reviews in favor of them and some not so much in favor of them ! I hope they work out for me , First rba's I have purchased wanting to get an idea of what this dripping thing is all about . Some of the reviews did mention them getting pretty warm when chain vaped but most of the reasons they didn't like them was because of leaking issues . I would be glad to hear more from those that have them in regards to any and all concerns , Tips , And tricks .

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I’m still messing with mine. I picked one up about a month ago or so but never got around to using it since I had a Phoenix v3 and some AGA-T2's I’ve been playing with. I'm not getting the leaking issue that some people are... I think the leaking some are getting is because the instructions say you’re supposed to be able to put 40 drops in it. I will only put 30 max and so far have had no issues with leaking. The unit does get warm when vaping, but not hot enough to burn my lips. I've never really been a big fan of metal drip tips (other than the look of them) since they get hot and cold with the device function and also the weather outside.

One think I’m noticing is the muted flavor on it. Vision's silica has changed over the past few months I think, not sure what the deal is. Older vivi novas and clearos seemed to have better taste a few month ago then they do now… but this could just be because my taste has started coming back more and more the longer it’s been since I’ve smoked cigarettes. The taste doesn’t even come close to my Phoenix v3 with the standard silica wick it comes with (and I can buy 2-3 Phoenix v3 for the price of this eternity).

I’m not super impressed with it so far, but I’m gonna give it the old collage try and see where it takes me. Sometimes after a few days of heavy vaping silica will taste better once it get’s broken in. Plus I’m gonna try out some recoiling of my own and see where it takes me.

They seem to be marketing this unit to first time rebuilder’s of the RBA world… most true dripping fans and RBA fans wouldn’t even touch this and consider it a toy for newbie’s. That’s too bad because I think it will turn people off to the rebuildable atomizer world if this happens to be there first choice. This thing is far harder to recoil and maintain than a Phoenix is, even with the spare coils\wicks it comes with.

So, if this is anyone’s first rebuildable and your not liking it don’t let that deture you. Pick up a Phoenix for cheap and give that a shot. You will need to get a small screw driver, some coil, and wick though. But there’s so many videos online for how to set a Phoenix up that’s you’ll be fine.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I have a Vision Eternity and agree with what you wrote. I found it to be far from satisfactory and wish I had not spent the money on it. Have read several reports of loose posts causing problems. The draw was not to my liking either. I think there are far better products on the market for the same, or less, money.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I hope it's OK to tack on my question to this thread. I've been watching the youtube videos on the Vision eternity and I'm thinking of getting one. But, I'm not a fan of metal drip tips. None of the vids I've watched address this. Will any other drip tip fit or are you limited to the one that comes with it?

Topher36

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Gordon, GA
I hope it's OK to tack on my question to this thread. I've been watching the youtube videos on the Vision eternity and I'm thinking of getting one. But, I'm not a fan of metal drip tips. None of the vids I've watched address this. Will any other drip tip fit or are you limited to the one that comes with it?

My wife has one and the vast 510 drip tips we have fit on it. Funny thing is that the tip off the eternity wont fit anything else. But you are not limited to just that one tip.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was thinking about getting one if those since I have been dripping like crazy with my Hebel V3. Mine gets pretty warm and I'll tell you the main reason.

It's chrome plated brass!! Brass by itself doesn't dissipate heat well and when you chrome plate it it will hold in even more heat. The Kanger pro does the same thing.

I may be looking at the AGI or the IGO-L. For some reason I think in done investing into plastic and cheap chrome and going with glass and SS.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I'm not worried about the heat so much as the taste. I pick up a very metallic taste from the one chrome mouthpiece device I have. Anodized aluminum is not a problem, but chrome = yuk.

My wife has one and the vast 510 drip tips we have fit on it. Funny thing is that the tip off the eternity wont fit anything else. But you are not limited to just that one tip.

Excellent. thanks!

Last edited:
When I first got mine I popped the coil by having my c twist set to around 4.6 volts. (Im assuming thats what did it, and further reading notified me that there should be a break in period) so after replacing the atty I have been vaping on 3.2 volts to "break it in". This is my first rba and I plan on getting a rsst or Phoenix next but to get an understanding of this particular rba, how many volts can this thing take? And how long should I break in the atty? Hours? Days? As you can tell I'm very new to all of this so any help is greatly appreciated :D

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I too was considering a purchase. Just curious how well it works with the eGo cartridge? Any leaking issues?

Yesterday and today I've been using the ego tank with mine. Zero leaking out the bottom or sides. If you hold the PV completely upside down, juice will drip out, but so far, no problems laying my PV down flat even. If I wanted to carry it around with me I'd have to come up with a way to seal the mouthpiece, but for home use, it's been perfect.

Take this with a grain of salt of course, as I'm only 3 days in to using this thing. :)

P.S. Alternating between 3.2 and 3.7 volts.

PPS. Despite what I saw in the youtube reviews, mine did come with one ego tank cartridge.

Last edited:
Yesterday and today I've been using the ego tank with mine. Zero leaking out the bottom or sides. If you hold the PV completely upside down, juice will drip out, but so far, no problems laying my PV down flat even. If I wanted to carry it around with me I'd have to come up with a way to seal the mouthpiece, but for home use, it's been perfect.

Take this with a grain of salt of course, as I'm only 3 days in to using this thing. :)

P.S. Alternating between 3.2 and 3.7 volts.

PPS. Despite what I saw in the youtube reviews, mine did come with one ego tank cartridge.

Thanks for the info, I think I will put it on my wishlist.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I picked up 2 a few months ago and still remain pretty pleased with them. They are super-simple to rebuild, although the posts work best with only 36 gauge Kanthal. I can kind-of, sort-of get 34 gauge to work, but it requires a lot of force to get the posts back on securely, and I’m concerned about breakage.

I used it at first with the eGo tank but didn’t care for how the tank felt (don’t like flat drip tips). No leakage issues with the tank. You have to use the flexible rubber bottom caps instead of the standard hard plastic ones that come with the tanks.

I use it mostly in drip mode and, with a slightly longer wick, it holds a lot! The well in the base of the unit, plus the o-rings on the outside threads do an excellent job of eliminating leakage.

The only failure I’ve had with it was when I tried using it with a bottom feeder (Reo). Just could not get it to feed properly regardless of how much I fiddled with it.

But as a dripping atty, it’s been a good performer and, for my clumsy fingers, one of the easiest to rebuild with only a few shouted profanities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread