Vision spinner charge & usage time

Status
Not open for further replies.

manlike

Sep 19, 2013
oxford
Hello all,

I got a spinner 1300 for Christmas which I'm well impressed with. My first VV battery. It came fully charged & lasted 2 days with reasonably heavy vaping. I charged it Boxing Day evening & after about 1 hour the charger light was green. At work the next day it ran out in the morning, do charged it again. Again about 1 hour to charge. It ran out that same evening. So this time I plugged it in & left it for plugged in after green light had come on for about her hour or so & this time it lasted pretty much a full day,

I get about 2 days out of my riva 1100 batts & a few hours out my ego mini 350, so would expect better performance from the spinner, and would expect longer charging times. I have been using the spinner between 3.7 & 4.2 volts & charging it set at 4.2 volts as suggested by people on the forum.

I'm going to charge it this morning on my friends charger to see if that helps,

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, it should take longer than an hour to charge from non-firing state. 3 -4 is more typical.

Could be a bad charger, just not really doing its job... although it if works fine on your other batteries...

But check the contacts on the battery and the charger, make sure they're clean. Some juice is normal, so clean them before attaching. (I clean them any time I change the topper.) If it's baked on, use a swab and alcohol to clean them off. A bad connection can cause problems.

Crawl

Dec 13, 2013
Rochester, NY
I was having the same problem with mine..I got a new charger...had the same problem..then used the new charger will a different USB to plug adapter..waited for the green light on the charger and the light to go off on the spinner and was back to getting 2+ days of heavy vaping of a single charge...also set it at 4.2 volts while charging(don't know if that really helped the charging process though)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
That's pretty typical, Jenn, for the 1300 Spinners.

And good point about the port for the USB. While they're all supposed to be able to provide at least 500 mA, stuff happens...

Personally, I don't use any computer port for anything that isn't computer related. I use a 4 port wall adapter for charging my Ego style batteries. Lots cheaper to replace if anything goes wrong with the charger or battery while plugged in!

manlike

Sep 19, 2013
oxford
Update on this. I used my friends charger at work Sunday morning. I could only leave it charging for 3 hours & the green light didn't come on. The spinner lasted until Monday evening. So better already. I charged it again this morning at work with my friends charger & took approx 4 hours. Been vaping on it all day & hopefully it'll last out till tomorrow evening. Looks like my charger was the problem. Good if so as I'm loving my spinner. Thanks to everyone for you advice !!!

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I have two Vision spinner 1300's and both last about 10 hours of moderately heavy vaping @ 4.3v on a 2.5ohm coil. They are designed to stop working once battery voltage drops below a certain value thus preventing over depletion and damage to the battery. When fully depleted both take 4 - 5 hours to charge although I rarely allow one to reach that point before switching out. Each requires a different charge procedure, one (the oldest) just automatically starts when connected to a charger while the newest one requires the fire button be depressed after it is connected before it will start charging. On yours does the charger's light turn from green to red once you hook the battery to it? Does the fire button on your battery light up and stay lit while being charged?

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
1300 should definitely last most of the day, depending on settings and how often you use it. A very general rule of thumb, 100 MAH equals 1 hour of vaping time. That is a very general guideline though. As for charge time, at least 4 hours, and like Baditude has stated, use a wall wart, the USB ports on most computers just aren't very well regulated or reliable.

My Spinner is used on the go, I charge it once a week. Sometimes I turn it off before charging, sometimes I set it to 4.2, sometimes I do neither. The only problem I ever had was the charger and Spinner not making contact, I eased up the center pin on both and haven't had a problem since.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Among other devices, I have 4 Spinners - three 1300s and a 900.

On all of them, the battery light will come on when first put on charge. Depending on discharge state, that will go out in some amount of time, but long before the charger light goes green. At this point, they are NOT fully charged. Charger light green says the charger is finally sensing a battery voltage high enough to turn off the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread