• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vision Spinner ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just got a Vision Spinner ll 1600mAh.
I ordered from myEpack yesterday and it's here already! As always, brilliant despatch/delivery!

In the description it states:
Operating Volts (output): 3.3 to 4.8V Charging voltages(inputs): 4.2V / 420mA

It didn't come with a charger, so what should I use?
For my Evod & Ego spinner type batteries I have a Kangertech USB stating output 4.2v - 400mA. I use it with a mains adapter with output 500mA. Is that one OK to use?

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
I ordered from myEpack yesterday and it's here already! As always, brilliant despatch/delivery!

For my Evod & Ego spinner type batteries I have a Kangertech USB stating output 4.2v - 400mA. I use it with a mains adapter with output 500mA. Is that one OK to use?
Grabbed this info for you:
• Spinner II, no different to regular eGo batteries, requires a standard USB charger of 420mA output and a wall adapter of 500mA output. Any use of non-standard chargers, especially with higher output such as iPhone chargers, is likely to damage the battery and cause unwanted consequences. Therefore the usage of non-standard chargers on Spinner II is strictly prohibited and immediately invalidates the warranty.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
If I search 'spinner' on their site, the two types of battery come up plus that charger ...but the charger has no spec given, and knowing I have around 6 different USB chargers, I was pretty sure I'd have one to suit.

I don't see anyone offering a 'kit' that supplies a charger with it.
Still, it avoids selling things with items people don't really need and keeps the prices down - but telling people exactly which chargers (USB and/or mains) to use a battery with would be very helpful.

Thanks for finding the right information regarding which one to use!

It's a bit of a chunky monster compared to my eGo and Evod batteries, but I do like the button on this battery: it's a nice smooth yet still tactile diamond type shape set on the main body and is very easy to press.

They state a specific direction to move the spinner wheel:looks like it needs the bottom part with the red mark to be moved to the right rather than the left! (anticlockwise) but I find that when it's at 4.8 it won't go any further and has to be moved back to the left in order to reduce the voltage (clockwise)! - that's how it reads - did I get that wrong

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
If I search 'spinner' on their site, the two types of battery come up plus that charger ...but the charger has no spec given, and knowing I have around 6 different USB chargers, I was pretty sure I'd have one to suit.

I don't see anyone offering a 'kit' that supplies a charger with it.
Still, it avoids selling things with items people don't really need and keeps the prices down - but telling people exactly which chargers (USB and/or mains) to use a battery with would be very helpful.

Thanks for finding the right information regarding which one to use!

It's a bit of a chunky monster compared to my eGo and Evod batteries, but I do like the button on this battery: it's a nice smooth yet still tactile diamond type shape set on the main body and is very easy to press.

They state a specific direction to move the spinner wheel:looks like it needs the bottom part with the red mark to be moved to the right rather than the left! (anticlockwise) but I find that when it's at 4.8 it won't go any further and has to be moved back to the left in order to reduce the voltage (clockwise)! - that's how it reads - did I get that wrong

Info here, may help you :)
Vision Spinner II Variable Voltage 1600mAh Battery : Vision Electronic Cigarette, Original Manufacturers

dhock50

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Sedalia, MO. USA
I am supposed to get mine in the mail today, I have a couple of the regular spinners, but excited to use this one. I really like that the button light color will change to let you know the amount of charge you have left. On the spinners I have, you move the dial clockwise (right) to increase the voltage and counterclockwise (left)
to reduce.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I am supposed to get mine in the mail today, I have a couple of the regular spinners, but excited to use this one. I really like that the button light color will change to let you know the amount of charge you have left. On the spinners I have, you move the dial clockwise (right) to increase the voltage and counterclockwise (left)
to reduce.

I like the lights on the button too!
Yes, the direction of the spinner does seem clearer now! I'll just remember not to move it over either of the dots!

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Just FYI, the 510 USB charger looks just like the EGO charger (pigtail), and I dont believe the EGO chargers work as well on Spinners. Its a common problem with Spinners V1 & V2. If you have problems like your Spinner dies after 30 minutes of use, you have the incorrect charger. Thankfully, the correct one is only a few bucks, or I guess euros in your case. :)

To clarify, I'm talking about the pigtail part, not the wall adapter.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Just FYI, the 510 USB charger looks just like the EGO charger (pigtail), and I dont believe the EGO chargers work as well on Spinners. Its a common problem with Spinners V1 & V2. If you have problems like your Spinner dies after 30 minutes of use, you have the incorrect charger. Thankfully, the correct one is only a few bucks, or I guess euros in your case. :)

To clarify, I'm talking about the pigtail part, not the wall adapter.
Thanks! I'll try and make sure I use the right one! :)

SaabFanatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2014
Peterborough, Canada

I have a Vision Spinner II and a Kangertech USB charger that I use in conjunction with a blackberry charger...works great for me.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
First rule of e-cigs (as posted on AAEC UK) for me is this.

Use an e-cig charger with an e-cig mains/wall adapter. Both are then limited to 400, 420, 500 or whatever.

I DO NOT use the 1A mains plugs that people own for mobile phones. It was using a 1A iPhone wall adapter that burned down a house in the UK with a TW eGo and TW ego charger.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've now had my Spinner ll for 2months and have been happy with it until this past week or so: it doesn't seem to be holding it's charge as well/long as it did.

I never timed how long I got from it, but I'm using it in exactly the same way I always have: It's used for one of my three favourites/most used. It mostly has had a mini Protank ll on it, and sometimes in the past two weeks a MOW, and the voltage is set at around 3.5

The two I use most are in tanks on MVP2's, so this is probably used a bit less than those.
I'd hazard a guess that I got two days at least from the Spinner ll before re-charging, by the past couple of days, it's been lucky to last the day.

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
I've now had my Spinner ll for 2months and have been happy with it until this past week or so: it doesn't seem to be holding it's charge as well/long as it did.

I never timed how long I got from it, but I'm using it in exactly the same way I always have: It's used for one of my three favourites/most used. It mostly has had a mini Protank ll on it, and sometimes in the past two weeks a MOW, and the voltage is set at around 3.5

The two I use most are in tanks on MVP2's, so this is probably used a bit less than those.
I'd hazard a guess that I got two days at least from the Spinner ll before re-charging, by the past couple of days, it's been lucky to last the day.

Mine loses charge after around a day and I use a standard USB EGO fitting charger. What size heads are you using? I had a bunch of 1.5 ohm dual coil heads and these bad boys do drain your battery. I got some 1.8 ohm and 2.0 ohm on order.

I think in my case it a combination of charger and head.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Ah! You have a point there! ...the MOW comes with 1.5ohm coils! I noticed the Spinner not lasting as long on a charge around the time I got the MOW!

It wasn't always charging properly though - saw it go off charge after an hour a couple of times, so I keep an eye on it now and charge it set at around 4.2v, and if it goes off (which it hasn't done the last few times thankfully) I remove it and then screw it back on.

I also now have some 2.0ohm and 1.8.
Definitely a combination of coils and charger! :)

Be interesting to see the price of the new Kanger battery when it arrives: IPOW 2 SHENZHEN KANGER TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread