• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vision Spinner ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The few with the single coil I have aren't bad when thy work properly. Worst has been the mini Unitank ..terrible for siphoning and leaking. The mPT2 has it's moments, but isn't too bad, but the only really consistent one has been the genuine Evod. It may be basic but it does work. I find it good for trying out new ones, and it's neat on a 3" Evod battery to take out and about.

The eleaf istick is neat too though, and that will take any tank I have :)

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
I wouldn't mind one of those vapour sharks that rip tripper uses.

Just watched a vid with some guy claiming he burnt out his bvc in 2 hours! He was slating them then went on to say that he was using 17 watts! What a plum!

Going to try CLS in the nautilus tomorrow. Just cannot believe the constant flavour I'm getting. I think kanger products are not for me anymore as anything custard based just diminish in flavour very quickly and it's all about flavour with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I wouldn't mind one of those vapour sharks that rip tripper uses.
Ha! Always something we want! :laugh:

Just watched a vid with some guy claiming he burnt out his bvc in 2 hours! He was slating them then went on to say that he was using 17 watts! What a plum!
Can't say I've been anywhere near that! Think 9 was as high as I went and soon went back down to my usual which is somewhere between 6 and 7.5 usually.

Going to try CLS in the nautilus tomorrow. Just cannot believe the constant flavour I'm getting. I think kanger products are not for me anymore as anything custard based just diminish in flavour very quickly and it's all about flavour with me.
I have three custard type ones in MOW tanks at the moment, and all are tasting really good - suppose we all taste things differently though.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm getting an iLeaf at the end of the month. As much as I live my spinner, it doesn't hold its charge that well. I'm forever charging it and my old evod battery lasts longer!

Think you'll be impressed with it! I've got three in use and one spare and really like them. No trouble at all to use. They don't like it if any liquid gets on the contact, apart from that, they seem fine.

FastTech had some (authentic) in stock but they only lasted a few hours before being sold out! :)

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
I just got 2 of the kings crown range by suicide bunny. Really disappointed. The one I was looking forward to that promised a "werthers original" type flavour had zero flavour, more like a cream with raisins. Tried it on my nautilus on a spinner then my itaste but yuk!
Shocking to be fair!

Need a good menthol methinks! Any recommendations?

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I just got 2 of the kings crown range by suicide bunny. Really disappointed. The one I was looking forward to that promised a "werthers original" type flavour had zero flavour, more like a cream with raisins. Tried it on my nautilus on a spinner then my itaste but yuk!
Shocking to be fair!

Hey Jeddy.
I've found anything by SB,needs a bloody good steeping.Throw it in the back of a cupboard for a few weeks and try it again.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Shocking to be fair!
Yes, steep it and try again! I've had a few strawberry ones that take a while to steep.
Not sure if the diketones diacetyl/acetyl thing bothers you, but I've seen a few things said about their relatively high use in SB's - here's one: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bate-position-do-you-take-3.html#post14506868
From what I read, independent tests have shown them to be above advised levels, yet SB denied that there were any in their liquids.

Need a good menthol methinks! Any recommendations?
In recent times I've had the Steam Gunk one from CV: Iced Mint Menthol. Nice cool menthol mint one.
Plus I just got three from MBV: White Ice, White Out, & Extreme Ice - I like the White Ice but it's not on the site at the moment for some reason, White Out is a cool Cream/mint: nice but not for all day, and Extreme Ice is a good, cool one with plenty of taste.
I got 2 flavour shots in all of mine.

By the way - if you still intend getting an iStick, FastTech keep getting authentic stock in - it goes out fast but gets replenished quite quickly.Best to find some at 'ships next day', but when I ordered one at 11 days shipping, it actually left the next day! From shipping it was here in 8 days.

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
I've kind of gone off SB's of late and the stuff I have just read has put me right off. I guess my fave GCR from Nicoticket has levels of diacetyl in there being a dessert flavour. But why has no one developed 'popcorn lung' from regular cigs which have 100x + the levels found in e-liquid? I know for a fact that Mrs Lords uses no diacetyl and especially in my favourite marmalade flavour. I did see somewhere a list of vendors who do not use this product (I'll have a dig).

Just saw this on Spiritus Vapes, its a dripper 'tank' that fits on a protank base and all you do is pop the coil on the base, whip out the stem off the coil and place the dripper tank on and drip. Looks good and Spiritus include the tank base with the product which is £16. Tempted.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've kind of gone off SB's of late and the stuff I have just read has put me right off. I guess my fave GCR from Nicoticket has levels of diacetyl in there being a dessert flavour. But why has no one developed 'popcorn lung' from regular cigs which have 100x + the levels found in e-liquid? I know for a fact that Mrs Lords uses no diacetyl and especially in my favourite marmalade flavour. I did see somewhere a list of vendors who do not use this product (I'll have a dig).
Perhaps the reason we don't see smoking related lung disease described as popcorn lung is that no-one associated the diketones/diacetyl in cigarette smoke with the flavouring related disease until e-cigs came along and started using the same flavourings.
On the other hand, perhaps actually inhaling tobacco smoke, or directly inhaling e-liquid vapours causes/can cause a totally different disease because of the more concentrated quantity that would be inhaled direct to the lungs, or that it gets heated to higher temperatures ....I don't know.
What is obvious is that we don't know the long term effects of these things, yet it is known that diketones are, in certain circumstances, dangerous to the health - so the better flavouring manufacturers are working on ones that are better suited to the e-cig industry rather than for food flavouring.

I get breathing problems with PG, but I can also get it quite severely from certain flavourings: vanilla was one of the first in two brands of pre-filled cartridge used with a cig size battery. Having moved on to larger batteries and tanks last March, I've since found that some vanilla/custards trouble me, whilst others don't. So when I find a custard or dessert/bakery type that gives me no problems, I tend to stick with it :)
I also know that some fruit flavours can actually produce diacetyl, and it's interesting that I do get problems with a number of fruit flavours: lime, apple, blackberry, blackcurrant etc.

Some e-liquid makers will state that they use no diacetyl, but as reading this link will show, some use acetyl propionyl instead, and that is considered 'less risky'. Also, acetoin can catalyse into small amounts of diacetyl.Diacetyl - Colonel Booms Bang Bang Juice - UK E-Liquid

It's a complex subject, but one that concerns me because I do get some problems with certain flavours. It seems to back up the need for caution.
The best e-liquid and flavouring suppliers will show test results per item (examples are Perfumers Apprentice and one called Vapor Bar. There'll be others.) That way, people can choose to either buy the ones with amounts of these substances, or avoid them. It's all about informed choice.
No different really to being able to read the ingredients of a food product, and avoid any not wanted, such as trans-fats or E numbers etc.

When I see a company cited as having particularly high levels of diketones from independent testing, it does make me tend to back off.

Just saw this on Spiritus Vapes, its a dripper 'tank' that fits on a protank base and all you do is pop the coil on the base, whip out the stem off the coil and place the dripper tank on and drip. Looks good and Spiritus include the tank base with the product which is £16. Tempted.
That's a clever idea! I don't use drippers, but can see how many will welcome that, particularly those that don't want to rebuild.

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
Perhaps the reason we don't see smoking related lung disease described as popcorn lung is that no-one associated the diketones/diacetyl in cigarette smoke with the flavouring related disease until e-cigs came along and started using the same flavourings.
On the other hand, perhaps actually inhaling tobacco smoke, or directly inhaling e-liquid vapours causes/can cause a totally different disease because of the more concentrated quantity that would be inhaled direct to the lungs, or that it gets heated to higher temperatures ....I don't know.
What is obvious is that we don't know the long term effects of these things, yet it is known that diketones are, in certain circumstances, dangerous to the health - so the better flavouring manufacturers are working on ones that are better suited to the e-cig industry rather than for food flavouring.

I get breathing problems with PG, but I can also get it quite severely from certain flavourings: vanilla was one of the first in two brands of pre-filled cartridge used with a cig size battery. Having moved on to larger batteries and tanks last March, I've since found that some vanilla/custards trouble me, whilst others don't. So when I find a custard or dessert/bakery type that gives me no problems, I tend to stick with it :)
I also know that some fruit flavours can actually produce diacetyl, and it's interesting that I do get problems with a number of fruit flavours: lime, apple, blackberry, blackcurrant etc.

Some e-liquid makers will state that they use no diacetyl, but as reading this link will show, some use acetyl propionyl instead, and that is considered 'less risky'. Also, acetoin can catalyse into small amounts of diacetyl.Diacetyl - Colonel Booms Bang Bang Juice - UK E-Liquid

It's a complex subject, but one that concerns me because I do get some problems with certain flavours. It seems to back up the need for caution.
The best e-liquid and flavouring suppliers will show test results per item (examples are Perfumers Apprentice and one called Vapor Bar. There'll be others.) That way, people can choose to either buy the ones with amounts of these substances, or avoid them. It's all about informed choice.
No different really to being able to read the ingredients of a food product, and avoid any not wanted, such as trans-fats or E numbers etc.

When I see a company cited as having particularly high levels of diketones from independent testing, it does make me tend to back off.

That's a clever idea! I don't use drippers, but can see how many will welcome that, particularly those that don't want to rebuild.

Trouble is, the juice bottles themselves have very little info and it's in very small text which is hard to read. Even on the vendors websites it's hard to find the info you need.

Have you seen the stuff on NatureVape? Those coils look handy - tempted to get one to try out or even grab one of the tanks. Sturdy hand made coils - none of this mass manufactured stuff and it looks so easy to pop in wicking cotton too without moving the coil itself.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Trouble is, the juice bottles themselves have very little info and it's in very small text which is hard to read. Even on the vendors websites it's hard to find the info you need.
Yes, tiny labels only hold so much info! - Still, I reckon those that have paid for their products to be tested, will be more likely to post the results.
Vapor Bar do exactly that on every one, and where they aren't happy with the result, they mark it as being reformulated. I haven't particularly checked other sites, but with the related chatter, I'm hoping it becomes more commonplace to disclose such things.
Just annoyed that they seem to have removed the 10ml 'tester' size at Vapor Bar. 30ml bottles from the US isn't something I want to chance really in something I haven't tried.

Some of the flavouring manufacturers are doing the testing and making results public. Capella appears to be making a second range of flavours that have no diketones, and TPA is doing the same and removing them where possible.

Chefs Vapour have a huge range of flavourings and concentrates now, and if you ask, I'm pretty sure they'll know of at least some that are free of them. Then you can just get a bottle of pre mixed nicotine base ready to use and mix some of your own. The concentrates and single flavour ones are really easy. I have a couple steeping at the moment.

Have you seen the stuff on NatureVape? Those coils look handy - tempted to get one to try out or even grab one of the tanks. Sturdy hand made coils - none of this mass manufactured stuff and it looks so easy to pop in wicking cotton too without moving the coil itself.
I did take a look a while back - didn't order anything though.
I saw some others just recently but can't remember where!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread