Vision Spinner vs. Twist size, plus some old-school questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Alrighty, so ever since the Ego Twist was released I've been putting them in online shopping carts, staring at the screen, emptying my cart, repeat. I just couldn't pull the trigger because of how long they are. I have a couple 650 mah Volcano Infernos (Ego size) and love how short they are, but they started collecting dust since I discovered variable voltage. So I skipped over the Ego Twist, and got multiple Lavatubes, a Vamo, a VMod, blah blah. But damn it all, I'm still so curious about the Twists.

Then I read in a few places that the Vision Spinner is shorter than the Ego Twist. This got me interested again, and now I'm kind of back to considering either of them. So here is an onslaught of a bunch of boring questions. ;)

1. Does anyone have a picture of a 650mah Ego Twist next to a 650mah Vision Spinner so I can see the length difference?

2. Does the Twist have any advantages over the Spinner? I know the voltage numbers are harder to read, but I have a feeling in my gut that I trust the Joye name more. Though, I'm not basing that on anything.

3. Since I prefer to vape old school and use cartos without a tank, does an Ego cone match the Vision Spinner perfectly (do they both have the exact same rubberized matte black)?

4. I just ordered some black Boge cartos, because the particular website was out of steel. Would I need to remove those stupid stickers to fit the carto under the cone?

Ok, I think that's enough for 2:40 in the morning. :D

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Found this. It does appear the Spinner is shorter and thicker than a comparable Twist.

145841d1351221682-my-ego-c-twist-vision-spinner-vv-photo.jpg

Both the Twist and Spinner are good batteries. I wouldn't have an issue recommending either to someone. As for your carto questions, never used 'em. I'll wait for someone who does to come along and answer your questions about those.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I like the twist - thought the size would be an issue at first, but it's not. I use that and my itaste vv 3.0 (which is a little bit shorter) exclusively now.

Huh. I totally left the iTaste out of the running, because I assumed it was much larger than the VV Egos, considering it's 800 mah. When you say it's a little shorter, are you talking about the 650 or the 1000 Twist?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wait, that can't be right. That would be longer than a Vamo with an 18650 in it. :blink: Or are you including the length of a clearo/tank and a drip tip in that?

I just took the numbers off the Fast Tech site. I don't have one myself.

The 1000 mah Twist is 121 mm. That should be just under 5 inches. So, you're right, 6.89 inches can't be right!

ETA: That must have included the clearo that comes with it. Sorry for the mis-information.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
If you're looking for something that's easy to palm, perhaps one of these might be up your alley? They're 3.51 inches long and take a 18350 battery.

That LOOKS awesome, but I really want to carry something that's variable voltage. My VV mods have totally spoiled me.

I still want one of those though. :oops:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
There are a ton of eGo knockoffs out there. Do your homework. ;)

*hangs head in shame*

I knooooow. I was just blinded by the price tag. Trust me, when I place an order it'll likely be somewhere that I trust and have shopped from before, or if I haven't bought from them, it'll say in print "genuine"... like these:
GoodProphets.com - Spare eGo-C Twist Battery for Joye eGo 650mah
Sweet-Vapes.com - eGo C Twist 650mah

But man, $50 for a kit would've been nice. ;) Then again, I would never use the T2s. I hate top coil.

(With that said, lots of people claim that crap they buy on Fasttech, for example, works just fine. I got my Vamo there. But... would I rather have Joyetech? YES.)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wow, I just stumbled on Vapors-Choice.com and the prices are bananas crazy.
I got all excited when I first discovered Vapors Choice. But, once I ordered a couple of knock-off batteries from them, the excitement died. I did know they were knock-offs when I ordered. I just figured that, since they were just back-ups, just extras, what the H! And, they did work, just not as well as I was used to. I could see and feel the difference in quality. And, the switch didn't work as well as a Joyetech.

(With that said, lots of people claim that crap they buy on Fasttech, for example, works just fine. I got my Vamo there. But... would I rather have Joyetech? YES.)
How is your Vamo? The price has enticed me many times. But, there's just something about it. I'm not sure what. How do you like yours?

I'm sure Fast Tech is probably fine for those few items that say genuine + brand name. But, you always have to watch what advertisements say. For example, genuine Ego isn't genuine Joyetech.

Places that sell knock-offs, especially the extreme ones, always remind me of the time when I was a kid that I bought a little miniature set of tools for some ridiculously low price like $1. I knew even as a child that it was too good to be true. But, the description on the package declared that they were genuine and that they really worked. I figured that the law wouldn't let them say it if it wasn't true.

Once I opened the package, I found that the metal they were made of was so soft that they were totally unusable in any way whatsoever. They were mere decorations, not tools.

machinestatic said:
Actually, hmmm. I did some searching and the vendor said they were genuine on ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...h-22-00-a.html
Vapors Choice does also sell the genuine Joyetech brand. They just don't usually keep the name brands in stock much. But, you have to look at each thing you buy there very carefully to make sure you are buying what you think you're buying.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks DancingHeretik. Look what I found! Joyetech Ego-C Twist 650mah Battery So it says it's genuine Joyetech, and manufactured by Joyetech, in several spots on the page. And they're in stock. Since you've shopped from there before, this is the real deal, right? If so, I could just piece together a kit myself... the battery is $5 less than competitors, and the chargers are all 50% less (though, I'm sure those are not Joyetech).

Also, I know exactly what you mean about cheap tools. I get those $4 cheap eyeglass repair kits at CVS or Walgreen's or whatever, and using them to tighten the screws on glasses will literally BEND the screwdriver head itself, to the point where you have to throw it out. haha

EDIT: NEVERMIND. The black batteries are out of stock. Son of a b*tch. ha :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread