Vision Vivi nova V2 unusable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladox

Nov 27, 2012
Estonia
First of all, hello!
I've been through all sorts of trouble(cracking, leaking, bad taste, etc) with every clearomizer i've bought so far(that's all I have vaped),
but I did not expect this sort of trouble with a vivi nova after reading about them and deciding to buy one.

I'm having serious trouble with my vivi, I've looked high and low through google to no avail.

A week ago, I bought the vivi nova v2 clearo, got home super excited to get to vape something that by all reviews, seems awesome.

I filled the tank up with juice(2,4Ω default head), swished it around a bit, let it sit for a few minutes and tried vaping.
The first few drags I got absolutely no vapor, only a nasty scratch to my throat.
Shrugged it off and proceeded to try and get it going without inhaling, did a few primer pulls and still nothing.
Then I noticed a glow through the small cap between the silicone top and the wick.

And since I've understood that it shouldn't glow unless it's dry, I went to investigate, pulled off the silicone cap to inspect.
The wick was completely saturated with liquid and the coils still started glowing in less than a second, producing almost no vapor.
During that inspection I noticed that the coils were too far away from the wick in my opinion.
Thought it might have been a faulty unit and decided to try the 2,8Ω head. Exactly the same thing,
although it was glowing in different spots than the last one.

Then I tried the 1,8Ω head, it produced a bit more vapour than the last ones, but had a really, really nasty taste to it.
I read that it might be from the machine oil or something left from the process and went ahead and rinsed the head,
let it dry and then puffed on it a bit since i've read it could take around 20-50 puffs for the nasty taste to go away. That did not happen,
it still tasted horrible to the point that I got a sore throat and I did not want to use it anymore.

I gave it another try later to see if it had improved, but then I noticed that it was glowing as well.
So I decided the whole thing is probably from a bad batch and called my supplier, he happily changed out my unit for a new one.

And now comes the kicker. New nova, same problem.

It looks like there's lots of wraps on the second picture but 2 actually glow, it's just a shaky picture.

Although this one's 2,4Ω head produces Loads of vapor and doesn't glow, I barely get any specific taste from my liquids, They're all just kind-of sweet and weird tasting.
After inspecting the 2,4Ω head, visually it looks perfectly fine, so I have no idea why it produces barely any taste, I did the rinse-dry and puff 20-50 times thing, no improvement.

1,8Ω and 2,8Ω suffer from the same problem as the last heads.
I tried wiggling the wicks around just to find that if I move it to one side, the other glows and vice versa.

I contacted my supplier, he said that he tested the nova I claimed to be faulty and the heads are all fine.
So we decided it might be my battery, now having tried 3 batteries, the problem still exists with every battery. (all of them were the regular 650mAh ego batteries though)

I've noticed that if I use a thicker juice, the coils glow more.

Could it be that I received 2 faulty ones in a row?

And now we're to the point of this post, I'm out of ideas and hoping from help from the experienced members around here on what to try.

Oh and I also tried dripping 2 drops directly on the coils with all the heads to get the wicking going, no change.
The current weird tasting 2,4Ω head seems to get dry hits a bit too easily as well, unless I swish and tilt it every 1-2 hits I get a semi-dry hit.

I don't know the exact blends of my liquids but I do know that my supplier ordered the vivi directly from a manufacturer called Kamry(Shenzhen Kamry Technology Co., Ltd|E-Cigarette,Electronic Cigarette).

Battery: regular 650mAh eGo
Clearomizer: Vivi nova V2

My dropbox with all the current pictures of these heads and the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajmbj7v1izbkbvx/2u6f6ENCUw

I realize this is an extremely long post, but since I found nothing like this on google, so i'm hoping people here can give me some advice.
I tried to give as much info as possible and hopefully, if I find help here, other people in my situation can benefit from this thread in the future as well.
I'm really hoping to get this solved since vaping is what helped me quit analogs for about 6 months, until trouble with my vape equipment started, thus I couldn't vape and eventually gave in to a nicotine crave.

Last edited:

Kaywalsk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
I have tried screwing them on less, no difference.
Although they do fit rather tight on the battery, they need a tad bit of force to get into the threads.
My supplier did warn of that and told me that it was normal with my battery and the vivis.
How would I identify a damaged post?

I shouldn't have said damaging, that wasn't a wise choice of words. Basically what tends to happen is people over-tighten their clearomizer onto their battery, and that can cause the pins where the connection is supposed to be made to get pushed down over-time. It all depends on the battery, but sometimes you can use a tweezer or small screw driver to pry it back up a little, and the same goes for the clearomizer.

Hopefully someone else can get in here and explain it better.

Ladox

Nov 27, 2012
Estonia
Well, this vivi is 3 days old.
However I did remove the positive post at the bottom of the atomizer head (that goes into the rubber grommet) to see if the connecting wires are pushed in.
As far as I could tell, everything was where it should be.
I barely saw the tip of the negative post between the grommet and the positive end was perhaps a millimeter short of being flush with the grommet's end.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The genuine Vision head has a spring loaded center contact where it contacts the center post of the battery.

I've had a wick out and the coils were pretty snug to the wick itself. I'm getting flavor and vapor about equal to a good Boge carto with long life and consistency from the Vision Vivi Nova 2.5 mini. When you install a head, you have to finger tighten it, then use a flat device like a screwdriver blade or pen knife blade to tighten it and compress the silicone ring or you will get intermittent firing of the coil. 1/4 to 1/2 turn after finger tight is about right. Don't overdo it. Just stop when it's no longer easy to turn. All you have to do is compress the silicone gasket so that the head is tight and doesn't back out under use.

I use 80pg/20vg relatively clear juices. If you are experiencing cracking of the tube, your juice may be the cause. Cinnamon it notorious for causing cracks in clearos. Thick or really dark juices with lots of suspended particulates won't absorb into the rope wicks.

Last edited:

Ladox

Nov 27, 2012
Estonia
The genuine Vision head has a spring loaded center contact where it contacts the center post of the battery.

Mine's not spring loaded, so it's a knock-off?

Who did you get the heads from? Are you sure they are authentic? They look like they were wrapped wrong and maybe fake, not sure I dont bother with factory heads myself for I rewrap em but that is my guess

There are no official vendors here in estonia, so I buy my stuff from a person who orders them in bulk and just sells them on his own.
I asked him where he orders his stuff and he told me he ordered the vivi directly from a manufacturer called "kamry" I actually wrote that down in my post as well.

I would get into rebuilding them myself but again, since I live in estonia, I couldn't find a store that sells thin enough kanthal or nickel here, to be used in e-cigarettes.

the thinnest kanthal I found was 0.3mm 19.1ohm/m, wouldn't know where to even start with wicks.

Last edited:

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY

I've had a wick out and the coils were pretty snug to the wick itself. I'm getting flavor and vapor about equal to a good Boge carto with long life and consistency from the Vision Vivi Nova 2.5 mini. When you install a head, you have to finger tighten it, then use a flat device like a screwdriver blade or pen knife blade to tighten it and compress the silicone ring or you will get intermittent firing of the coil. 1/4 to 1/2 turn after finger tight is about right. Don't overdo it. Just stop when it's no longer easy to turn. All you have to do is compress the silicone gasket so that the head is tight and doesn't back out under use.

I use 80pg/20vg relatively clear juices. If you are experiencing cracking of the tube, your juice may be the cause. Cinnamon it notorious for causing cracks in clearos. Thick or really dark juices with lots of suspended particulates won't absorb into the rope wicks.

None of my Vivi Novas are spring loaded and its the first time Ive heard of this, Id say your the one with the fakes....or maybe a differnt version older maybe

Ladox

Nov 27, 2012
Estonia
I dont think a true Vision Vivi Nova head would have a coil as loose as the one in your pictures
So the coils are definitely too loose and should be wrapped quite neatly around the wick?
Would it be possible to rewrap one of those using the same coil already in there? As in, stretch it out and wrap it again?

Currently, to me it seems like doing so would leave excess wire using the same amount of wraps.
And snipping the wire is not possible since it has no-resistance wire feet, doing so would result in a hot leg I presume.

Kursha

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
fort worth. texas
Ok, I looked at the big pics up close and It looked like a coil was touching the side ( hard to tell tho ) but those coils are way to loose. Just a idea here but get a blunt needle and try and push some wick in or, better yet, remove the wick and get a cotton ball and pull it apart in long strips. You then twist it around ( roll inbetween your fingers ) then insert it into the coil and pull through until it fills up the inside coil.

Then trim both ends so it fits into your tube and add a few drops of juice into center, wait a few min and do a test. If it works well then screw it all back together and fill up your tube and let it sit for 5-10 mins to allow for the juice to be absorbed by the cotton.

I promise it will work well, there are some step by step pics and instructions in one of the fourms on this.

Good luck =)

Last edited:

Ladox

Nov 27, 2012
Estonia
It seemed to me as well that one of them was touching the side.

Won't the cotton burn when it gets dry accidentally at some point, or when i'm running low on juice?
Other than that, that seems like a great idea.

Absolutely regular cotton?

If I could only get my hands on kanthal or nickel here in estonia, all the problems would be a thing of the past. I wouldn't mind fiddling with rebuilding at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread