The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Visit to cardiologist

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by malkuth, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. malkuth

malkuth Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2013
    Gray, TN, USA
    This morning I had my yearly visit with my cardiologist. (I have a pacemaker, COPD, sleep Apnia and high blood pressure.)

His first question was "Are you still smoking?", to which I replied, "I do not know. I switched to Vaping. I have not had a cigarette since Father's Day. He was overjoyed. According to him, I have quit smoking. I am now in the ranks of non-smokers. I am supposed to be checking my blood pressure daily, but do not remember to do it that often. I did, however have a graph of my blood pressure for the last 3 months or so. The interesting thing is that since giving up stinkies, my BP has dropped an average of 7-9 pts. He was ecstatic about that as well. Then he listened to my heart beat (and breathing). You could hear the amazement in his voice as he listened. Once again, pleased.

Why am I posting this here? As well as posting in the health and wellness section, I put it here cause I can blame my non-smoking status on REOs. It is only through the use of a REO that I have been able to give up the cigarettes.

Thanks Rob, for a wonderful device. You should be proud that your invention has helped yet another person to give up cigarettes and improve their health and well being!

Sam

2. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Bow, WA, USA
    :banana: Fabulous news, Sam! :banana:

Its always great to see new Reo users enjoy their device...but its something else when a few of us can actually say we were able to quit while using these. I happily admit, I also got to say that the Reo was what helped me make that final transition, something I never thought possible.

Way to go! :thumbs:

3. oldbroad

oldbroad don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Wonderful Sam!

I know how good I feel when I introduce someone to ecigs and they stop smoking, so because of your wording it occurred to me that our modmaster has been so extremely instrumental in getting people so very many off of the cigs and into much better health and longivety....
    not to mention the joy of finding so many wonderful people here in Reoville!

4. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    Hello Sam I love hearing stories like this congrats my friend :) My dad couldn't walk 20 yards without stopping struggling for air . He is a new man since he quit smoking . His doctors were blown away with his health improvements . I hope you health keeps improving and thanks for sharing

5. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    Sam,
    That is awesome news bro. I also had a great lung CT scan after vaping for 5 or 6 months. Nodules that were found in a CT scan 6 months prior that were ultimately determined to be pneumonia related were no longer present. During that time frame, I quit smoking cold turkey, then a month later, started to vape like a fiend.

Dr said my lungs looked great and all levels in a detailed panel were excellent also.

Thanks for sharing your great news bro :)

6. dash

dash Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Colorado
    Awesome! As a fellow COPD'er, I am experiencing much the same. Asthma has been well under control since vaping. Attacks have been surrounding related. (weather, smoke from wildfires ect).

7. debzcf

debzcf Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2013
    At the shore...
    Congratulations, Sam! You've given yourself (and all those who love you) the greatest gift ever. Check your BP daily...you wouldn't forget to brush your teeth, would you? Are you doing quarterly remote monitoring of your PM?

I'm with you...the REO enabled me to get off the cigs. Rob has saved many a life. :)

8. GameDesigner

GameDesigner Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
  9. FogHawg

FogHawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2013
    KY
    These are the very best kind of threads!!

10. Statistic

Statistic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    United States
    It's always so fascinating to hear about the real life positive impact of vaping

I mean whodathunk 10 years ago that we would soon be gleefully replacing the monkey on our backs with delicious vapor?

Sam, so glad to hear and thank you for sharing your good news :)

11. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    That's great to hear! Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.