• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Visiting STL next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Cinnamon Danish? Oh boy, I bet it's got a nice rich, sweet flavor. Speaking of motorcycles...unfortunately, I can't make it to Elite because I'm recovering from a broken right leg due to a track day accident at the beginning of last month. I'm gonna order online and they'll prolly scratch their heads since they're mailing to local address, LOL!

I'm not sure if I should go for the buy 3 get 1 free deal or not. Bah, who am I kidding - of course I should! :D

on the edit: I'd love to have a Duc Monster 1100 EVO to hooligan around on in the city :thumb:

Last edited:

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Yep, Gateway Motorsports Park. The last turn does point you at the wall (safer barrier for cars) but it ends in a chicane before you enter the straight; part of the pit in road (referred to as the Goat Trail) is used instead of the banked NASCAR turns 3 & 4. We also line the wall with 3 sections of air fence with additional straw bales on either end. My get-off happened at Turn 2 on the infield section of the track.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
OK. The last turn at Nashville came out onto the NASCAR front straight as well, but it was at the exit of a turn that ran inside their turns 3/4. All the times we raced there, I only saw one crash where the bike ended up sliding all the way to the wall.

It was really scary in the rain, because the runoff from the stands dumped little creeks onto the front straight. You'd be wide open in fifth and sixth and the back tire would spin up every 20 yards or so as you ran across them, even with rains on.

I'm looking forward to doing some track days at Gateway next year if we move to STL.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Yeah, nice!

Looks like your buddy was killing his drive out of the turns due to either gearing or being a gear too high.

I know exactly how he felt! :blush:

Let's just say that my trophy shelf is in no danger of collapsing under all the weight. :toast:

Heading to Atlanta in a few for the IMS show and to finalize the deal for a ride at an upcoming race at Jennings. :D

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
He insists on staying -1 in the front. I think he's convinced it helps him "keep up" with the liter bikes, but I agree with losing drive on corner exit. He's a former dirt rider and I think his concept of "being smooth" is on the other end of the spectrum from mine.

Still, what do I know? At the beginning of the season he was a second faster than me. By the third race weekend, he was a solid two seconds faster. Then, at the beginning of June, I had my backroad accident that effectively ended my race season. Unfortunately, this last track accident at the beginning of Oct. has forced me into retirement from two wheels altogether.

:cry:

My saving grace? They've put in a shifter-cart track @ Gateway! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread