vit N extraction via acid/base method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie70

Mar 16, 2011
ontario
Hi All,

I made a batch of water based extract that gave a good hit of vit n, but too many impurities. So Ive been reading up on acid/base extraction. What I need to know is for vaping do i want to end with an acid or a base. here on ecf i saw a post ending in an acid for this method. Yet another source I found through google ended with a base. I guess it doesn`t matter which you start/end with as long as you finish with the opposite. Like running an dc motor +/- terminals don't matter if you don't care which direction the motor spins. So for vaping do I care which way the motor spins - as long as I get the alkloids?

Oxyfast

Feb 13, 2010
CO
Use the base. The base is stable and crosses into the body easily (including through the skin so be careful handling it).

Better still, it will greatly simplify finishing your extraction since you wont have to titrate the sulfate ion concentration to avoid a horrible gooey mess. Instead just use the base, dissolve and recrystalize twice out of xylene (or whatever strong non polar solvent you have).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread