• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vivi nova gurgling/flooding fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
So, I filled my vivi nova 3.5 ml a few days ago and it was working great. Then it started gurgling and letting juice down the center, which pooled up on the contact of my eGo Twist. It got me wondering why it was working fine and then started leaking all of a sudden. I blew the excess liquid out and then took the drip tip off to look down into the wick area.

What I noticed is that the silicone tube that seals the center tube to the cap had slipped sideways at one spot, which created a gap that let the juice get into the center. It also explains why it gurgled sometimes and not others- it depended on which way it was laid down.

I initially tried to push the silicone over to create a seal again while the tank cap was still on, but it didn't want to go. Kept deforming and popping back out of place. So I took the cap off and took a look at the silicone seal. There was a spot where it wasn't cut perfectly. It was a tiny spot where it was higher than the rest of the end. That tiny tolerance error creates just enough pressure to cause the seal to pop over out of place.

My fix was to simply flip the silicone tube upside down (while of course flipping that little metal spacer over as well...). It put the bad side down and that was enough to help the tube seal at the spot it needs it most.

I figured quite a few of us have had this issue with vivi novas and thought it might help to share this simple fix.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
There's something else I haven't noticed anyone doing.

If you take the tip off the tank, there's an egg inside the tip itself. One end is tapered a bit and the other is flat.

Now.... if you take off the cap,
push the tapered end of the egg down into the top of the cap until it is through the hole,
then put the cap on a flat surface so the egg ends up even with the bottom of the cap,
then insert the tip into the cap (are you following this so far?),
you end up with a cap that will screw onto the top of the tank with a little plastic insert that will fit into the top of the existing plastic thingy that goes onto the top of the head.

It won't disengage when you refill the tank and it will keep your plastic head cap in place. It also tends to keep liquid out of the drip tip because there's such a small gap.

There is now one more piece to keep track of when you're cleaning the things especially if you didn't know the egg was there to begin with.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I notice sometimes on the 2 ml tanks that the center post sometimes moves in the plastic tube (especially if dropped) and when you unscrew the top you can see it leaning to one side. If you keep it on the battery and apply a bit of opposite pressure on the outside tube it will pop back into the middle and then you just blow through it and it's good to go again. It's hard to explain and haven't looked very hard for a youtube vid about it, but it seems to be the most common problem with Vivi Novas.

Dirty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Vancouver
I posted this in another thread - it's a pretty well known fix for the off-centred silicone gurgling issue. Keeping your parts from the other heads is always a good idea especially if your rebuilding - and rebuilding turns this thing into a pretty decent vape beast.

would add to keep it from moving in the future, take a flat head screwdriver to the empty slots that your coil sits between - that is the same metal pieces that the tube is attached to - and pry them out slightly (too much torque can break them off). The makes the centre tube a tighter fit and less prone to go off centre.

This slight mod is written about in threads on rebuilding the nova all over ecig forums, if you need a visual reference check pbusardo's review/rebuild of the nova. He does the same thing in it.

Since I've done this my nova has handled itself much better, be careful doing so as I broke one head by prying too much, just a slight torque to make the tube fit more snug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread